• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 11:52 pm
Sep 25, 2015
342 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
neptune wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:32 pm
Why are you disappointed with Ford?? This is how long it takes to custom build the Focus EV based on most people's feedback with late March orders.
Probably because he didn't expect it to take 6 months when he placed the order. I have a similar feeling
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3247 posts
313 upvotes
invinci wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:26 pm
Called customer service and was told end of September. Ordered last week of March. No update on http://www.etis.ford.com. Very disappointed with Ford on this.
If you don't want to wait and are ok with any color and option, you can try to talk to the dealer that you are willing to take any car they can get at the earliest time. If they did order some earlier this year, you might get lucky.
Jan 18, 2012
630 posts
92 upvotes
neptune wrote:
Why are you disappointed with Ford?? This is how long it takes to custom build the Focus EV based on most people's feedback with late March orders.
When I ordered, I was told 8-12 weeks, my current lease is coming to an end in 3 weeks. Need to sort out things now.
Jun 12, 2007
21 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Called Ford to hear an update on mine.
June 7 build date.
New ETA is July 19-23. Originally June 26.
Dealership is Campbell Ford in Ottawa.
Apr 27, 2004
922 posts
95 upvotes
Milton
invinci wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:35 pm
When I ordered, I was told 8-12 weeks, my current lease is coming to an end in 3 weeks. Need to sort out things now.
8-12 weeks is the Ford build time for standard factory ordered cars. EVs are taking much longer. Unfortunately, the dealer body misinformed buyers and skewed our expectations.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
3635 posts
174 upvotes
invinci wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:26 pm
Called customer service and was told end of September. Ordered last week of March. No update on http://www.etis.ford.com. Very disappointed with Ford on this.
Mine moved up from Sep 10 to Sep 4, but still nothing on the etis site either
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 5:04 pm
Probably because he didn't expect it to take 6 months when he placed the order. I have a similar feeling
+1
Mar 2, 2011
93 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
LoveRFD wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 5:42 pm
If you don't want to wait and are ok with any color and option, you can try to talk to the dealer that you are willing to take any car they can get at the earliest time. If they did order some earlier this year, you might get lucky.
I tried this but my dealer is useless. I can't talk to a human, salesperson never answers phone or email and one time I did get through on phone it was "forgot to hit send on email". 2-3 courtesy emails later (every couple weeks) I still haven't got a single response. I would be more than happy with a prompt "no update yet" but not even that.. I emailed the manager listed on my lease paperwork yesterday so maybe I'll actually hear from a human this time. I live in Ottawa and the dealer is in Toronto - I can't just go in person unfortunately.

On the plus side, Ford Canada Cust service are fantastic even though my car is forever in "order processing". Without them I wouldn't be sane
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3247 posts
313 upvotes
virulent wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 7:35 am
I tried this but my dealer is useless. I can't talk to a human, salesperson never answers phone or email and one time I did get through on phone it was "forgot to hit send on email". 2-3 courtesy emails later (every couple weeks) I still haven't got a single response. I would be more than happy with a prompt "no update yet" but not even that.. I emailed the manager listed on my lease paperwork yesterday so maybe I'll actually hear from a human this time. I live in Ottawa and the dealer is in Toronto - I can't just go in person unfortunately.

On the plus side, Ford Canada Cust service are fantastic even though my car is forever in "order processing". Without them I wouldn't be sane
Which dealer is it? That's terrible customer service. My sales guy always respond every email I send to him.
Mar 2, 2011
93 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
LoveRFD wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:12 am
Which dealer is it? That's terrible customer service. My sales guy always respond every email I send to him.
Yonge-Steeles.

Hilariously, for the first while with calling Ford Canada my order number was wrong - they could never find my order so I figured it just didn't show up yet. I was just giving the dealer & order code off the order sheet I was sent when my order was first filed. Then one week the cust care person was like "I remember you" and called the dealer for me - they were able to get the right order number in 5 minutes after calling them, which was surprising and impressive. It took me playing phone tag for a couple days with the receptionist just to get a "forgot to hit send" phone call from my salesperson. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1326 posts
199 upvotes
Mississauga
virulent wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:22 am
Yonge-Steeles.

Hilariously, for the first while with calling Ford Canada my order number was wrong - they could never find my order so I figured it just didn't show up yet. I was just giving the dealer & order code off the order sheet I was sent when my order was first filed. Then one week the cust care person was like "I remember you" and called the dealer for me - they were able to get the right order number in 5 minutes after calling them, which was surprising and impressive. It took me playing phone tag for a couple days with the receptionist just to get a "forgot to hit send" phone call from my salesperson. Disappointed But Relieved Face
remind the sales guy that he'll be getting a “poor” rating on the Ford customer survey
Mar 19, 2006
852 posts
241 upvotes
neptune wrote:
I ordered in mid-march and the vehicle is in transit ETA July 24. I share the disappointment in Ford; not the time it took but the communication and the fact that orders were not filled first come first served.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1451 posts
261 upvotes
Ontario
aximrocks wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 9:12 am
remind the sales guy that he'll be getting a “poor” rating on the Ford customer survey
Yonge Steeles is one of the highest volume dealer for Ford so highly unlikely they will worry about a negative feedback.
Jan 18, 2012
630 posts
92 upvotes
shoppingkart wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 10:41 am
Yonge Steeles is one of the highest volume dealer for Ford so highly unlikely they will worry about a negative feedback.
I'm happy I didn't choose Yonge and Steels. My salesperson is pretty good at replying emails, but I don't bother them as it's no use, at this point, I'm like when the car is actually ready, let it show up.
Aug 16, 2006
356 posts
69 upvotes
I'm trying to get into a 3 year lease on this car. I don't mind the wait.

If anyone has cold feet, let me know... I'm willing to take it over for you.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2463 posts
708 upvotes
I'm dealing with the same terrible communication from Yonge and steeles ford. I regret choosing that dealership, but I'm hoping that since this is a 3 year lease I won't have to deal with them often.

Anyone find a solution for a month or 2 car rental that is affordable?
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Public Mobile $38/4gb
Koodo flaming hot 6s deal

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.