• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 12:18 am
Apr 19, 2009
19 posts
16 upvotes
Hamilton
AnDude wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:29 pm
I think that reddok should first try Facebook and then contact a lawyer if he doesn't get results.
Have you checked Ford of Canada's Facebook page? Smiling Face With Sunglasses Already done. No response.
Sep 30, 2007
328 posts
137 upvotes
Konowl wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:48 pm
This doesn't really change the conversation at hand or my stance, however you're right. From the manual:

L (Low) • Provides maximum motor braking. • Is not intended for use under extended or normal driving conditions and results in less miles per charge.
I'm not sure in which part of the manual you found this info.
From my 2017 FFE manual:

Sep 30, 2007
328 posts
137 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:15 pm
Everyone, I just had a unexpected incident with my FFE during my commute home, similar to what anotjwr RFDer had previously. I was on a city road (Warden Ave), driving in L, went up to 60km/h and then I couldn't go any higher,
Sorry to hear about your trouble.
I'm at 8200 km since April, and had no problems so far.
Jan 8, 2009
581 posts
88 upvotes
Ontario
xrvr wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:44 pm
I'm not sure in which part of the manual you found this info.
From my 2017 FFE manual:

When I read your quote I see nothing that contradicts Konowl's quote from the manual. I read the first section of general text to be talking about normal driving in "D". In "D" lifting off the accelerator will start regenerative braking as can be seen displayed on the left screen even without pressing the brake pedal. That's why it says "when the accelerator pedal is released or the brake pedal is applied" . It also says "L" is to be used for maximum braking effect such as going down a STEEP HILL.
May 3, 2008
930 posts
290 upvotes
Perth
reddok wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:31 am
Well, after 4-1/2 months of waiting, I finally emailed my dealership again and was told they were cancelling my order as I didn't get in the 2017 allocation. How in the hell it takes them 4-1/2 months to figure this out is beyond me. Now I'm stuck with no vehicle, and the full bill for my EVSE station as I don't have a VIN to claim the rebate. The dealership experience was awful, communication was awful and of course the dealership blames it all on Ford. Sorry Ford, you've lost a customer for life - and I now instead of telling people how great this car is that I would have bought, I'll be telling people to stay far away from Ford and it's dealerships.
That's shitty that your order was cancelled, but why would you order your EVSE before receiving the car... there has been numerous comments against doing such a thing with a limited time to apply for rebate.
Aug 7, 2017
68 posts
30 upvotes
reddok wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:36 pm
Have you checked Ford of Canada's Facebook page? Smiling Face With Sunglasses Already done. No response.
They should respond during business hours; unless, they're located in Florida. I'm not sure how much it will help, but it looks like Ford is still selling FFE's in the US, so maybe they can allocate a US car for you. Long shot I know, but I'm trying to think positive.
Jan 8, 2009
581 posts
88 upvotes
Ontario
UNDFTDss wrote:
Everyone, I just had a unexpected incident with my FFE during my commute home, similar to what anotjwr RFDer had previously. I was on a city road (Warden Ave), driving in L, went up to 60km/h and then I couldn't go any higher, I tried stepping further down on gas but it didn't do anything. There was a red light, so I slowed down and stopped. When it was green, I couldn't move. I turned on my hazard lights, turned off my car, turned it back on, nothing. Turned it off, turned it back on and then I could drive again. Got honked at, longest 30 seconds of my life. Luckily, I didn't have to call roadside assistance and get towed... I called the dealership right away, gonna take it in for a look next week. Didn't have any other issues since this happened at around 4:30pm. Scary though...
The following scenario may or may not have something to do with what happened. I tried a bit of hypermiling for a while which involved moving between L, N and D trying to maximize regen and mileage. I do not do this now. So I would coast in N when I saw a red light up ahead and then select L to slow running up to the light. I would then move the selector to D ready to move off. A few times I got the selector in the wrong place and it was in N rather than D. I think this is because I moved one stop forward from L to N rather than from N to D. In an ICE car when you try to move away in neutral the engine revs freely and you know you are in N. In a BEV literally nothing happens - it seems dead. Switching on and off makes no difference until the transmission selector is moved. This is one of the reasons I only drive around in D now and leave it there all the time until I park up. Just a scenario that may explain what happened, especially as the car was good to go after 30 secs.
Sep 25, 2015
502 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sneaky wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:22 pm
That's shitty that your order was cancelled, but why would you order your EVSE before receiving the car... there has been numerous comments against doing such a thing with a limited time to apply for rebate.
It's pretty common. Actually, I did the same thing. Ordered EVSE in May, installed in June and expecting FFE yesterday. I called Ministry of Finance and told them the situation. They said they received all my paperwork and everything looks good. They have to wait for the dealer to submit the EV rebate application.
Mar 16, 2007
583 posts
43 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
UNDFTDss wrote:
Everyone, I just had a unexpected incident with my FFE during my commute home, similar to what anotjwr RFDer had previously. I was on a city road (Warden Ave), driving in L, went up to 60km/h and then I couldn't go any higher, I tried stepping further down on gas but it didn't do anything. There was a red light, so I slowed down and stopped. When it was green, I couldn't move. I turned on my hazard lights, turned off my car, turned it back on, nothing. Turned it off, turned it back on and then I could drive again. Got honked at, longest 30 seconds of my life. Luckily, I didn't have to call roadside assistance and get towed... I called the dealership right away, gonna take it in for a look next week. Didn't have any other issues since this happened at around 4:30pm. Scary though...
dgnr8 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:48 pm
So, we all waited a long time for cars that may be defective? What are the chances of 2 people on this thread having the same issue?
+1. Pretty scary situation. Prone to accident. I hope ford dealership finds out the problem. Keep us posted.
Sep 30, 2007
328 posts
137 upvotes
xcel wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:47 pm
+1. Pretty scary situation. Prone to accident. I hope ford dealership finds out the problem. Keep us posted.
LOL. There's nothing wrong with these cars. Read his explanation:
I tried a bit of hypermiling for a while which involved moving between L, N and D trying to maximize regen and mileage. I do not do this now.
FFE does not have your father's Buick 3 speed transmission.
These cars are pretty smart and learn from your driving style, trying to adapt to it.
Obviously, constant movement of gear lever got it confused.
Mar 16, 2007
583 posts
43 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
xrvr wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:56 pm
LOL. There's nothing wrong with these cars. Read his explanation:

I tried a bit of hypermiling for a while which involved moving between L, N and D trying to maximize regen and mileage. I do not do this now.

FFE does not have your father's Buick 3 speed transmission.
These cars are pretty smart and learn from your driving style, trying to adapt to it.
Obviously, constant movement of gear lever got it confused.
Martin (deal addict) tried hypermiling but he didn't faced this problem.

UNDFTDss faced this problem today but didn't mentioned any thing about hypermiling.
Jan 8, 2009
581 posts
88 upvotes
Ontario
xcel wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:13 pm
Martin (deal addict) tried hypermiling but he didn't faced this problem.

UNDFTDss faced this problem today but didn't mentioned any thing about hypermiling.
In a very polite and round about way I was trying to say the car was in neutral instead of drive which is a state that would have produced these symptoms. This has happened to me which is why I am able to explain the scenario. Don't need to be hypermiling to put it into neutral by mistake.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1630 posts
252 upvotes
I wasn't hypermilling. I was driving in L the entire time. I reviewed my dash cam footage, I remember now that at 60kmh, it wasn't slowing down when I took my foot off the pedal, that is why for an instance, I thought I was in cruise control. Once my car got to a entire stop from braking, I couldn't "gas", it was like the car stalled.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 6:29 am
I wasn't hypermilling. I was driving in L the entire time. I reviewed my dash cam footage, I remember now that at 60kmh, it wasn't slowing down when I took my foot off the pedal, that is why for an instance, I thought I was in cruise control. Once my car got to a entire stop from braking, I couldn't "gas", it was like the car stalled.
Were there any warning lights when it happened?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1094 posts
177 upvotes
LoveRFD wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 6:50 am
Were there any warning lights when it happened?
Maybe the car had turned off? Did you lose power steering as well?