• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2017 8:56 am
Jan 14, 2017
140 posts
49 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:40 am
Not that I remembered.

It didn't turn off. Everything was still on, I remember the green drive icon was still on too. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. I really do like this car a lot but I'm a little spooked by the incident. If anyone is interested in watching the 1.5 min Dashcam footage: Click Here.
This isn't reassuring in the least. Hopefully Ford can figure what went wrong. Please keep us posted!
Sep 25, 2015
356 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:40 am
Not that I remembered.

It didn't turn off. Everything was still on, I remember the green drive icon was still on too. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. I really do like this car a lot but I'm a little spooked by the incident. If anyone is interested in watching the 1.5 min Dashcam footage: Click Here.
Scary...
Which brand of dash cam do you use? I like the quality of yours. I want to install one in case this happens to me also
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1062 posts
158 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:30 pm
Scary...
Which brand of dash cam do you use? I like the quality of yours. I want to install one in case this happens to me also
Kind of like it was still in neutral, what did you do to get it going again?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1607 posts
236 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:53 am
I watched the dashcam and though it doesn't help identify what happened conclusively I can hear what sounds like the transmission lever being used just before the vehicle moves off. On second viewing I also noticed what sounds like the transmission lever being moved at the 12 second mark which I suspect was into neutral. I also do not hear the distinctive sound of regenerative braking as the car brakes to a halt after that point which again points to the car being in neutral. Sounds like an honest mistake to me that is not the fault of the car.
Thanks for your input but I'm telling you I didn't put the car into neutral. At the 12 second mark, I shifted from L to D because the car was already being weird. I couldn't speed up when I stepped on the pedal, so I thought shifting it from L to D would fix it. Anyways, I drove about 50km today and I didn't have any issues. I hope it is a one off incident.
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:30 pm
Scary...
I got the A118C from gear best. 1080p recording, I would highly recommend it for $40 CAD. It took about 2 months to deliver though.
QTheNukes wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:27 pm
Kind of like it was still in neutral, what did you do to get it going again?
I turned off the car, turned it on again, shift it to L and I drove off. I'm going to drive in D now instead of L, I compared my kWh usage and regenerative stats and they are marginal imo.
Jan 8, 2009
519 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 5:41 pm
Thanks for your input but I'm telling you I didn't put the car into neutral. At the 12 second mark, I shifted from L to D because the car was already being weird. I couldn't speed up when I stepped on the pedal, so I thought shifting it from L to D would fix it. Anyways, I drove about 50km today and I didn't have any issues. I hope it is a one off incident.
I am trying to help you because the best case scenario for you is that there is nothing wrong with your car. When you say it was acting wierd in L could it possibly because it was actually in D and so was not acting as you were expecting. Then when you shifted from L to D maybe you were actually shifting from D to N. I am fairly sure this is what happened and it would have been very easy to do. I tried a few things when I was driving this evening and one thing I noticed is the green ready to drive light is on in N which is one of the things you mentioned. I agree it is a good idea to drive in D and not move the shifter on the go. If you drive in D I am confident you won't have a repeat of this problem.
Jun 12, 2016
215 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:15 pm
Everyone, I just had a unexpected incident with my FFE during my commute home, similar to what anotjwr RFDer had previously. I was on a city road (Warden Ave), driving in L, went up to 60km/h and then I couldn't go any higher, I tried stepping further down on gas but it didn't do anything. There was a red light, so I slowed down and stopped. When it was green, I couldn't move. I turned on my hazard lights, turned off my car, turned it back on, nothing. Turned it off, turned it back on and then I could drive again. Got honked at, longest 30 seconds of my life. Luckily, I didn't have to call roadside assistance and get towed... I called the dealership right away, gonna take it in for a look next week. Didn't have any other issues since this happened at around 4:30pm. Scary though...
Sorry to hear that you had an incident with your FFE. From what you are describing, your experience is much different than what I encountered. In my case, the yellow wrench sign came up on the dashboard and the car became totally powerless in the middle of driving. Although I did predominately drive in L, driving in D did not prove to be any different. Let's hope what you experience is just a one time hiccup with the car and hopefully won't happen again. One piece of advise is to monitor any activity of your FFE on the Ford App. In my case, there was a warning light on indicator consistent with the yellow wrench (see manual) icon appearing.
Images
  • warning light on.jpg
  • See Manual Indicator.jpg
Aug 3, 2008
854 posts
585 upvotes
Ottawa
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 5:29 pm
For individuals with their FFE already, how come I don't see my "charge" data in "Trip & Charge Log" on the MyFord App? I see all the data for all my trips but "charge" data isn't showing up.
Once I installed Level 2 charger I get similar problems. Out of 3 charges I only see 1 and it's not correct (shows less time than it actually charged for). Before I also noticed that charging time was not reported correctly.
Probably it doesn't report charging start or end time at the time the charge actually started/ended, but does at some intervals. And since charging takes much less time on L2 (2 hours vs before it took a whole night to charge) it just doesn't have enough time to send info to the server. Definitely a bug in the system.
Did you also set up Value type charging at home (or default)?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3264 posts
315 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 5:41 pm

I got the A118C from gear best. 1080p recording, I would highly recommend it for $40 CAD. It took about 2 months to deliver though.

I turned off the car, turned it on again, shift it to L and I drove off. I'm going to drive in D now instead of L, I compared my kWh usage and regenerative stats and they are marginal imo.
It's probably worth getting an OBDlink MX and use forscan to see if there are any error codes in the car.
Sep 25, 2015
356 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LoveRFD wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:37 am
It's probably worth getting an OBDlink MX and use forscan to see if there are any error codes in the car.
Any suggestions on where to buy OBDlink MX and forscan software?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3264 posts
315 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:41 am
Any suggestions on where to buy OBDlink MX and forscan software?
I don't have the setup so not sure. But I think forscan is free.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3264 posts
315 upvotes
I made a complaint on my dealer's Facebook and no response, guess they don't care.
Sep 25, 2015
356 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LoveRFD wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:44 am
I made a complaint on my dealer's Facebook and no response, guess they don't care.
Call Ford Canada. It was effective for me and helped me get a status update/rental.
Sep 7, 2008
117 posts
14 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:48 pm
So, we all waited a long time for cars that may be defective? What are the chances of 2 people on this thread having the same issue?

Also, has anyone pulled insurance quotes lately for the car? Working on it tonight and I am consistently getting $160, higher than months ago.
I know insurance quotes are individual specific, but my quote went down around 20 per month from about 2 months ago.

Am with co-operators and have house and other vehicles with them, also getting company discount. My yearly insurance for focus is 1527, which is around 127 per month.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3264 posts
315 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:50 am
Call Ford Canada. It was effective for me and helped me get a status update/rental.
Thanks, I will give them a call and file a formal complaint. How did you get them to help you with rental car? Just ask them to contact your dealer?
Sep 25, 2015
356 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
navdeepnippy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:51 am
I know insurance quotes are individual specific, but my quote went down around 20 per month from about 2 months ago.

Am with co-operators and have house and other vehicles with them, also getting company discount. My yearly insurance for focus is 1527, which is around 127 per month.
My quote was around $1000 for FFE, 3 cars insured for ~$2600 with TD meloche monnex

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

guessguy, LoveRFD, Ferny111