• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2017 11:48 am
Mar 8, 2004
655 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
wirebound wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:18 am
So basically, if my kid's drone weighs less than 250 g (and it does), then do any of those regulations apply to him? He could now fly it in the parks in the city?
It seems like the answer is yes, he can fly in the park. However, my gut feeling is local police forces will have a field day handing out tickets first even if it is under the limit.

I won't be surprised if a lot of people end up in court over this. It's not like people walk around with kitchen scales. Maybe we should? Lol Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/ca ... _users.pdf
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
5381 posts
1405 upvotes
Toronto
ridiculous non-sense.

basically, fly it illegal and don't put your name on it.

chance of getting caught very low.. just dont stand out in the open. launch your mavic pro, get in your car and fly it from there.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3277 posts
215 upvotes
i'll leave my email on there...no way am i putting my phone number, full name and address though. They should've just done it like the FAA in the US, a regitration number.

you can tell these rules are made by knee-jerk reaction without much consultation or research.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel