Automotive

The Ford Focus Electric Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2024 5:40 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote: I got the A118C from gear best. 1080p recording, I would highly recommend it for $40 CAD. It took about 2 months to deliver though.
Update. I ordered another one of these dash cams for my mother's car. I selected the same shipping. Ordered on Aug 31st, arrived on Sept 13. It came from UK just like the last time, not sure why it was so much faster (2 weeks vs 2 months). FYI
Sep 7, 2008
169 posts
30 upvotes
For those who have received their cars already, what kind of tinting/paint protection/undercoating did you go with?

Did you get it from the dealer or do you recommend someone in the GTA area?

How much did it cost?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote: I have the car!!!

Interestingly enough and I don't know how, once I had them remove the rebate my payments worked out to $600 taxes in which minus $14,000 over 36 months makes the payment $211 taxes in.

I highly suggest everyone applies for themselves.

Now for the bad news. They said that if your car wasn't on this delivery you will likely be waiting another month.
So they only make one shipment every month? :rolleyes:

I finally got an explanation from my dealer why my car got delayed. My car was on the railcar on August 30th and for some bizzare reason the car was out of electricity and they had to sent the car back to Ford plant to get recharged. Since it missed the shipment and now is awaiting for shipment again.

I know it sounds like horse shit but I feel like it might be true. The reason I say so is when I asked my sales for an update on Sept 2nd, the status was showing "awaiting shipment, received by Leadec industrial services", and it had a ETA between Sept. 6th and 12th. But when I asked update again on Sept 7th, the status got changed to "Aawaiting shipment, Re-Released" and ETA became TBD.

I guess I've had enough complaints and rants about all this BS and now I'll just patiently wait for the car to arrive, no matter how long it takes......
Nov 1, 2005
447 posts
19 upvotes
That's the same excuse i got as well, from Discovery in Burlington.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
The fact that it was received by Leadec and then Re-Released just tells you something went wrong and the car got returned back to the plant.

If they only ship once at the end of each month, then I think we're looking at middle of October to get our cars provided nothing goes wrong again.
Apr 19, 2009
26 posts
17 upvotes
Ven0r wrote: That's the same excuse i got as well, from Discovery in Burlington.
What day did you order yours on?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
LoveRFD wrote: So they only make one shipment every month? :rolleyes:

I finally got an explanation from my dealer why my car got delayed. My car was on the railcar on August 30th and for some bizzare reason the car was out of electricity and they had to sent the car back to Ford plant to get recharged. Since it missed the shipment and now is awaiting for shipment again.

I know it sounds like horse shit but I feel like it might be true. The reason I say so is when I asked my sales for an update on Sept 2nd, the status was showing "awaiting shipment, received by Leadec industrial services", and it had a ETA between Sept. 6th and 12th. But when I asked update again on Sept 7th, the status got changed to "Aawaiting shipment, Re-Released" and ETA became TBD.

I guess I've had enough complaints and rants about all this BS and now I'll just patiently wait for the car to arrive, no matter how long it takes......
Ven0r wrote: That's the same excuse i got as well, from Discovery in Burlington.
Ven0r wrote: March 25th, built Aug 14th
So I just got the same story from my dealer today as well - ETA is now TBD.
My order date is also March 25 and build date in Aug too.
The general manager says he's going to ask his Ford rep on Monday when he visits the dealer.
Last edited by neptune on Sep 15th, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1764 posts
1015 upvotes
navdeepnippy wrote: For those who have received their cars already, what kind of tinting/paint protection/undercoating did you go with?

Did you get it from the dealer or do you recommend someone in the GTA area?

How much did it cost?

I went to Ziebarts and got the whole package - $260ish for tints - he doesn't do ceramics, says over hyped, $260 for 3m half hood and other areas, $500 for lifetime undercoating with yearly inspections, free scotch guard and diamond paint protector. Total was about $1200 after tax. You take it back each year and they reapply the undercoating/regrease the areas that are exposed (hinges, trunk stuff, doors), and if you want the diamond paint coating warranty you have to pay $150 each year for a reapply and you get a full car detailing as part of that. Sounds like a lot, most of it is upfront though, and I will probably keep it going. I am too lazy to wax my car myself....
Cool Beans
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
neptune wrote: So I just got the same story from my dealer today as well - ETA is not TBD.
My order date is also March 25 and build date in Aug too.
The general manager says he's going to ask his Ford rep on Monday when he visits the dealer.
So we are the unlucky ones. What is your ETA if not TBD?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
Hello, I have the worst luck. Drove to work, got my car fully charged at Eglinton Square. Drove off and my car kept stalling. I'm talking about 15-20 times... I could drive for maybe 5 seconds then the green light on my dash will turn off on its own and the car became powerless. I managed to crawl my way to Donway Ford but they can't diagnosis the issue today so I called roadside assistance to bring it to East Court Ford. Just FYI... There is definitely something wrong with my car.
Jun 12, 2007
41 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
UNDFTDss wrote: Hello, I have the worst luck. Drove to work, got my car fully charged at Eglinton Square. Drove off and my car kept stalling. I'm talking about 15-20 times... I could drive for maybe 5 seconds then the green light on my dash will turn off on its own and the car became powerless. I managed to crawl my way to Donway Ford but they can't diagnosis the issue today so I called roadside assistance to bring it to East Court Ford. Just FYI... There is definitely something wrong with my car.
Might be as simple as transmission position sensor problem.
Hope that's it.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
3088 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered on March 16. My dealer said I should be able to pick it up on Sept 21.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote: Hello, I have the worst luck. Drove to work, got my car fully charged at Eglinton Square. Drove off and my car kept stalling. I'm talking about 15-20 times... I could drive for maybe 5 seconds then the green light on my dash will turn off on its own and the car became powerless. I managed to crawl my way to Donway Ford but they can't diagnosis the issue today so I called roadside assistance to bring it to East Court Ford. Just FYI... There is definitely something wrong with my car.
No warning light? what's the battery percentage? From what you said it feels like the battery wasn't providing power or some sort? loose connection?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
LoveRFD wrote: No warning light? what's the battery percentage?
No warning light. 100%. Fully charged.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
Musiq Soulchild wrote: Ordered on March 16. My dealer said I should be able to pick it up on Sept 21.
If you do get it on time it'll prove the information that dgrn8 got from dealer is wrong.
Jun 12, 2016
715 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
UNDFTDss wrote: No warning light. 100%. Fully charged.
Any unusual data found on the Ford App???
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3257 posts
4517 upvotes
Toronto
It does exist!
2017 FFE in Norway, with all black interior.
Also check out cool door protectors :)

Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
LoveRFD wrote: So we are the unlucky ones. What is your ETA if not TBD?
Ah sorry, I meant to write ETA is NOW tbd :)
Aug 7, 2017
73 posts
38 upvotes
That video/guy is hilarious! Thanks for sharing! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)