2017 Ford Focus Electric (base) $20,536 ON - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 10:40 pm
Feb 21, 2011
10 posts
7 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:12 pm
I ordered Mar 21 from East Court, but don't even have a build date... Customer service gave me Sep 10 estimate last time I called...

Can't believe one day difference in order date would result in >2 months difference in delivery
I don't think it's has too much to do with order date.

My guess is Ford is lining up similar color/options car together onto production line. Mine is Oxford white and leather.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
tonyhoho wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:31 pm
I don't think it's has too much to do with order date.

My guess is Ford is lining up similar color/options car together onto production line. Mine is Oxford white and leather.
Who knows how Ford is making them. There's only one extra option which is leather, everything else is the same except the colors. The other guy who ordered in the beginning of April already got his car while a lot of us ordered in March are still waiting......
Jun 12, 2007
30 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
fusion600 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:09 pm
Mine is from Campbell ford. Where is yours from. Mine was built June 1 BTW .
Campbell ford.
Mar 21, 2017
28 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
LoveRFD wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:36 pm
Who knows how Ford is making them. There's only one extra option which is leather, everything else is the same except the colors. The other guy who ordered in the beginning of April already got his car while a lot of us ordered in March are still waiting......
Its definitely different in how Ford is prioritizing orders. We're used to first come first served basis.
Jun 13, 2017
30 posts
6 upvotes
firetech123 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:47 pm
Its definitely different in how Ford is prioritizing orders. We're used to first come first served basis.
I work at a car factory in an engineering capacity and I can't even figure out WTF Ford is doing. We used to build an EV on the same line as our major model, and they would sail through almost unnoticed once we got good at it. So it's not like there is a massive difference in how the car goes together, outside of the obvious battery and motor differences.

My best guess is that they are having a shortage of a certain key component due to the increased demand, and the supply chain is catching up. Something like the motor or battery. Who knows.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
freddd wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:59 pm
I work at a car factory in an engineering capacity and I can't even figure out WTF Ford is doing. We used to build an EV on the same line as our major model, and they would sail through almost unnoticed once we got good at it. So it's not like there is a massive difference in how the car goes together, outside of the obvious battery and motor differences.

My best guess is that they are having a shortage of a certain key component due to the increased demand, and the supply chain is catching up. Something like the motor or battery. Who knows.
Everybody has to remember until the Ontario rebate of $14,000.00 nobody wanted anything to do with this vehicle. Ford I'm sure was as shocked as you guys with the $14,000.00 rebate. These vehicles only represent a small percentage of Ford sales why would they rush production.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1452 posts
261 upvotes
Ontario
freddd wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:59 pm

I doubt there is anything going on with production, more likely how they prioritize dealers/orders.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
shoppingkart wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 11:11 pm
I doubt there is anything going on with production, more likely how they prioritize dealers/orders.
They produce what pays the bills simple as that. Electric vehicles are not there yet. In time who knows.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1452 posts
261 upvotes
Ontario
antigua1999 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 11:19 pm
They produce what pays the bills simple as that. Electric vehicles are not there yet. In time who knows.
You are right....vehicles sequenced into production many weeks ahead and Ford knows these low volume eclectic cars with the rebates are a sure sell, so no reason to alter production schedule.
Jul 11, 2017
1 posts
I bought mine at East court ford and still waiting. Called ford customer service and was told the reason for the delay that dealer sold the car and had no allocations
Sep 25, 2015
500 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joshmxpx wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:12 pm
I ordered Mar 21 from East Court, but don't even have a build date... Customer service gave me Sep 10 estimate last time I called...

Can't believe one day difference in order date would result in >2 months difference in delivery
I ordered March 25th and no build date so it seems we are competing for the spot of the last 2017 FFE to be produced
Jun 13, 2017
30 posts
6 upvotes
I also don't have a build date yet just an estimate of "end of august or early september".
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
Did you guys call your dealership? They normally have more info on your car than Ford's CS.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1227 posts
270 upvotes
Woodbridge
June 21st build date, ordered in March, told next week pickup.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)