• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 6:07 pm
Aug 3, 2008
848 posts
584 upvotes
Ottawa
seanns32 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 1:07 pm
No don't think so. You need to be Ontario resident to get Ontario rebate (and same for getting QC rebate)
Yes, I live in ON as I said. But the car is at QC dealership.
Jan 5, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
montreal
seafish wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 1:10 pm
Yes, I live in ON as I said. But the car is at QC dealership.
My suggestion: call/email every dealer within 100km of you. I bet one of them will have a FFE available. That's what I did and had success.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1451 posts
261 upvotes
Ontario
seafish wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 1:02 pm
Someone told that in Montreal area there were FFEs available:

If I live in ON, is it possible to buy in QC and also get ON rebate?
You were asking about ordering a vehicle hence the "no" answer.
To qualify for the rebate you have to be an Ontario resident and vehicle has to be registered in Ontario.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1329 posts
199 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote:

yes, if the car is registered, plated and insured in Ontario. you have to figure out how to transport the car from Montreal to ON without valid vehicle registration.

If you have received an EVIP incentive, you must keep the vehicle registered, plated, insured and road worthy in Ontario in your
name for at least 12 months from the registration date or if leased, keep the leased vehicle for the entire term of the lease noted
on the application. If you do not meet these requirements, you must repay the incentive in full. Any incentive received that you
are not or do not remain eligible for is a debt due to the Crown. In this case, the incentive must be repaid in full and be received
by the Province of Ontario, before you can receive another incentive.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5445 posts
686 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote:

The only choice that you have is go in to your local dealer and see if they will dealer trade the Focus from Quebec or they can buy it outright from the Quebec dealer. The trick is if they will do it. plus unless you want a few hundred km on the car you would need to flatbed it at an extra cost.
Aug 3, 2008
848 posts
584 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 3:22 pm
The only choice that you have is go in to your local dealer and see if they will dealer trade the Focus from Quebec or they can buy it outright from the Quebec dealer. The trick is if they will do it. plus unless you want a few hundred km on the car you would need to flatbed it at an extra cost.
After some research, it seems like I can buy car from QC dealer, pay GST portion, get temporary 10-day registration, get the car in ON, register, pay PST portion. Apply for ON rebate.
Some dealers in QC will add PST portion to final price and write a check for you to give to MTO so that you don't have to pay it upfront if you lease/finance.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5445 posts
686 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 3:52 pm
After some research, it seems like I can buy car from QC dealer, pay GST portion, get temporary 10-day registration, get the car in ON, register, pay PST portion. Apply for ON rebate.
Some dealers in QC will add PST portion to final price and write a check for you to give to MTO so that you don't have to pay it upfront if you lease/finance.
Very interesting. If you go ahead and do it post the deal so others can use in future if needed.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1329 posts
199 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 3:52 pm
read the application instructions carefully, don't register it in QC. buy it outright from QC dealer, and flatbed it back to ON.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicl ... gram.shtml

E2. Previous Registration
Was this vehicle previously registered and plated in Ontario or registered and plated in another jurisdiction? *
Yes – this vehicle is not eligible for an incentive No – please proceed to E3
Aug 3, 2008
848 posts
584 upvotes
Ottawa
aximrocks wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 4:09 pm
read the application instructions carefully, don't register it in QC. buy it outright from QC dealer, and flatbed it back to ON.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicl ... gram.shtml

E2. Previous Registration
Was this vehicle previously registered and plated in Ontario or registered and plated in another jurisdiction? *
Yes – this vehicle is not eligible for an incentive No – please proceed to E3
Pretty sure "temprary registration" or "transit" is not the same as "registered and plated in another jurisdiction". But of course it's better to consult with MTO and SAAQ
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1329 posts
199 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 4:29 pm
Pretty sure "temprary registration" or "transit" is not the same as "registered and plated in another jurisdiction". But of course it's better to consult with MTO and SAAQ
well, I won't risk it because there is no appeal if your application is denied.
When you sign and submit this application, you are warranting that you, as the applicant have read and agree to all the
declaration/consent statements below.

c) all decisions made by the Province of Ontario relating to the Program, including applicant eligibility and the amount of the
incentive, are final and binding and can not be appealed.
Mar 22, 2017
29 posts
20 upvotes
You can buy the vehicle in Quebec. You don't have to buy it cash either, it can be leased/financed as well. If you finance or lease it the quebec dealer can print out Ontario paperwork for you and that will apply the correct tax percentages for you to show at the mto when it's in Ontario. To get it here you get what is called a trip permit (NOT a temporary sticker) using that permit you drive or tansport the vehicle into Ontario where you then register it with an Ontario ownership and plates. At that point you.ornthe dealer will apply for the EV rebate money.
Feb 21, 2011
10 posts
7 upvotes
tonyhoho wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 10:04 am
Same build date here, ordered March 20th. Called Ford Canada yesterday, they said it is "on transit". ETA July 5 to 11. That's estimate date, not firm.
Car arrived dealership (East Court Ford) today. Will pickup Friday!!
Jun 12, 2007
21 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tonyhoho wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 8:37 pm
I see your's was built on June 20. Where are you located?
I'm in Ottawa and mine's June 7.
May 8, 2009
121 posts
115 upvotes
jeongyun wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:00 pm
I see your's was built on June 20. Where are you located?
I'm in Ottawa and mine's June 7.
Mine is from Campbell ford. Where is yours from. Mine was built June 1 BTW .
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
3637 posts
174 upvotes
tonyhoho wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 8:37 pm
I ordered Mar 21 from East Court, but don't even have a build date... Customer service gave me Sep 10 estimate last time I called...

Can't believe one day difference in order date would result in >2 months difference in delivery

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 0 guests)

jeongyun, RedStrikeCa, neptune, rmtrmt, Nyaxite