• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2018 8:25 pm
Mar 3, 2004
307 posts
49 upvotes
Brampton
UNDFTDss wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 8:10 pm
Good news everyone, I emailed Elmec, makers of EVDuty EVC30, asking about a potential group buy for a Level 2 EVSE Charging Station. Eric, the Sales and Business Development Manager, has replied back offering a $75 discount per unit = $725. As per the MTO website, this unit is eligible for rebate of 50%. If anybody is interested, please PM me so I can get this set up in the near future.
Is this for the NEMA 6-50 plug-in model?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1669 posts
265 upvotes
guessguy wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 8:24 pm
interested. Any chance we can get the $20 shipping charge waived?
I'm going to ask about this because I want it to be waived too.
notchy wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 8:41 pm
PM sent.

How much items would you have to order to get the $75 discount? He would have had a number in his head to work out the discount.
I told him we have a group likely between 5-10 people.
wrcfocus wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 8:56 pm
Is this for the NEMA 6-50 plug-in model?
neptune wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 10:03 pm
According to the product description, it's the plug-in model:
I think this is correct, the 4th image looks like a plug to me but I can double check.
Oct 19, 2009
143 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I will be interested if I go ahead with my order. The PDF manual on the site is for the old model and it shows the unit comes in multiple variants, with and without the NEMA 6-50 plug. We need to clarify if that plug, which makes the unit portable, still qualifies the EVSE for both the ON purchase and installation rebates. The conditions of the rebates give ON govt. the option of visiting your site within 1yr to confirm the equipment has not been sold or removed.

I was puzzled about the difference b/n the old and new model EVSE until I saw this on the page, (not that I think it is an important option)...

"FUTURE UPGRADING OPTION (coming soon)

It will eventually be possible to "upgrade" your non-smart EVC30 charging station to a smart version with the purchase of a kit including a new electronic circuit, an instruction sheet and the license agreement. This option will only be available on the new model (not on the original EVC30T). The price and date of release of the kit are not yet determined."

Given the staggered nature of the FFE delivery for us, perhaps your sales guy will agree to a simple $75 price reduction for anyone who mentions this thread when ordering. He will still get the total volume, probably more.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1123 posts
146 upvotes
Milton
mwmsnow wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 6:38 am
I will be interested if I go ahead with my order. The PDF manual on the site is for the old model and it shows the unit comes in multiple variants, with and without the NEMA 6-50 plug. We need to clarify if that plug, which makes the unit portable, still qualifies the EVSE for both the ON purchase and installation rebates. The conditions of the rebates give ON govt. the option of visiting your site within 1yr to confirm the equipment has not been sold or removed.
Both variants (hardwired and plug-in) qualify for rebate. The model number is the same and its on the list.
Mar 13, 2015
20 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa, On
How does this Elmec compare to other Level II chargers on the market? It appears some of them already have smart charging capability (the ability to program charging times etc). So if that's the case, why go with this?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2657 posts
533 upvotes
Hamilton
chewpickman wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 8:34 am
How does this Elmec compare to other Level II chargers on the market? It appears some of them already have smart charging capability (the ability to program charging times etc). So if that's the case, why go with this?
The wifi connected EVSEs I'm aware of are ChargePoint ($1000), Flo X5 ($1300) which qualify for the rebate in Ontario and the JuiceBox options (which I believe are less than $1000 but do not quality for the rebate). Are there any others you've come across?

I have the ChargePoint myself, but at the end of the day they'll all do the same thing (depending on amperage/output of course). I'd say the reason to go with the EVDuty is that it's the least expensive 30A EVSE that also qualifies for the rebate. Also to note - if the vehicle has the ability to schedule charging, then it doesn't matter as much for the EVSE to need it.
Jan 18, 2012
694 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
UNDFTDss wrote:
Good news everyone, I emailed Elmec, makers of EVDuty EVC30, asking about a potential group buy for a Level 2 EVSE Charging Station. Eric, the Sales and Business Development Manager, has replied back offering a $75 discount per unit = $725. As per the MTO website, this unit is eligible for rebate of 50%. If anybody is interested, please PM me so I can get this set up in the near future.
Good job and thanks for doing this, I'll be interested in the group buy as well.
Mar 13, 2015
20 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa, On
OK this makes sense. I'm in for the Elmec EVDuty group buy.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1009 posts
182 upvotes
neptune wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 12:11 pm
At least 3 dealers have said yes to me. So its possible in as much as the dealer wants to do it. If they refuse, move to the next dealer.
And the delivery allowance?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1669 posts
265 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
Getting lots of interest already. Keep them coming, hopefully it'll simply be a discount code we apply at checkout.

PM me with your email if you're interested so I can make a list of participants.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
3887 posts
305 upvotes
UNDFTDss wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 1:28 pm
Getting lots of interest already. Keep them coming, hopefully it'll simply be a discount code we apply at checkout.

PM me with your email if you're interested so I can make a list of participants.
PM sent
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9955 posts
597 upvotes
Mississauga
Why not got for the GE's from Costco? Better warranty and pretty much the same price.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1249 posts
373 upvotes
I might be interested, we have to be careful not to buy outside of 3 months before getting our cars though.

What is the advantages to this one versus anything else?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19565 posts
2153 upvotes
Montreal
chewpickman wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 8:34 am
That functionality was useless for me. The Volt allows setting charge times and schedules directly. The wifi Onstar app can control charge functions. I imagine ford can do the same.