• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 11:28 am
Mar 19, 2006
866 posts
248 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:24 am
Range on the guess o meter for me this morning was 111km

Car was parked outside, but plugged in overnight. I did not precondition, drive to work was 90% highway and the heat was set at 24/
If you turn off the climate control or dial the temp back, your range will magically go back up to 160+ km
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1065 posts
725 upvotes
Ottawa
Nanodollars wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:17 am
If you turn off the climate control or dial the temp back, your range will magically go back up to 160+ km
I find that dialing temp back does not change GOM estimates for some reason. Only on/off makes immediate difference.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2542 posts
746 upvotes
Nanodollars wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:17 am
Turning off does do that, but my windows fogged up right away. Reducing the heat didn't help.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Public Mobile $38/4gb
Koodo flaming hot 6s deal

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Mar 19, 2006
866 posts
248 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:35 am
Turning off does do that, but my windows fogged up right away. Reducing the heat didn't help.
I played with it yesterday to try and get the fan to still work without activating the heat. If the temp is on "LO" then it works. yesterday setpoint to 17 C seem to turn it off but probably not today in Ottawa with a -9C ambient temp.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1065 posts
725 upvotes
Ottawa
Just FYI, there is an official Sync 2.3 update available. Doesn't seem like many changes, looks like more AndroidAuto/CarPlay integration.
You need to update it from USB drive and it will take about 30-40 minutes (FFE has to be in running mode) I updated it on my way to work.
Jun 12, 2007
30 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
seafish wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:36 pm
Just FYI, there is an official Sync 2.3 update available. Doesn't seem like many changes, looks like more AndroidAuto/CarPlay integration.
You need to update it from USB drive and it will take about 30-40 minutes (FFE has to be in running mode) I updated it on my way to work.
I thought 2017 FFE had SYNC 3?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1065 posts
725 upvotes
Ottawa
jeongyun wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:49 pm
I thought 2017 FFE had SYNC 3?
Yes, it's Sync3 2.3 version.
Jun 12, 2016
290 posts
106 upvotes
Mississauga
guessguy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:26 pm
*Update*
Finally received some news today on our FFE. It appears that the motor is having issues communicating with the battery and the main battery must be repaired. They have to remove the battery and ship to Michigan for repair and wait for it to return. I'm guessing we'll get the car back around Christmas. I am in a rental car at the moment.
Advisor stated that a case number has been established with HQ.
This has not been a pleasant new car buying experience to say the least. Is there anything I'm entitled to for the long time without our car?
Sorry to hear about the issues to your FFE. I was in a similar situation but mine was more to do with the car stalling unexpectedly. I'd call Ford HQ directly and speak to someone about potential compensation. They might come back to say that since you've received a rental car, you haven't really been inconvenienced- rather you just have to buy gas. Maybe keep your gas receipts in case they consider reimbursing you for gas. Make sure you keep all records and notes of what is being done to the car especially if you communicating by phone. Let's hope they get your car fixed once and for all.
Jan 18, 2012
672 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
So today, after driving to work and parked, there was a message saying the outside air is cold and to plug in the car.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1065 posts
725 upvotes
Ottawa
invinci wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:33 pm
So today, after driving to work and parked, there was a message saying the outside air is cold and to plug in the car.
It's just a reminder that it's better to plug it in when parked to keep battery warm enough. Otherwise, it will use battery power for conditioning.
Sep 30, 2011
695 posts
169 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
still quite confused about the regen brake.
I always drive in L, so when gas pedal is off, car slow down greatly. I some time have to hold gas pedal a bit to control how much de-acceleration I want. obviously, this allow me to maximize the regen power and reduce brake usage.
But some time I wonder, what if I tap brake pedal but not fully engage the friction brake, when I coast in D, will that turn up the level of regen power to the L level? Still prefer to drive in normal mode but fully utilize the regen power.
Sep 8, 2014
503 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto, ON
invinci wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:33 pm
Sage advice. These cars know what they're talking about. Too bad most of us can't plug in at work.
Jan 16, 2007
621 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:41 pm
It's just a reminder that it's better to plug it in when parked to keep battery warm enough. Otherwise, it will use battery power for conditioning.
Will it drain my battery if I leave it outside all day long?
Jan 8, 2009
584 posts
88 upvotes
Ontario
napoleonbot wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:01 pm
still quite confused about the regen brake.
I always drive in L, so when gas pedal is off, car slow down greatly. I some time have to hold gas pedal a bit to control how much de-acceleration I want. obviously, this allow me to maximize the regen power and reduce brake usage.
But some time I wonder, what if I tap brake pedal but not fully engage the friction brake, when I coast in D, will that turn up the level of regen power to the L level? Still prefer to drive in normal mode but fully utilize the regen power.
For everyday driving you should be in D,
then more efficient you will be,
If down a steep hill you want to go,
then pull your selector into Low
backing up you need to choose R
its really as simple as any gas car.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2542 posts
746 upvotes
For those interested:

I drove 103km today and had 16 km left when I got home. It was mostly highway driving. Heat was on for 82 of the km, not bad.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Public Mobile $38/4gb
Koodo flaming hot 6s deal

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)