• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 11:59 am
Apr 19, 2009
19 posts
16 upvotes
Hamilton
seafish wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 1:54 pm
Trips are OK for me. It practically stopped logging charges after I installed Level 2 charger. Probably because it takes so little time to recharge and there is some bug in the system that it doesn't log properly short charges.
I noticed that it didn't record my L3 charges which were 45min or less. L2 and L1 charges were both recorded properly.
Aug 3, 2008
962 posts
649 upvotes
Ottawa
reddok wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 12:18 pm
Too bad it doesn't have an auto-dimming mirror. Wonder if there is something else in the Ford line-up that has one that would be a bolt on (minus the 3 wires or so to splice in)?
I'm actually looking to buy some frameless auto-dimming aftermarket mirror with HomeLink. I hate that Chamberlain remote which really annoys me with rattling sound when you drive. (especially since FFE is so quiet)
Sep 25, 2015
432 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seafish wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 4:06 pm
I'm actually looking to buy some frameless auto-dimming aftermarket mirror with HomeLink. I hate that Chamberlain remote which really annoys me with rattling sound when you drive. (especially since FFE is so quiet)
I just use my phone to open the garage using Chamberlain app
Oct 1, 2010
21 posts
I love our new little FFE. I noticed though that in My View, the kwh meter which goes up and down as you accelerate and deaccelerate often remains at the top even at a constant speed. When I come to a complete stop it also goes right to the top. This indicates that the power consumption is at its highest at these times. So either there is something wrong with the gauge or something wrong with the amount of power being used. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Aug 3, 2008
962 posts
649 upvotes
Ottawa
danjordan98 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 4:38 pm
I love our new little FFE. I noticed though that in My View, the kwh meter which goes up and down as you accelerate and deaccelerate often remains at the top even at a constant speed. When I come to a complete stop it also goes right to the top. This indicates that the power consumption is at its highest at these times. So either there is something wrong with the gauge or something wrong with the amount of power being used. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Everything is normal here, the gauge shows Wh/km x100 consumption rate. When you stopped it still uses some power albeit very little but you don't move, hence the gauge is on top (if you divide anything by 0 you get infinity)
It depends on how fast you go at a constant speed to figure out your consumption (i.e. > 110 kmh and gauge will be in the top portion)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3363 posts
330 upvotes
One more thing about the auto dimming rearview mirror: What if you tint your rear window dark, probably don't need the auto dimming?
Sep 25, 2015
432 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LoveRFD wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:10 pm
One more thing about the auto dimming rearview mirror: What if you tint your rear window dark, probably don't need the auto dimming?
+1
Sep 30, 2007
317 posts
132 upvotes
Apparently, during lunch time it can get pretty crowded.
Free DCFC chargers today at the Toronto Pearson airport.

Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3363 posts
330 upvotes
Bet you all RFDers taking advantage of free charging :)

Is that a bolt on the far side?
Sep 30, 2007
317 posts
132 upvotes
FFE, FFE, Leaf, Bolt.

Install Plugshare app, for the most up to date info on chargers.

2 sites at PIA, 5 DCFC chargers at each location, no L2 though.

Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3363 posts
330 upvotes
xrvr wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:18 pm
FFE, FFE, Leaf, Bolt.

Install Plugshare app, for the most up to date info on chargers.

2 sites at PIA, 5 DCFC chargers at each location, no L2 though.

5 at each site? That's very nice. Is there any coffee place in walking distance to wait while charging?
Sep 30, 2007
317 posts
132 upvotes
LoveRFD wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:33 pm
5 at each site? That's very nice. Is there any coffee place in walking distance to wait while charging?
Nope. As a matter of fact, you have to remain in your car at all times.
I've seen GTAA security guys few times, driving by, making sure there's someone in the car.
Please read description of these chargers in the Plugshare app.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3363 posts
330 upvotes
xrvr wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:11 pm
Nope. As a matter of fact, you have to remain in your car at all times.
I've seen GTAA security guys few times, driving by, making sure there's someone in the car.
Please read description of these chargers in the Plugshare app.
Thanks, I guess will have to get coffee first then do the charging.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 0 guests)

Poormanfletch, neptune, navdeepnippy, Ivanottawa, mohitk, NubNub