The Ford Focus Electric Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2024 5:40 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30105 posts
5545 upvotes
Montreal
napoleonbot wrote: How is the heating, i know it is wrong question for this kind of weather. Is FFE a heat pump heating or resistance based
No heat pump last I checked.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Allaboutthedeals wrote: What would you guy do in my situation? I live In North Bay and I have no Ford Dealers that can work on Focus Electric because they are not certified. Would you still lease the car if knowingly they couldn't fix the car. On top of this. I don't have enough range to get it fixed in Toronto.
I wouldn't do it. Doesn't make sense.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2218 posts
764 upvotes
Halton
For those from the first few pages of this thread who placed orders, have you heard anything from the dealers yet about order status? Anyone follow-up with their dealers? Its been a few weeks. Wondering how long it takes for the dealer to know specifics like order #, ETA, etc.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3237 posts
4475 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up my new 2017 FFE last night from Thor motors in Orillia.
Salesperson was a great guy to deal with, Nathan Brown, nbrown@thormotors.com
Car wasn't fully charged, so I stopped at the Pearson to get quick DC top up.
Unfortunately, now what I think about it, pretty sure there's some water in the charging port, and charger would stop after couple minutes.
So made my way to Ikea in Etobicoke, and got up to 50% in about 10 minutes.

I've built my own high speed e-bike 4 years ago, plus drove few EVs at the autoshow, so FFE is exactly what I expected to be.
Nice, quiet, effortless.
Will post more details later.

Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3712 posts
3793 upvotes
Toronto
xrvr wrote: Picked up my new 2017 FFE last night from Thor motors in Orillia.
Salesperson was a great guy to deal with, Nathan Brown, nbrown@thormotors.com
Car wasn't fully charged, so I stopped at the Pearson to get quick DC top up.
Unfortunately, now what I think about it, pretty sure there's some water in the charging port, and charger would stop after couple minutes.
So made my way to Ikea in Etobicoke, and got up to 50% in about 10 minutes.

I've built my own high speed e-bike 4 years ago, plus drove few EVs at the autoshow, so FFE is exactly what I expected to be.
Nice, quiet, effortless.
Will post more details later.

Nice! Enjoy!!

Now is all the batteries for this car in the trunk? Or are there some under the floor?
Peeons with power trips. LOL
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3237 posts
4475 upvotes
Toronto
some1not wrote: Nice! Enjoy!!

Now is all the batteries for this car in the trunk? Or are there some under the floor?
This is for 2012, pretty sure 2017 is almost the same.

"The Electric Focus has an upper battery and lower battery service disconnect, so it also has two High Voltage Batteries

#2 is the high voltage battery, located behind the rear seatback and under vehicle.

Feb 15, 2004
621 posts
157 upvotes
Newmarket
dgnr8 wrote: So total cost of my lease is about $8400 and my trade in is worth $7000 worst case scenario, can the dealer reduce my lease total cost to $1400?
Where do you get the deal $8400 for 3 years lease? Mine is about $9500. Disappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
hoc022 wrote: Where do you get the deal $8400 for 3 years lease? Mine is about $9500. Disappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved Face
Yonge and steeles ford. That being said, someone else on here got $7700 somewhere else.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
Depends on the incentives and rebates you have. If you have both Costco and Auto show rebates then it should be under $8k.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
xrvr wrote: This is for 2012, pretty sure 2017 is almost the same.

"The Electric Focus has an upper battery and lower battery service disconnect, so it also has two High Voltage Batteries

#2 is the high voltage battery, located behind the rear seatback and under vehicle.

Looks like there's so much space in the front seat area, not sure why the battery wasn't put in there. That might've saved the trunk space.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4193 posts
2224 upvotes
Niagara
invinci wrote: Looks like there's so much space in the front seat area, not sure why the battery wasn't put in there. That might've saved the trunk space.
You mean like below the front seat / floor? I guess this is a result of retrofitting an EV from what was designed initially as an ICE car.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3237 posts
4475 upvotes
Toronto
Used Ikea fast DC charger this morning again, before going to work.
Took one double-double and 20 minutes of checking social media.

Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2218 posts
764 upvotes
Halton
neptune wrote: For those from the first few pages of this thread who placed orders, have you heard anything from the dealers yet about order status? Anyone follow-up with their dealers? Its been a few weeks. Wondering how long it takes for the dealer to know specifics like order #, ETA, etc.
Just posting this again... has anyone heard updates yet from dealers?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1164 posts
701 upvotes
Perth
neptune wrote: Just posting this again... has anyone heard updates yet from dealers?
All I know right now, is that mine will be delivered to the Ottawa area in June sometime which puts it on the 8-12 week schedule.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
sneaky wrote: All I know right now, is that mine will be delivered to the Ottawa area in June sometime which puts it on the 8-12 week schedule.
Ford must be confused with all the orders for the electric focus.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3712 posts
3793 upvotes
Toronto
xrvr wrote: Used Ikea fast DC charger this morning again, before going to work.
Took one double-double and 20 minutes of checking social media.

Up 43% in 20mins, pretty good!
Peeons with power trips. LOL
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2412 posts
970 upvotes
invinci wrote: Looks like there's so much space in the front seat area, not sure why the battery wasn't put in there. That might've saved the trunk space.
This remind me to ask if it worth to get electric only model, namely get a purposely built electric car.
It seems FFE is only a swap-over car, that many chassis and body structure retain the gas model, and rolling centre weight distribution are not optimized.
Battery is the heaviest (most densely) part, it should be located well at the bottom of chassis.
<signature removed>
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2218 posts
764 upvotes
Halton
napoleonbot wrote: This remind me to ask if it worth to get electric only model, namely get a purposely built electric car.
It seems FFE is only a swap-over car, that many chassis and body structure retain the gas model, and rolling centre weight distribution are not optimized.
Battery is the heaviest (most densely) part, it should be located well at the bottom of chassis.
Utilizing existing chassis and design = cost savings = cheaper car. Compared to purpose-built EVs like Leaf, Tesla, Bolt, etc. - those are considerably more for the same features/options partly because of the bespoke design.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4193 posts
2224 upvotes
Niagara
napoleonbot wrote: This remind me to ask if it worth to get electric only model, namely get a purposely built electric car.
EVs that have been designed from the ground up do tend to have the batteries laid along the floor (Teslas, i3 and the bolt come to mind quickly). It really helps for keeping a low centre of gravity and very even weight distribution. Though in general they are more expensive these cars.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5853 posts
2602 upvotes
sneaky wrote: All I know right now, is that mine will be delivered to the Ottawa area in June sometime which puts it on the 8-12 week schedule.
How do you know this, was this info provided by your salesperson?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)