• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2024 5:40 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
QTheNukes wrote: Hey,

Was away on vacation, yeah - came from California - took 2 days to get to me strangely. I just sent the government in the receipt from Amazon Canada that says nothing about where it came from. People are saying they are months behind so unfortunately I cannot report on if it is covered or not. I assume it will be being as it was Amazon Canada though.
You should be fine with Amazon Canada. Obviously a Canadian retailer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
xrvr wrote: I know it's RFD, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
For example, screenshot from my Fleetcarma charging report.
As you can see, in the last 2 weeks, L1 charger loss came up to the whole 3.23 kWh, or whopping 0.20$.

8% loss on level 1, same for level 3. Any data on level 2? Don't think it's much different
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6236 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
xrvr wrote: I know it's RFD, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
For example, screenshot from my Fleetcarma charging report.
As you can see, in the last 2 weeks, L1 charger loss came up to the whole 3.23 kWh, or whopping 0.20$.
Its way way cheaper than gas but remember when working out the cost per kwh that some of the delivery charges etc can have a variable component which must be added to the kwh rate. From memory for our tariff structure this added another 40% to the cost rate. So actual kwh billed cost is higher than the posted off-peak, mid-peak and peak rates would suggest.
Oct 3, 2008
46 posts
6 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote: CSR from Ford Canada called me after I wrote an email about their terribly inaccurate ETA dates and how the purchasing of the FFE has not been a good one. Anyways, they told me the vehicle just left Michigan yesterday via convey (train) and is scheduled to arrive at my dealership by Sept 7-13.

Purchased Mar 18, build date Jul 24.
Which dealership? Mine was built on August 16th.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
UNDFTDss wrote: CSR from Ford Canada called me after I wrote an email about their terribly inaccurate ETA dates and how the purchasing of the FFE has not been a good one. Anyways, they told me the vehicle just left Michigan yesterday via convey (train) and is scheduled to arrive at my dealership by Sept 7-13.

Purchased Mar 18, build date Jul 24.
Sounds like mine is on the same convoy. Ford CSR gave me the same info this morning with the same dates. Ordered mine March 25
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
I finally have a build date of Aug 30th on Etis, was told Sept 22nd or something as an ETA by Ford CSR, not sure if that's still true, I'll give them a call in the morning and see if there's an update. Ordered last week of March.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
invinci wrote: I finally have a build date of Aug 30th on Etis, was told Sept 22nd or something as an ETA by Ford CSR, not sure if that's still true, I'll give them a call in the morning and see if there's an update. Ordered last week of March.
I would be shocked if you receive it by your eta.

The worst part about this is that without rfd, I wouldn't know about the delay. After I signed the papers I was never called by the dealership. Never once did someone say that the car that was supposed to arrive in 6-8 weeks would be 3-4 months late.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
My blend date is 08/17 but the car didn't get built till 08/28. CSR said ETA 09/12 but like I said before I've lost confidence in them, I'll only believe it when dealer calls me to pick it up.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
The delays some of you are having is ridiculous, hopefully all of you get it soon.

Very happy with mine although range anxiety is a tough cookie to knock, the chevy bolt might be a better option to those that need more range.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
seafish wrote: And I agree with dealisdead, it's an excellent commuter car.
After about 6 weeks of driving it I didn't need a L2 charger at home. My commute is 35 km each way and charging overnight is sufficient on L1 charger. This will probably change with the start of the school year and winter as I'll have to take kids here and there and a slightly dropped range.
Nanodollars wrote: I am in the same boat and I'm even considering not getting the L2 even with the rebate..... thoughts on this?
dealisdead wrote: For my use case, I don't need a home L2 charger as well, more so since there's two public L2 chargers a short distance from home.

But I'm going to install one anyways, for peace of mind and to take advantage of the rebate. If I was really penny pinching I wouldn't install one.
I don't need a L2 either as I have a 2 km commute only once every 8 days (assigned work vehicle) but I believe you need the L2 for the preheat/cool, and it would be worth it for that as well as the occasional longer distance trip on my off days
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1794 posts
631 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote: 8% loss on level 1, same for level 3. Any data on level 2? Don't think it's much different
Same for L2.

Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1794 posts
631 upvotes
Mississauga
RedStrikeCa wrote: Level 1 efficiency drops an additional 14 % when charging below 2kWh. Standard L1 charging is 120V x15A = 1.8 kWh

Source:
https://www.veic.org/docs/Transportatio ... Report.pdf
I don't use L1 charger, but I think the difference is negligible. Here is the charging summary for the last two months.
30 kWh Charger Loss / 376 kWh Total Charging = 7.9787%

Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
Just found this link on another Ford forum, not sure it will work for us but you can give it a try with you VIN number to see if you can tracking the shipping:

https://www.palsapp.com/
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
LoveRFD wrote: Just found this link on another Ford forum, not sure it will work for us but you can give it a try with you VIN number to see if you can tracking the shipping:

https://www.palsapp.com/
With my VIN, I have a freight Bill number and status as pending, what ever that means : /
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
invinci wrote: With my VIN, I have a freight Bill number and status as pending, what ever that means : /
Mine too, shows Pending. Build date isn't until Sept 7 so it's cool to see it can be tracked!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
joshmxpx wrote: I don't need a L2 either as I have a 2 km commute only once every 8 days (assigned work vehicle) but I believe you need the L2 for the preheat/cool, and it would be worth it for that as well as the occasional longer distance trip on my off days
Preheat/cool works on L1 charger as well.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

reddok