• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 11:59 am
Apr 11, 2017
29 posts
13 upvotes
London, ON
seafish wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 12:58 pm
Just call your dealership/salesman and tell them to charge it before you pick it up...
Already done. But it's Younge and Steeles after all.

As for chargers plugshare is my friend, and ikea's all mapped out. There are a couple "reasonably" priced L3's on the way too JIC.
Jan 18, 2012
668 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
LoveRFD wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 4:59 pm
Really? Can you take a picture of it for me? Thanks
Sorry for the delay, here you go.

Aug 7, 2017
61 posts
21 upvotes
So if the cloth model doesn't have the middle cup holder thing, is there a place to put a drink in the door?
Sep 25, 2015
432 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just picked up this tire rack to hold my Michelin tires. I'm only storing tires now (no rims). It can support 300lbs so should be ok for the future when I store my winter tires +stock FFE rims. I'll probably put them on a scale just to make sure. I'm guessing 50 lbs combined for tire and rim.
https://www.lowes.ca/shelving-units/hyl ... 40626.html
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3363 posts
330 upvotes
AnDude wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 9:41 pm
So if the cloth model doesn't have the middle cup holder thing, is there a place to put a drink in the door?
There is. But it's not really reachable for little kids.
Sep 7, 2008
130 posts
18 upvotes
How far the car can go on highway at 115 per hour speed?

I bought the vehicle at a montreal dealership and trying to decide if I should have it delivered to my house for 900 or go there and pick it up myself.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2503 posts
726 upvotes
navdeepnippy wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:38 am

I bought the vehicle at a montreal dealership and trying to decide if I should have it delivered to my house for 900 or go there and pick it up myself.
With no AC, I would say about 170km.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Public Mobile $38/4gb
Koodo flaming hot 6s deal

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Oct 23, 2013
117 posts
60 upvotes
navdeepnippy wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:38 am

I'm going to Montreal to pick it up myself. The dealer was adamant that, by law, I had to show up in person to sign the papers; so, even if I had it delivered, I'd still have to go. I don't know if that's true or not.
Sep 7, 2008
130 posts
18 upvotes
Nyaxite wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:50 am
I'm going to Montreal to pick it up myself. The dealer was adamant that, by law, I had to show up in person to sign the papers; so, even if I had it delivered, I'd still have to go. I don't know if that's true or not.
I bought mine from Fortier Ford and dealer has no issue delivering the car to me without me physically being there to sign papers.

When is your car going to be ready?

Mine will be next Monday/Tuesday. Although if I decide to go pick it up, then I will ask them to get it ready on Sunday.
Oct 23, 2013
117 posts
60 upvotes
navdeepnippy wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 11:00 am
I bought mine from Fortier Ford and dealer has no issue delivering the car to me without me physically being there to sign papers.

When is your car going to be ready?

Mine will be next Monday/Tuesday. Although if I decide to go pick it up, then I will ask them to get it ready on Sunday.
I bought mine from Circuit Ford. It's at the dealer now but I'm making the trip on the weekend. My dealer quoted me $500 to transport it which is easily worth it for me if I don't have to go there, as it's a 7 hour drive each way (not including charging stations). Curious as to why they won't let me digitally sign the papers... It would save me a ton of hassle.
Sep 7, 2008
130 posts
18 upvotes
Nyaxite wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 11:14 am
I bought mine from Circuit Ford. It's at the dealer now but I'm making the trip on the weekend. My dealer quoted me $500 to transport it which is easily worth it for me if I don't have to go there, as it's a 7 hour drive each way (not including charging stations). Curious as to why they won't let me digitally sign the papers... It would save me a ton of hassle.
I just talked to someone at abrams auto transport and they will deliver the car form montreal to toronto for 250+tax.

Saved me 600 dollars as compared to dealership shipping costs.
Apr 19, 2009
19 posts
16 upvotes
Hamilton
So after being told we weren't getting our car, I went in to the dealership to get my deposit back and they had a customer who decided they didn't want theirs. So we ended up getting one after all. Different colour and no leather (Didn't realize at the time that meant no power seat either - and no rear seat cup-holder as we are all finding out). Picked it up on Thursday and decided to drive it up to the cottage for Thanksgiving to see what it would be like on a longer distance trip (we bought it for a commuter car for the wife to drive 35km each way to work).

Turns out the car is a pretty excellent little road-tripper! Just enough storage in the back for bags for a family of 4 for the weekend. Stopped off at an Ikea for a charge after an hour of driving. Ikea chargers are amazing. 400v L3 putting in 125a. It was charged to 100% before we even finished eating our meatballs. Stopped for another quick charge another hour later and found that not all fast DC chargers are created equal. This one was at a Scotiabank and appeared to be limited to 50a. But after 25min, we had enough charge to finish our drive. Charged at the cottage on 120v while we were up there and repeated the process on the way home. Drove 650kms in total and probably paid less than $5 in electricity!

Was driving alongside a Model S on the way home - managed to keep up with him as he was punching it away from stoplights - he probably wasn't punching it - but then again neither was I. Just nice quick accelerations. Quite fun. Kept pace with him on the highway for about 20km at 130km/h and then he slowed down to take a good look at the Focus and then took off again. Car cruises nicely but eats up battery quickly above 80km/h and really quickly at 130km/h. Can't complain about this little car at all - especially at 1/4 the cost of a Tesla. I'd buy a second one for myself if they were easily available to get me through until I can get my Model 3 next year. I'll probably borrow it from my wife when I can rather than drive my gas car - the instant torque and quietness is addictive. Same with trying to get 100% regen on stops.

Too bad it doesn't have an auto-dimming mirror. Wonder if there is something else in the Ford line-up that has one that would be a bolt on (minus the 3 wires or so to splice in)?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3363 posts
330 upvotes
reddok wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 12:18 pm
So after being told we weren't getting our car, I went in to the dealership to get my deposit back and they had a customer who decided they didn't want theirs. So we ended up getting one after all. Different colour and no leather (Didn't realize at the time that meant no power seat either - and no rear seat cup-holder as we are all finding out). Picked it up on Thursday and decided to drive it up to the cottage for Thanksgiving to see what it would be like on a longer distance trip (we bought it for a commuter car for the wife to drive 35km each way to work).

Turns out the car is a pretty excellent little road-tripper! Just enough storage in the back for bags for a family of 4 for the weekend. Stopped off at an Ikea for a charge after an hour of driving. Ikea chargers are amazing. 400v L3 putting in 125a. It was charged to 100% before we even finished eating our meatballs. Stopped for another quick charge another hour later and found that not all fast DC chargers are created equal. This one was at a Scotiabank and appeared to be limited to 50a. But after 25min, we had enough charge to finish our drive. Charged at the cottage on 120v while we were up there and repeated the process on the way home. Drove 650kms in total and probably paid less than $5 in electricity!

Was driving alongside a Model S on the way home - managed to keep up with him as he was punching it away from stoplights - he probably wasn't punching it - but then again neither was I. Just nice quick accelerations. Quite fun. Kept pace with him on the highway for about 20km at 130km/h and then he slowed down to take a good look at the Focus and then took off again. Car cruises nicely but eats up battery quickly above 80km/h and really quickly at 130km/h. Can't complain about this little car at all - especially at 1/4 the cost of a Tesla. I'd buy a second one for myself if they were easily available to get me through until I can get my Model 3 next year. I'll probably borrow it from my wife when I can rather than drive my gas car - the instant torque and quietness is addictive. Same with trying to get 100% regen on stops.

Too bad it doesn't have an auto-dimming mirror. Wonder if there is something else in the Ford line-up that has one that would be a bolt on (minus the 3 wires or so to splice in)?
congrats, you got lucky! As for the auto-dimming mirror, it's just a mirror sticking onto the windshield so I think you can get one from Ford or aftermarket one and replace the current one, just need to figure out the wiring or you can get a shop to install it.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3363 posts
330 upvotes
Have any of you guys noticed some trips not getting recorded in MFM? For me so far there are 2 trips and 1charge that are not in there.
Aug 3, 2008
962 posts
649 upvotes
Ottawa
LoveRFD wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 1:47 pm
Have any of you guys noticed some trips not getting recorded in MFM? For me so far there are 2 trips and 1charge that are not in there.
Trips are OK for me. It practically stopped logging charges after I installed Level 2 charger. Probably because it takes so little time to recharge and there is some bug in the system that it doesn't log properly short charges.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 0 guests)

Poormanfletch, neptune, navdeepnippy, Ivanottawa, mohitk