Tags:
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1049 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 7:12 am
I don't think assesed means they have reviewed it but more like they have received it. As soon as I filed with SimpleTax, it was shown as assesed on the CRA website.
Weird...mine showed as 'in process' and has for a couple days
Mar 14, 2017
1 posts
Mine says assessment date of march 16th too. And it doesn't show me a notice of assessment.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2013
4156 posts
592 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
lordsoth wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:48 am
I'm kind of worried as I have a future assessed date of March 16 however, there is no Notice of Assessment Available as of today March 15. In the past, the Notice of Assessment comes out about three days before the deposit date, showing the deposit date a few days in the future.

I'm hoping CRA changed it's procedure and does not issue the notice of assessment until the day the money goes into the account. Otherwise, I'm probably flagged for review., and will probably have to wait months for my money.

Can anybody confirm that the actual notice of assessment is not visible until the CRA post-dated assessed date?
I have the exact same issue... and same dates..
May 8, 2015
31 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Hey guys wondering if anyone can answer a very very simple question. Does My CRA say "Direct Deposited" or something similar when you look at your return? I set up DD after I netfiled and mine says "mailed". Just wondering if I should expect it later today or this week.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7025 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
Under Important Information, you'll see:

Your 2016 return was assessed and a refund of $233,320 was deposited directly into your bank account on March 14th 2017.

Anarchaotic wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:41 pm
Hey guys wondering if anyone can answer a very very simple question. Does My CRA say "Direct Deposited" or something similar when you look at your return? I set up DD after I netfiled and mine says "mailed". Just wondering if I should expect it later today or this week.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 21, 2016
147 posts
27 upvotes
If you set up DD after you Netfliled, they will mail your refund cheque. They basically take a snapshot of your account info (address, DD, etc) at time of filing and that is what they use to process your payment.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2016 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
bobo709 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:00 pm
If you set up DD after you Netfliled, they will mail your refund cheque. They basically take a snapshot of your account info (address, DD, etc) at time of filing and that is what they use to process your payment.
How does it work if you sent in a manual return?
Made an over payment to my arrears account to keep collections at bay, then my accountant netfiled 2015 and I had to manually file 2014 because it was late.
After all that, I set up a "My Account" with DD.

Still waiting for the manual return to be processed. I took 1month for them to acknowledge receipt and 3 months waiting for it to be processed.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel