• Dec 13th, 2017 1:00 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1121 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
xrvr wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:21 pm
Nope. Charged my car on Saturday to either 96 or 100%.
Depends on which app I was using.
Ok, then description on plug share must be wrong
Are you using chargepoint app or else to start charging?
Sep 30, 2007
335 posts
139 upvotes
seafish wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:35 pm
Ok, then description on plug share must be wrong
Are you using chargepoint app or else to start charging?
App. I've ordered card ages ago, and it's still "in transit"
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
xrvr wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:21 pm
Do you have to use the chargepoint app at those 2 locations? I tried to sign up but it asked me to put in $10 with my credit card first. Really don't like have to install all kinds of apps for all different charging stations.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1121 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
xrvr wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:21 pm
I actually registered first through the app and didn't get a card.
Then there was a promo in September when they were giving away $10 USD on new sign up, so I registered again through web and got a card in maybe a week.
Oct 1, 2010
22 posts
1 upvote
seafish wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:00 pm
Everything is normal here, the gauge shows Wh/km x100 consumption rate. When you stopped it still uses some power albeit very little but you don't move, hence the gauge is on top (if you divide anything by 0 you get infinity)
It depends on how fast you go at a constant speed to figure out your consumption (i.e. > 110 kmh and gauge will be in the top portion)
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!
Mar 2, 2011
126 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
LoveRFD wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:52 pm
Do you have to use the chargepoint app at those 2 locations? I tried to sign up but it asked me to put in $10 with my credit card first. Really don't like have to install all kinds of apps for all different charging stations.
I signed up for ChargePoint (and other networks) last night and CP wanted CC but said it will only reload $10 the FIRST time you use a charger that costs money. Waiting for free card too. Other networks I could wait before I add card. CP didn't charge me

I installed other apps I'll need (Circuit Électrique, myEVroute, Flo, CP). None wanted money up front, just when I actually use paid charger or key fob (myEVroute wants $$$ for fob, I'll just use app)

I'm going to need to use 3-4 networks to get home to Ottawa from Toronto on Monday with the car so I can report back if anyone wants :) with cost, route, pics I actually end up using not just my current plan
Aug 7, 2017
70 posts
31 upvotes
virulent wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:16 am
I signed up for ChargePoint (and other networks) last night and CP wanted CC but said it will only reload $10 the FIRST time you use a charger that costs money. Waiting for free card too. Other networks I could wait before I add card. CP didn't charge me

I installed other apps I'll need (Circuit Électrique, myEVroute, Flo, CP). None wanted money up front, just when I actually use paid charger or key fob (myEVroute wants $$$ for fob, I'll just use app)

I'm going to need to use 3-4 networks to get home to Ottawa from Toronto on Monday with the car so I can report back if anyone wants :) with cost, route, pics I actually end up using not just my current plan
3 - 4 DC quick charges seems like a lot for one day. I remember the Nissan Leaf manual recommending only one DC quick charge per day. That being said, there are quite a few differences between the Leaf manual and the FFE manual; however, the FFE manual does say this about DC charging:

"Repeated use of this charging method
could have a long term effect on the
battery"

I guess this trip will be a one-off, so you should be fine. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Sep 7, 2008
132 posts
18 upvotes
For those of you who ordered their chargers from autochargers.ca, how long did it take to arrive in GTA area?

My order has been in "Accepted" status since last Friday.

I thought I would see it changed to shipped or some tracking would be provided, but nothing so far.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1121 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
navdeepnippy wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 10:02 am
For those of you who ordered their chargers from autochargers.ca, how long did it take to arrive in GTA area?

I thought I would see it changed to shipped or some tracking would be provided, but nothing so far.
Did you ask for installation quote? Check your profile. Perhaps that's what holding your order?
Might want to ask about autochargers shipping in this thread
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1015 posts
118 upvotes
Milton
navdeepnippy wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 10:02 am

Ordered mine over the long weekend and it arrived yesterday.
Sep 30, 2007
335 posts
139 upvotes
AnDude wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 9:42 am
3 - 4 DC quick charges seems like a lot for one day. I remember the Nissan Leaf manual recommending only one DC quick charge per day. That being said, there are quite a few differences between the Leaf manual and the FFE manual; however, the FFE manual does say this about DC charging:

"Repeated use of this charging method
could have a long term effect on the
battery"

I guess this trip will be a one-off, so you should be fine. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Leafs don't have cooled battery, and battery can get quite warm during fast charging.
That's why they don't recommend it.
I've done almost 10,000 km on my FFE, mostly using DCFC for charging, and my battery capacity still says 100%.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1365 posts
224 upvotes
Mississauga
xrvr wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 11:07 am
Leafs don't have cooled battery, and battery can get quite warm during fast charging.
That's why they don't recommend it.
I've done almost 10,000 km on my FFE, mostly using DCFC for charging, and my battery capacity still says 100%.
fast charging will hurt your batteries even if the batteries are liquid-cooled. it might not matter if you are leasing.
Mar 2, 2011
126 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
aximrocks wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 11:45 am
fast charging will hurt your batteries even if the batteries are liquid-cooled. it might not matter if you are leasing.
I'm in the lease camp. If after 3 years battery is still in good condition with lots of DCFC charging (which I plan on doing for trips) then I'll be heavily considering keeping the car - so cheap!

Unless there'll be another $20k OTR deal in 3 years or cheap leases, it might be a hard sell to not keep it especially if the $14k ON rebate doesn't stick around.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3434 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
Does anyone know if Electric vehicles should be rust proofed? With all the wires and electronics even below the vehicle, plus a large shield covering most of the underbody, just wondering if people typically get theirs rustproofed.

Also, does anyone know if getting Krown rustproofing on a lease vehicle is any issue? Was thinking of having my Focus Electric Krown'd as I've typically had good experiences with Krown on my Si, but they do some hole drilling, so just want to make sure this was safe if I return the car after the 3 years.
Contests entered: Too Many...
Contests won: 3
Biggest Win:
-Xbox 360 From Pepsi - Oct. 21, 2006 (7:00PM-7:59PM CST Draw :D )
CHECK OUT MY 100% POSITIVE HoFo FEEDBACK
CHECK OUT MY 100% POSITIVE Heatware FEEDBACK
*NEW*CHECK OUT MY 100% POSITIVE RFD FEEDBACK
Sep 25, 2015
544 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bigasif wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:06 pm
Does anyone know if Electric vehicles should be rust proofed? With all the wires and electronics even below the vehicle, plus a large shield covering most of the underbody, just wondering if people typically get theirs rustproofed.

Also, does anyone know if getting Krown rustproofing on a lease vehicle is any issue? Was thinking of having my Focus Electric Krown'd as I've typically had good experiences with Krown on my Si, but they do some hole drilling, so just want to make sure this was safe if I return the car after the 3 years.
I had rust proofing done on my FFE at krown. No issues.

Probably not necessary if you're leasing. Even if you decide to buy later on you can still do rust proofing