The Ford Focus Electric Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2024 5:40 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2218 posts
764 upvotes
Halton
mwmsnow wrote: So we can make apples to apples comparisons...

What options did you choose? i.e. leather, paint colour
Which rebates are applied? Costco / Auto Show / FCC 1st-time-lease
What is the lease residual?

It looks like the dealership is happy to deal w/ the ON $14K rebate for you, which is convenient.

According to my guestimator spreadsheet, and assuming your $79/m lease payment includes tax, a $11,120 residual, no upgrades and all the rebates mentioned, you got a $507 discount from your dealer.
I believe the residual on 20k allowance for 36 month term is $10,800, for base model with no leather, no-charge paint.
Mar 22, 2017
30 posts
19 upvotes
Hi guys, as requested

as an update for the changes to the available rebate and incentive bundles - ALL rebates remain the same.

0%leasing/0% financing
$500 DA
$500 Costco
first time EVER financier/lessor OR recent grad
auto show rebates
$14 000 EV rebate

HOWEVER, the residual values have dropped by 2% on the vehicle. This means the costing for those waiting to pull the trigger will now be $600-$700 in payments more than for the month of March.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
Vishusibal wrote: Hi guys, as requested

as an update for the changes to the available rebate and incentive bundles - ALL rebates remain the same.

0%leasing/0% financing
$500 DA
$500 Costco
first time EVER financier/lessor OR recent grad
auto show rebates
$14 000 EV rebate

HOWEVER, the residual values have dropped by 2% on the vehicle. This means the costing for those waiting to pull the trigger will now be $600-$700 in payments more than for the month of March.
Thanks man.

For those of us that already leased, what are the possibilities of getting the first time EVER financier/lessor retroactively applied to our contract? I've read conflicting information and want to know what I'm getting into before I go ask.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
***As pointed out by mwmsnow, this is NOT on the eligible rebate list.***

I just bought this EVSE from costco.ca

Details:
- 30A 7.2 kW
- 18 ft
- $678 shipped
- hardwired or plugged
- indoor / outdoor
- internal jumper: 30 A, 20 A, 15 A

Thoughts:
- can always return (if I change my mind)
- can return and repurchase (if I need a postdated date for rebate)
- can retrofit 18ft with longer in future (and reuse 18ft for other install)
- out of the box can use 15A outlet
- out of the box can use dryer outlet (need to buy adapter)
- cheap price
- costco warranty

A review:
...currently set up for my dryer outlet at 24amps. I do laundry once a week so makes sense to use the outlet as my primary charger outlet versus spending all that money to upgrade the house supply and install a new line. I can take the durastation with me if I go on a long trip and plug into other outlets (dryer, stove 40a, RV park.) The 30a/50a 250v adjustable replacement plug cost $10. Cord $70. If Im out in the rural areas with no charging station every home owner I've asked to use their power have been very receptive...
EDIT:
More details and reviews from homedepot.com
Last edited by dealisdead on Apr 1st, 2017 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mar 22, 2017
30 posts
19 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: Thanks man.

For those of us that already leased, what are the possibilities of getting the first time EVER financier/lessor retroactively applied to our contract? I've read conflicting information and want to know what I'm getting into before I go ask.
As long as you have NEVER financed/leased a car before it is a rebate that can be applied for you - I would just talk to the dealer reps directly (finance manager or sales person you dealt with) and tell them that you are a first time buyer and would like that rebate added to the deal. It doesn't change anything from the dealers bottom line so the only reason they would resist giving it to you is if they were planning on pocketing it themselves. Please note, to get the full $500 rebate value you will need to put $500 down to match.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
Vishusibal wrote: As long as you have NEVER financed/leased a car before it is a rebate that can be applied for you - I would just talk to the dealer reps directly (finance manager or sales person you dealt with) and tell them that you are a first time buyer and would like that rebate added to the deal. It doesn't change anything from the dealers bottom line so the only reason they would resist giving it to you is if they were planning on pocketing it themselves. Please note, to get the full $500 rebate value you will need to put $500 down to match.
Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to know.

One more question, will I have any issues increasing my $300 deposit to $500?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2240 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
Vishusibal wrote: As long as you have NEVER financed/leased a car before it is a rebate that can be applied for you - I would just talk to the dealer reps directly (finance manager or sales person you dealt with) and tell them that you are a first time buyer and would like that rebate added to the deal. It doesn't change anything from the dealers bottom line so the only reason they would resist giving it to you is if they were planning on pocketing it themselves. Please note, to get the full $500 rebate value you will need to put $500 down to match.
I was told that I could not apply the 1st time buyer if I wanted to use the $750 Auto show rebate. It was one or the other and not both. Used $500 Costco and $750 Autoshow rebate. They also could not apply it to the lease due to some capital residual limit set by Ford. Instead I will receive a $1,250 rebate on delivery.
Oct 19, 2009
275 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
guessguy wrote: I was told that I could not apply the 1st time buyer if I wanted to use the $750 Auto show rebate. It was one or the other and not both. Used $500 Costco and $750 Autoshow rebate. They also could not apply it to the lease due to some capital residual limit set by Ford. Instead I will receive a $1,250 rebate on delivery.
Is that position supported by the Auto Show discount conditions?
"...This offer is not combinable with any CFIP, CPA, GPC, Daily Rental incentives or any other targeted/private offer. Taxes payable before private offer amount is deducted..."

Is that position supported by the 1st Time Leaser conditions?
"...Not combinable with any CPA/GPC or Daily Rental incentives, the Commercial Upfit Program or the Commercial Fleet Incentive Program (CFIP) or any other Targeted Offer Program including the Graduate Rebate program. See dealer for details..."

CFIP -Commercial Fleet Incentive Program
GPC - Government Price Concession
Haven't been able to find definition of CPA. Perhaps someone else knows that one.

Insist that the dealer give the specific reason that the rebate combination is rejected.
Mar 22, 2017
30 posts
19 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to know.

One more question, will I have any issues increasing my $300 deposit to $500?
Hi, a deposit is different from a down payment

so to be clear a deposit to place the order or hold the car would come back to you at time of delivery. in this case you actually have to put down $500 towards the lease (thereby reducing the payments accordingly)

but no, you should not have any problems
Mar 22, 2017
30 posts
19 upvotes
guessguy wrote: I was told that I could not apply the 1st time buyer if I wanted to use the $750 Auto show rebate. It was one or the other and not both. Used $500 Costco and $750 Autoshow rebate. They also could not apply it to the lease due to some capital residual limit set by Ford. Instead I will receive a $1,250 rebate on delivery.
this is correct. during the claims process the auto show rebate and the first time buyer rebate cannot be claimed towards the same VIN number. this is a restriction by the manufacturer. Outside of the dealers control. so obviously you used the combination ensuring a higher rebate amount.
Oct 19, 2009
275 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
"23 Down Payment - The amount of money you are able to pay towards the purchase or lease a vehicle which results in a lower amount to be financed or leased. If you want to include a trade-in amount, please add it to the trade-in field".

Part of the down payment would come from any deposit you gave to the dealer to secure your order. Anyone leasing a FFE and paying $90 (or probably even a lot more) bi-weekly will be contributing a large down payment, certainly a lot more than the $500 you need for a match.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
Taking from a new owner's comment on myfocuselectric.com

"Looking at the CAN signals on Forscan, it appears that about 29 kWh are useable. I have not actually measured it at full charge, but I am extrapolating from SoC vs energy remaining at the time i took a log. 29 makes sense, though.

I live in Michigan and have been driving to work. Averaging about 230Wh/mile in commuting traffic. Goes over 250 at 70 mph, but i have limited miles there.

Longest drive in 1 day was a total of about 65 miles over 3 separate drives. Weather was just below freezing. SoC was at 40% when i got home. I rarely if ever use cabin heating except if I am plugged into prewarm. Rely instead on heated seats."

I'm not sure if that reserved 4.5kwh is actually usable or not at all to protect the battery from being 100% drained?
Last edited by LoveRFD on Apr 1st, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2012
695 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
mwmsnow wrote: So we can make apples to apples comparisons...

What options did you choose? i.e. leather, paint colour
Which rebates are applied? Costco / Auto Show / FCC 1st-time-lease
What is the lease residual?

It looks like the dealership is happy to deal w/ the ON $14K rebate for you, which is convenient.

Screenshot from 2017-04-01 10-05-05.png

This info updated with residual info per Nepture (see following post)
Base model, non leather, base colour, no discounts on car, 11400 residual
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4193 posts
2224 upvotes
Niagara
LoveRFD wrote: Taking from a new owner's comment on myfocuselectric.com

"Looking at the CAN signals on Forscan, it appears that about 29 kWh are useable. I have not actually measured it at full charge, but I am extrapolating from SoC vs energy remaining at the time i took a log. 29 makes sense, though.

I live in Michigan and have been driving to work. Averaging about 230Wh/mile in commuting traffic. Goes over 250 at 70 mph, but i have limited miles there.

Longest drive in 1 day was a total of about 65 miles over 3 separate drives. Weather was just below freezing. SoC was at 40% when i got home. I rarely if ever use cabin heating except if I am plugged into prewarm. Rely instead on heated seats."

I'm not sure if that reserved 4.5kwh is actually usable or not at all to protect the battery from being 100% drained?
What's the total battery capacity? It's likely limited to protect the battery. Most EVs do this I believe.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
joey003 wrote: What's the total battery capacity? It's likely limited to protect the battery. Most EVs do this I believe.
It's 29+4.5=33.5
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4193 posts
2224 upvotes
Niagara
LoveRFD wrote: It's 29+4.5=33.5
I'd say it's likely that only 29kWh is available.

My i3 with 33kWh only has ~28kWh useable.
Mar 7, 2017
126 posts
49 upvotes
What would you guy do in my situation? I live In North Bay and I have no Ford Dealers that can work on Focus Electric because they are not certified. Would you still lease the car if knowingly they couldn't fix the car. On top of this. I don't have enough range to get it fixed in Toronto.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
Allaboutthedeals wrote: What would you guy do in my situation? I live In North Bay and I have no Ford Dealers that can work on Focus Electric because they are not certified. Would you still lease the car if knowingly they couldn't fix the car. On top of this. I don't have enough range to get it fixed in Toronto.
Get the Volt/Bolt?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)