Automotive

2017 Ford Focus Electric (base) $20,536 ON - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 12:18 am
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2542 posts
746 upvotes
Just got the call!!! Picking up Thursday night.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Public Mobile $38/4gb
Koodo flaming hot 6s deal

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2542 posts
746 upvotes
reddok wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:53 pm
I don't have either of those. Dealership never gave them to me. As far as I know, they could have just taken my deposit and never placed the order.
You need to go to the media. Your story is ridiculous.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Public Mobile $38/4gb

Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1058 posts
719 upvotes
Ottawa
reddok wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:53 pm
I don't have either of those. Dealership never gave them to me. As far as I know, they could have just taken my deposit and never placed the order.
I don't think you can blame Ford on this. This is a straight dealership **** up. They probably took your deposit, but then got told by Ford HQ that they can not take more orders. They didn't want to lose your money, hoping that someone might cancel their order and then they could squeeze you in. They should have told you right away, return the deposit and put you on a waiting list.
It would be good if somehow you could make them 'pay' for it (in reputation and future business). Go to the media, social networks etc. if you're up to it. Make them know it's not OK.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 12th, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: reported/bypassing swear filter
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:01 pm
Just got the call!!! Picking up Thursday night.
Congrats! And I'll be continuously impatiently waiting for mine and hoping for by the end of this month.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2542 posts
746 upvotes
LoveRFD wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:32 pm
Congrats! And I'll be continuously impatiently waiting for mine and hoping for by the end of this month.
Aren't we in the same shipment? Call your dealer.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Public Mobile $38/4gb

Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:35 pm
Aren't we in the same shipment? Call your dealer.
My status is still "awaiting for shipment" :(
Jan 8, 2009
581 posts
88 upvotes
Ontario
reddok wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:31 am
Well, after 4-1/2 months of waiting, I finally emailed my dealership again and was told they were cancelling my order as I didn't get in the 2017 allocation. How in the hell it takes them 4-1/2 months to figure this out is beyond me. Now I'm stuck with no vehicle, and the full bill for my EVSE station as I don't have a VIN to claim the rebate. The dealership experience was awful, communication was awful and of course the dealership blames it all on Ford. Sorry Ford, you've lost a customer for life - and I now instead of telling people how great this car is that I would have bought, I'll be telling people to stay far away from Ford and it's dealerships.
Seems to be totally a dealership problem as Ford announced a stop for 2017 orders on May 12th. Your order should have been submitted before then and your dealership had a duty of care to do that. They messed up and did not order promptly then either forgot about you or more likely waited to see if they could somehow get their hands on another car as they know they are liable for any losses you have incurred through their negligence. They entered into a contract with you to provide a specific vehicle and are legally on the hook to pay you the difference between your contract price and the extra you will have to spend to get an equivalent vehicle elsewhere. The length of time they have kept you in the dark is unbelievable and so embarrassing for them and their lawyers that I am sure they will wish to settle out of court. They will either have to go cap in hand for help from Ford who could call other dealers due to receive vehicles the same specification as yours and offer customers a bounty to surrender their order or alternatively they can settle with you and compensate you for your loss and inconvenience, I would invest in a lawyers letter setting out your position.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1058 posts
719 upvotes
Ottawa
If anyone is still looking for a 2017 FFE, this White Platinum with leather is still available for pickup in Montreal.
I just got an email because I was emailing them in July and they asked if I'm still interested in FFE and if I can test drive it before Friday.
Aug 21, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
Selkirk
I ordered April 24 and was told by the dealership that I have a serial number and they expect to see the car by the end of the month but I will believe it when I see it.
Sep 7, 2008
131 posts
18 upvotes
seafish wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:55 am
Here is my breakdown for base FFE from QC dealership that I bought in July:
Options that are included in the base price of $34232 are only charging case (useless, but it was ordered by dealer already), tinted windows (about $200) and dealer admin fee ($400)
They probably also added it into your price (should ask).
Also ask about employee discount, It should be about 2500-2600 for leather with extra color.
Why didn't you pick it up yourself? Kinda waste of more than $1k. With proper planning, there shouldn't be a problem of driving it on 401 with a couple of fast charging stops.
Thanks for your response.

I think in this case, price I am getting is little more than yours.

Your price before taxes is 30907 minus 685 for the cord, tinting and dealer fees = 30222

My price before taxes is 33107.89 - 2350 for colour, leather seats and shipping = 30757.89

Did you already drive your car from quebec to here? How long did it take, to make it in one day, I would assume you need to find level 3 chargers.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1058 posts
719 upvotes
Ottawa
navdeepnippy wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:27 pm
Thanks for your response.

I think in this case, price I am getting is little more than yours.

Your price before taxes is 30907 minus 685 for the cord, tinting and dealer fees = 30222

My price before taxes is 33107.89 - 2350 for colour, leather seats and shipping = 30757.89

Did you already drive your car from quebec to here? How long did it take, to make it in one day, I would assume you need to find level 3 chargers.
You can plan your trip on plugshare.com, Plenty of Level 3 chargers on 401.
I picked my car at Gatineau dealership and I live in Kanata, so no problem there for me.
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
Konowl wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:59 am
The potential risk was there for the last 20 years when I drove a stick shift too. To me, regen seems to slow down about the same as my old stick shift did. It's sad that we have to talk about brake lights turning on automatically because the car slows down; if people didn't tailgate all the time and actually drove this wouldn't be an issue.
I had drove stick shift too, L regen brake MUCH HARDER than stick shift, well depends on which gear you switch to. unless you switch 5 to 2, aka engine brake, I don't think it get remotely close to what L regen get. And also what type of vehicle matters.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2321 posts
786 upvotes
Ottawa
modelerIII wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:03 pm
I had drove stick shift too, L regen brake MUCH HARDER than stick shift, well depends on which gear you switch to. unless you switch 5 to 2, aka engine brake, I don't think it get remotely close to what L regen get. And also what type of vehicle matters.
So it brakes MUCH harder and then you say except this and that LOL.
I can probably get my stick shift to brake faster than the Focus fairly easily.,
Jun 13, 2017
30 posts
6 upvotes
LoveRFD wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:32 pm
My car was built on the 16th of August, I think yours was around that time. I've been contacting my sales guy who has been super helpful and is just as frustrated as I am it seems.

My concern is that it has been almost a month now since the car has been built. I am 350km away. Why isn't the car here? Why is the car, which I have put down $1,000 of my own money towards, sitting in a yard while I am racking up miles on my other cars?

He told me that I'm the last guy getting an FFE in Ontario, and that there is another car, along with mine sitting in the yard at the plant waiting to be shipped. What he then proceeded to tell me, and the total horse shit problem here, is that it's up to the truck driver to determine whether or not they want to pick up the car and bring it to Ontario. And you guessed it, Focuses don't pay as much as other cars.

I was hoping to call Ford "Canada" Customer service but they are in the US as someone has indicated.

So we don't have our cars because some truck drivers are lazy, basically.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)