Martin (deal addict) wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:41 pm
For everyday driving you should be in D,
then more efficient you will be,
If down a steep hill you want to go,
then pull your selector into Low
backing up you need to choose R
its really as simple as any gas car.
I drive in L because I drive with cruise on 95% of the time. I hit the paddle and use the regen to brake for me. If you use your foot to drive then D would be a better option for sure.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1007 posts
114 upvotes
Milton
seafish wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:36 pm
Just FYI, there is an official Sync 2.3 update available. Doesn't seem like many changes, looks like more AndroidAuto/CarPlay integration.
You need to update it from USB drive and it will take about 30-40 minutes (FFE has to be in running mode) I updated it on my way to work.
Trying to update this morning but nothing happens when I plug in the usb stick in the port inside arm rest.
Wifi auto update doesn't find an update either.

'About' shows sync v2.2
Jan 8, 2009
575 posts
85 upvotes
Ontario
QTheNukes wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:24 pm
I drive in L because I drive with cruise on 95% of the time. I hit the paddle and use the regen to brake for me. If you use your foot to drive then D would be a better option for sure.
Same thing applies regarding inefficiencies driving in L . No problems with my right foot so I have no issues using it for progressive braking.
Sep 25, 2015
490 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
neptune wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:48 am
Trying to update this morning but nothing happens when I plug in the usb stick in the port inside arm rest.

'About' shows sync v2.2
I have the same issue. How do we trigger the update?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1007 posts
114 upvotes
Milton
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:23 am
I'm giving up... have tried a few times now. Not too concerned with this update since it doesn't have anything significant (from what I can tell)... perhaps if there's a substantial update I may visit a dealer to get it done
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3408 posts
344 upvotes
Have you guys tried wifi? Also you need to extract the files from the zip file you downloaded and copy them to the USB disk. If you just copy the zip file it won't work. I normally just skip the updates if the current one works well for me, unless there are major feature updates.
Jan 8, 2009
575 posts
85 upvotes
Ontario
The clock on my Myfordmobile has been off 5 hrs the last week throwing off the value charging. Others have the same issue. Between this and the hassle I am having with my replacement car order (FFE) means I am not as big a fan of Ford electric vehicles just at the moment. Setting the correct time on Myfordmobile seems such a basic thing to be wrong for any length of time.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1007 posts
114 upvotes
Milton
LoveRFD wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:55 am
Have you guys tried wifi? Also you need to extract the files from the zip file you downloaded and copy them to the USB disk. If you just copy the zip file it won't work. I normally just skip the updates if the current one works well for me, unless there are major feature updates.
Wifi doesn't find any updates. Have extracted the zip contents to USB.
Like I said, giving up on this one. Will keep an eye for the next update and maybe have the dealer do it.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1007 posts
114 upvotes
Milton
Martin (deal addict) wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:06 pm
The clock on my Myfordmobile has been off 5 hrs the last week throwing off the value charging. Others have the same issue. Between this and the hassle I am having with my replacement car order (FFE) means I am not as big a fan of Ford electric vehicles just at the moment. Setting the correct time on Myfordmobile seems such a basic thing to be wrong for any length of time.
I've given up on the MFM app too. Its a real POS quality which is shameful for Ford who've publicly stated their focus and push into mobile.
I've setup GO times on the car itself because MFM keeps losing my car and with it, all the MFM settings. I use scheduling feature in JuiceBox for delayed charging.
This setup has been solid for the last two weeks.
Last edited by neptune on Nov 11th, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1044 posts
703 upvotes
Ottawa
neptune wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:48 am

'About' shows sync v2.2
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:23 am
It might take some time before it shows anything on the screen, up to 10 minutes. It needs to copy all files to its memory first, just keep it in while car is in run mode.
Also for me it didn't work with 8 GB stick (showed error right after I plug it in) but worked with old 2 GB that I had laying around, even though instructions ask for at least 32 GB
Last edited by seafish on Nov 11th, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1007 posts
114 upvotes
Milton
seafish wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:32 pm
It might take some time before it shows anything on the screen, up to 10 minutes. It needs to copy all files to its memory first, just keep it in while car is in run mode.
Did that too. Turned the car on, plugged in USB stick and came back about 10min later. Still nothing LOL
I'll try one last time next week on drive to work, which is about 45min
Last edited by neptune on Nov 11th, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 25, 2015
490 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Really happy with the quality of the dash cam that I picked up based on a recommendation here. Its the A118C gear best dash cam. Here is a picture of the view in my FFE.

The quality is a bit blurry here probably because of the way I captured the screenshot. The video is high resolution 3 minutes long @ 350 MB
Images
  • Screenshot from 2017-11-11 12-33-34.png
Last edited by RedStrikeCa on Nov 11th, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 25, 2015
490 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seafish wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:32 pm
I'll try again today and report back
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1044 posts
703 upvotes
Ottawa
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:36 pm
Really happy with the quality of the dash cam that I picked up based on a recommendation here. Its the A118C gear best dash cam. Here is a picture of the view in my FFE.
I got the same, vary pleased too, for the money. Also got GPS module on Amazon for $10, which is hidden between overhead console and roof and works perfectly. Videos come with GPS track and time is synced automatically.
Images
  • IMG_20171111_123926.jpg
Sep 25, 2015
490 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seafish wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:44 pm
Also got GPS module on Amazon for $10, which is hidden between overhead console and roof and works perfectly. Videos come with GPS track and time is synced automatically.
Very interesting. Can you share the link for the $10 module?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

dealisdead