• Oct 22nd, 2017 4:54 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2275 posts
756 upvotes
Ottawa
seafish wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:57 pm
No L3 chargers on your way? Ikea and VW St Laurent are conveniently located on 417 and free. Might spend 10 minutes there to be safe in such situations
Drive by the ikea on my way; was definitely my backup plan :)
Jan 16, 2007
598 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but how do I go about finding an electrician to do the outlet and have it installed at a fair price plus getting the ESA Inspection done? Kijiji?

Looking at getting an EV next year.

Thx
Apr 27, 2004
973 posts
108 upvotes
Milton
NubNub wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 6:07 pm
Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but how do I go about finding an electrician to do the outlet and have it installed at a fair price plus getting the ESA Inspection done? Kijiji?

Looking at getting an EV next year.

Thx
https://findacontractor.esasafe.com/
Apr 11, 2017
30 posts
13 upvotes
London, ON
Picked up my FFE this afternoon in Toronto. Pickup went well, not quite a full battery but super close.

Nice easy drive on the highway, surprisingly smooth and comfortable on the highway, very quiet aside from some wind and tire noise. Total drive was a bit shy of 200km so I stopped at a CP quickcharger. 15 min later and lots of juice to make it home. On the last section I averaged 170wh/km and that was with some passing at 120km/hr. Overall pretty pleased with the experience. And lots of stuff to play with. Guessing I'll be letting go a bunch of people try it tomorrow at work.

Let the fun begin!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1621 posts
245 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:33 pm
Any news?
Hello, thank you for checking up. My car is still with the dealership (20 days now). I emailed them today asking for an update and the service manager left me a voice mail indicating that they are waiting for Ford to send them a "module" in which replacing will likely solve the entire issue. They aren't sure when they will get the part. I really hope this will be a permanent fix as the confidence in my car is dwindling. You guys have no idea how scary it was, and I hope this never happens to any of you.
Sep 25, 2015
434 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UNDFTDss wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 11:11 pm
Hello, thank you for checking up. My car is still with the dealership (20 days now). I emailed them today asking for an update and the service manager left me a voice mail indicating that they are waiting for Ford to send them a "module" in which replacing will likely solve the entire issue. They aren't sure when they will get the part. I really hope this will be a permanent fix as the confidence in my car is dwindling. You guys have no idea how scary it was, and I hope this never happens to any of you.
I'm sorry to hear that. It would be great if you could fill out the defect complaint form with Transport Canada. The fact that this is a critical failure at highway speeds without any warning is certainly a defect . Especially if you want Ford to act on this issue so that it doesn't repeat. Filing out the form is a matter of safety rather than pointing blame. This will help trigger a safety recall in case Ford doesn't consider it a safety issue.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/7/ ... x?lang=eng
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3365 posts
330 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:33 pm
Check the plastic inner fender on both sides and see if rubbing.
The noise is inside the car. I just noticed today that the noise only happens if I have the turn signal on. If I don't have the turn signal on there's no noise. So I think definitely something to do with the turn signal lever which is just under the steering wheel.

I'll probably take the car to dealer to get it checked out.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3365 posts
330 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
At least that means they were able to reproduce the problem and have an idea where is wrong. Good luck and hope they fix it once for all.
Jun 12, 2016
253 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
UNDFTDss wrote:
I understand what you're going through and feel your pain. A brand new car should not be behaving like this and nor should you feel scared driving this car in the future. Try to think about what you're prepared to do suppose they don't rectify this problem. Will you be patient and allow Ford to keep fixing the issue if this problem comes back? Hopefully it all works out for you in the end, but in my experience, try to plan 1 or 2 steps ahead. Review CAMVAP process and see if that option is something that you may consider.
Aug 3, 2008
965 posts
650 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone with OBD access to FFE, can you tell what's the usable battery capacity of it? If that information is available.
Sep 25, 2015
434 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seafish wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:17 pm
Anyone with OBD access to FFE, can you tell what's the usable battery capacity of it? If that information is available.
I've got 29.2kWh total capacity from OBD port
Sep 25, 2015
434 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I purchased a 3rd remote key fob from carandtruckremotes . It works perfectly except the emergency key needs to be cut. I took it to a locksmith and they said it requires a special "side cutting" machine. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can go to get my blank emergency key cut?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1621 posts
245 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 6:27 am
I'm sorry to hear that. It would be great if you could fill out the defect complaint form with Transport Canada. The fact that this is a critical failure at highway speeds without any warning is certainly a defect . Especially if you want Ford to act on this issue so that it doesn't repeat. Filing out the form is a matter of safety rather than pointing blame. This will help trigger a safety recall in case Ford doesn't consider it a safety issue.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/7/ ... x?lang=eng
Thanks for the advice. I've already contacted Transport Canada to this regard.
Aug 21, 2016
13 posts
1 upvote
Selkirk
I phoned the local ford dealer inquiring about winter tires for my focus electric which I should be getting in about 2 weeks. The parts guy said that they are supposed to have aluminium rims due to the regenerative braking. The cost was going to be about 550 per tire with sensors. I was hoping to just purchase 5 bolt steel rims with 15 inch tires possibly from kijiji because I'm just leasing the car. Any thoughts?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3365 posts
330 upvotes
User439255 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 3:24 pm
I phoned the local ford dealer inquiring about winter tires for my focus electric which I should be getting in about 2 weeks. The parts guy said that they are supposed to have aluminium rims due to the regenerative braking. The cost was going to be about 550 per tire with sensors. I was hoping to just purchase 5 bolt steel rims with 15 inch tires possibly from kijiji because I'm just leasing the car. Any thoughts?
If you are buying from kijiji, might as well buy alloy rims as very likely there's not much price difference. For example I bought a set of 16 inch alloy rims for only $150.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

da_123, stevhorn