• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 10:40 pm
Apr 11, 2017
50 posts
27 upvotes
London, ON
neptune wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:06 am
Did you take out the fuse and put it back in right away? Or did do something else after removing fuse?
My car disappears regularly from MFM.
Just pulled the fuse waited about 30 seconds and put it back in. No promises on that fixing things, but it's at least behaving a little better!

That should cut the power to the modem and reset it.
Apr 11, 2017
50 posts
27 upvotes
London, ON
mohitk wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:33 am
Anyone using child booster seats in the back? The belt buckle is recessed into the seat and I have had issues with a clec (NO way to use LATCH and belt successfully) and diono backless booster. Which ones are you using and are kids able to belt by themselves?
I have an Eddie Bauer rear facing seat which works okay, can use LATCH for now on it, although it does eat up a lot of space.

Also have a booster seat behind the driver side which my daughter is able to buckle into, but it's super tight with the side of the booster (has a back on it). If I push the seat a hair outboard it's a lot easier to buckle into.

I don't mind that the buckle is recessed in the seat, kind of holds it in place while I buckle her in (or she does it). My old car it was flipping around which was way harder as you had to hold it while you clipped it in. Much tougher with one hand.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
No issues with the 2 booster seats I have.
Jan 2, 2007
930 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
LoveRFD wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:58 am
No issues with the 2 booster seats I have.
Which ones are you using? Need to replace my Clec with something so am actively looking for one.
Aug 25, 2005
689 posts
36 upvotes
mohitk wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:02 pm
Which ones are you using? Need to replace my Clec with something so am actively looking for one.
I had a problem with the Clek too and had to switch to a different car seat.

The Cleks have caused problems for me in a number of cars because of the fixed latch setup.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
3779 posts
235 upvotes
mohitk wrote:
No problem with mine, just $10 one from Walmart
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
mohitk wrote:
One is Graco and I don't remember the other one which was bought on sale from Canadian Tire.
Oct 26, 2005
73 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone else hear a buzzing/humming noise when they press the brake pedal? It lasts for about 3 secs. Can only hear it at very low speeds like when entering or exiting home garage.
Apr 11, 2017
50 posts
27 upvotes
London, ON
Londonbrewer wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:43 am
Just realized that MFM didn't need a reset last night, it worked this morning. I pulled fuse the in the trunk fusebox (1 I believe, bottom right corner in the picture) and I'm hoping it just needed a reset.

Fingers crossed. Anyone else have any luck?
No go, car disappeared from MFM this morning.

Tried adding via the website as opposed to the app. Doubt it will work, but worth a shot.
May 12, 2012
157 posts
80 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Martin (deal addict) wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 12:37 pm
I originally received a written contract .pdf signed by them which they say I have not signed, but I understand my response of paying the deposit confirms the contract as a contract does not need a written signature just personal verification. It includes a price breakdown and order number, plus an additional signed statement attached saying "If you can't obtain the grants of the government on your focus electric 2018 you will have the option to cancel the sale and get the full refund of your $1000.00 deposit".

I still have not received the written statement from them that I requested yesterday morning.
Any news? They had a binding contract with you and there was no reasonable reason to cancel. This is grounds for small claims court in which Ford would get involved (they would not want the media that would ensue) and would most likely force the dealership to uphold its offer/work to you receiving your offer. As long as what you have said is in some form of writing, it is unlikely they will want to go to court. It was your order and the deposit was paid for which is legally the equivalent of you signing your lease/finance/intention of purchase.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1630 posts
252 upvotes
Georgerush wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 1:31 am
My tpms warning light didnt come on until after about a week after mounting the snows...not sure why
Alright, my TPMS warning light has come on. The warning sound scared the s*** out of me because I thought my car stalled again, lol.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse we can unplug to turn off the TPMS warning light on the dash? I looked in the manual quickly but couldn't find.
Jan 16, 2007
621 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
UNDFTDss wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:00 pm
Alright, my TPMS warning light has come on. The warning sound scared the s*** out of me because I thought my car stalled again, lol.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse we can unplug to turn off the TPMS warning light on the dash? I looked in the manual quickly but couldn't find.
Just use black tape or a sharpie pen. That's what I'm gonna do.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1630 posts
252 upvotes
NubNub wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:07 pm
Just use black tape or a sharpie pen. Thhat's what I'm gonna do.
OK, I'll use black tape. Sharpie pen sounds way too permanent lol
Jan 8, 2009
579 posts
86 upvotes
Ontario
Ferny111 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:54 am
Any news? They had a binding contract with you and there was no reasonable reason to cancel. This is grounds for small claims court in which Ford would get involved (they would not want the media that would ensue) and would most likely force the dealership to uphold its offer/work to you receiving your offer. As long as what you have said is in some form of writing, it is unlikely they will want to go to court. It was your order and the deposit was paid for which is legally the equivalent of you signing your lease/finance/intention of purchase.
Not heard anything since requesting the written statement. Very odd way to conduct business. Maybe I should text the salesperson again and request the VIN.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

holychristian