2017 Ford Focus Electric (base) $20,536 ON - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2018 9:33 am
Jun 13, 2017
30 posts
6 upvotes
firetech123 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:47 pm
Its definitely different in how Ford is prioritizing orders. We're used to first come first served basis.
I work at a car factory in an engineering capacity and I can't even figure out WTF Ford is doing. We used to build an EV on the same line as our major model, and they would sail through almost unnoticed once we got good at it. So it's not like there is a massive difference in how the car goes together, outside of the obvious battery and motor differences.

My best guess is that they are having a shortage of a certain key component due to the increased demand, and the supply chain is catching up. Something like the motor or battery. Who knows.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6040 posts
923 upvotes
Mississauga
freddd wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:59 pm
I work at a car factory in an engineering capacity and I can't even figure out WTF Ford is doing. We used to build an EV on the same line as our major model, and they would sail through almost unnoticed once we got good at it. So it's not like there is a massive difference in how the car goes together, outside of the obvious battery and motor differences.

My best guess is that they are having a shortage of a certain key component due to the increased demand, and the supply chain is catching up. Something like the motor or battery. Who knows.
Everybody has to remember until the Ontario rebate of $14,000.00 nobody wanted anything to do with this vehicle. Ford I'm sure was as shocked as you guys with the $14,000.00 rebate. These vehicles only represent a small percentage of Ford sales why would they rush production.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1455 posts
263 upvotes
Ontario
freddd wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:59 pm

I doubt there is anything going on with production, more likely how they prioritize dealers/orders.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6040 posts
923 upvotes
Mississauga
shoppingkart wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 11:11 pm
I doubt there is anything going on with production, more likely how they prioritize dealers/orders.
They produce what pays the bills simple as that. Electric vehicles are not there yet. In time who knows.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1455 posts
263 upvotes
Ontario
antigua1999 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 11:19 pm
They produce what pays the bills simple as that. Electric vehicles are not there yet. In time who knows.
You are right....vehicles sequenced into production many weeks ahead and Ford knows these low volume eclectic cars with the rebates are a sure sell, so no reason to alter production schedule.
Jul 11, 2017
1 posts
I bought mine at East court ford and still waiting. Called ford customer service and was told the reason for the delay that dealer sold the car and had no allocations
Jun 13, 2017
30 posts
6 upvotes
I also don't have a build date yet just an estimate of "end of august or early september".
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
346 upvotes
Did you guys call your dealership? They normally have more info on your car than Ford's CS.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1229 posts
270 upvotes
Woodbridge
June 21st build date, ordered in March, told next week pickup.
Feb 15, 2004
408 posts
46 upvotes
Newmarket
Called the dealer(Yonge Steels Ford) and they said they also see it's in transit but no ETA. Jun 13th build date. :(
Feb 2, 2008
310 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone able to find one now at a dealer in Ontario? Went to pickering location and salesperson mentioned his dealership is no longer taking orders until next year.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1455 posts
263 upvotes
Ontario
alee23 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 3:49 pm
Anyone able to find one now at a dealer in Ontario? Went to pickering location and salesperson mentioned his dealership is no longer taking orders until next year.
Unless someone cancel their order you will not find a car in Ontario. It was mentioned earlier, that there was a couple of units in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1486 posts
894 upvotes
Canada
Found one in Gatineau.
Picking up on Tuesday/Wednesday. Will have to pay 14k as downpayment and apply for rebate myself though.
~$20200 all in. (they did take $400 as dealer fee, ugh, didn't feel like arguing too much)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1063 posts
134 upvotes
Milton
seafish wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 9:35 pm
Found one in Gatineau.
Picking up on Tuesday/Wednesday. Will have to pay 14k as downpayment and apply for rebate myself though.
~$20200 all in. (they did take $400 as dealer fee, ugh, didn't feel like arguing too much)
Thats a great price! Especially for immediate delivery. Congratulations!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17692 posts
807 upvotes
Brampton
If any reps see ths I'll buy one straight cash if I can get that deal ~$19k. Instant sale