• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 3:42 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1962 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto, ON
twitchyzero wrote: good point

i wish someone would just take a retired jet turbine and simulate this to end the what if's

I still believe the chance of that is ridiculously slim, a float plane or helicopter that whizzes by at lower altitude is probably a way bigger concern
Float plane and heli pilots are properly licensed they will never fly near a commercial airliner or jet powered planes unless they are on a suicide mission. A learjet almost crashed after the pilot tried to be funny and fly close to a A380 for photo ops - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 69e27d99ee

No need for additional tests to prove that jet engines can safely ingest drones unless the manufacturers want to sponsor that study. Turbine makers do all sorts of simulations and it's not their job to make engines "drone" proof because of non-compliant drone pilots.
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7764 64 Core & Dual 5950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
in BC's Sea-to-Sky corridor, I've seen multiple occasion where prop planes zip over tree lines under 500ft AGL nowhere near the air strip...same with helicopters
hang gliders and kitesurfers are also under threat from aerial cams.
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Canada's drone laws could be relaxed in near future

Canada's drone laws could be relaxed in the near future, paving the way for recreational users and first responders to reach new heights. CBC News has obtained a briefing note for the transportation minister through a freedom of information request — it suggests the government come up with new regulations using information it learns from a pilot project that will allow Canada's first responders to fly drones farther than current laws allow.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)