Automotive

2017 Ford Focus Electric (base) $20,536 ON - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2018 9:33 am
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2770 posts
973 upvotes
I'm dealing with the same terrible communication from Yonge and steeles ford. I regret choosing that dealership, but I'm hoping that since this is a 3 year lease I won't have to deal with them often.

Anyone find a solution for a month or 2 car rental that is affordable?
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
2819 posts
1102 upvotes
You guys need to stop complaining. I ordered Feb 18th and I won't get mine till August 15th-20th. It happens. If your lease is ending I'm sure your salesman can set you up with something. Although my order took longer my salesman is great answers all my emails in a day or 2. Pretty much out of their control once the orders are sent in. After some digging I found some Americans ordering in the past had the same issues with timing as us. Waiting sucks balls but at least now I have a date so it's good.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1650 posts
256 upvotes
virulent wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:22 am
Yonge-Steeles.

Hilariously, for the first while with calling Ford Canada my order number was wrong - they could never find my order so I figured it just didn't show up yet. I was just giving the dealer & order code off the order sheet I was sent when my order was first filed. Then one week the cust care person was like "I remember you" and called the dealer for me - they were able to get the right order number in 5 minutes after calling them, which was surprising and impressive. It took me playing phone tag for a couple days with the receptionist just to get a "forgot to hit send" phone call from my salesperson. Disappointed But Relieved Face
I thought they were suppose to treat you like a MVC:

Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1229 posts
270 upvotes
Woodbridge
Was told Ontario batch is now being delivered (March order date) should be picking up any day now.
Mar 19, 2006
900 posts
265 upvotes
Johnny0c wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 12:56 pm
Was told Ontario batch is now being delivered (March order date) should be picking up any day now.
I got the same info. I guess they batched all of them to save on delivery costs. You folks in TO should see your vehicles before us in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
2819 posts
1102 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 12:54 pm
I thought they were suppose to treat you like a MVC:

You are the MVC until you sign the deal, then you're just some guy who's just browsing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6040 posts
923 upvotes
Mississauga
virulent wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 7:35 am
I tried this but my dealer is useless. I can't talk to a human, salesperson never answers phone or email and one time I did get through on phone it was "forgot to hit send on email". 2-3 courtesy emails later (every couple weeks) I still haven't got a single response. I would be more than happy with a prompt "no update yet" but not even that.. I emailed the manager listed on my lease paperwork yesterday so maybe I'll actually hear from a human this time. I live in Ottawa and the dealer is in Toronto - I can't just go in person unfortunately.

On the plus side, Ford Canada Cust service are fantastic even though my car is forever in "order processing". Without them I wouldn't be sane
Have you tried the sales manager? Have you tried the owner? If I couldn't get an answer from my salesman I would go up the chain of command until I got a response from a human.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6040 posts
923 upvotes
Mississauga
invinci wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:35 pm
When I ordered, I was told 8-12 weeks, my current lease is coming to an end in 3 weeks. Need to sort out things now.
They will extend the lease for as many months as you need.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1650 posts
256 upvotes
Johnny0c wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 12:56 pm
Ordered Mar 18, mine is still scheduled for Aug 14.. :/
Mar 2, 2011
156 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
antigua1999 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 4:07 pm
Have you tried the sales manager? Have you tried the owner? If I couldn't get an answer from my salesman I would go up the chain of command until I got a response from a human.
I emailed the desk manager listed on my lease Monday and got a response last night, which was nice
I know about the delay on these Focus electric vehicles
Originally when we ordered these cars we had about 4 months production time given to us and at the same time was mentioned by Ford about the allocation of the product has to come from USA
As the demand of this car went higher than expected after the announcement of the $14000.00 Govt. rebate Ford got lots of orders and that created the slow production as there are so many Focus Electric can be produced in certain time

I have checked the status of your car and still no production time and I wish I could give you better info

As far [redacted] not getting back to you I am not sure and I will talk to her regards to that

You are welcome to contact me if you cannot get through [redacted]
It sucks to have such a huge delay, I guess increasing production lines for a couple more days and delaying ICE Focus production a couple days isn't doable
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
anhtuan wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 3:53 pm
You are the MVC until you sign the deal, then you're just some guy who's just browsing.
What this hand gesture means? - We value customer based on xxx, and that's how much we found.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
346 upvotes
To be fair, it could be just that sales. I bought a car from them 4 years ago and the experience was pretty good.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
2819 posts
1102 upvotes
virulent wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 8:33 am
I emailed the desk manager listed on my lease Monday and got a response last night, which was nice

It sucks to have such a huge delay, I guess increasing production lines for a couple more days and delaying ICE Focus production a couple days isn't doable
The Focus EV is not built in the same plant as the ICE Focus.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1455 posts
263 upvotes
Ontario
anhtuan wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 11:42 am
The Focus EV is not built in the same plant as the ICE Focus.
It is built in the same plant in Michigan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)