Automotive

The Ford Focus Electric Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2024 5:40 pm
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
firetech123 wrote: That's not bad aximrocks! I should call Ford Canada tomorrow to see if July 25th date makes sense. June 19th is more reasonable Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Considering the car is made in Michigan, it'll take longer time to get it to BC.
Dec 28, 2007
42 posts
5 upvotes
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is in a position to help out...looking for a Ford Autoshow Coupon from the Edmonton Motor Show this weekemd?

Thanks for your help!

Charles
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
I would pay you or donate to a charity of your choice for an Auto Show Ford coupon.
Last edited by Kursor17 on Apr 22nd, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3237 posts
4475 upvotes
Toronto
I have a good friend of mine who works at the Edmonton autoshow.
Tomorrow is the last day, BTW.
And Vancouver is already done.
PM me for his email, if you still want to get $750 coupon.
Feb 19, 2017
541 posts
396 upvotes
Is anyone else concerned about the safety of the battery pack placement in the car? I'm not comfortable - perhaps irrationally so - with so much weight/stored energy being located directly behind the rear passengers. In most EVs the batteries are under the passenger compartment cabin, so there's an extra layer of steel protection. With the FFE the only protection is the casing the batteries are housed in, which from videos I've seen seems to be checkplate. In rear-end collision, what happens to the battery pack? Will it be pushed into the rear-passengers? Will it explode?
Sep 11, 2009
351 posts
37 upvotes
Thornhill
What information does need to provide to get the Ford coupon?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3237 posts
4475 upvotes
Toronto
While I was shopping for my car, I've visited few Ford dealerships in GTA.
Every one of them had in the showroom $50k Focus RS.
Looking at the Ford inventory, there's at least 36 of these in the GTA alone.
I think I saw one in the wild.
So, why dealerships stock up on these expensive and somewhat silly cars, (who wants to spend that much money on the Focus?)
and wouldn't order FFE's, which are being sold almost right away?
I hope the 2017 being new model, they will ramp up production soon enough, so they can have at least couple in stock.

RS
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3712 posts
3793 upvotes
Toronto
xrvr wrote: While I was shopping for my car, I've visited few Ford dealerships in GTA.
Every one of them had in the showroom $50k Focus RS.
Looking at the Ford inventory, there's at least 36 of these in the GTA alone.
I think I saw one in the wild.
So, why dealerships stock up on these expensive and somewhat silly cars, (who wants to spend that much money on the Focus?)
and wouldn't order FFE's, which are being sold almost right away?
I hope the 2017 being new model, they will ramp up production soon enough, so they can have at least couple in stock.

RS
Simple...Sex sells!

The RS is on sexy beast. Customer may come in to look at the RS but is turned off by the price and purchase an ST instead.

Hard to sell a basic Focus after seeing the FFE and customer wanting ICE Focus for more price!
Peeons with power trips. LOL
Apr 7, 2017
13 posts
You sure it's sold? Looks like they had two of them and only one listed as sold on website.
Sep 11, 2009
351 posts
37 upvotes
Thornhill
You are more than welcome to come see the electric Focus but it as been sold so we cannot test drive. We also seem to not have any more units until Ford decides to give us more.

Kyle Pond
Sales & Leasing Consultant

User505802 wrote: You sure it's sold? Looks like they had two of them and only one listed as sold on website.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
rmtrmt wrote: You are more than welcome to come see the electric Focus but it as been sold so we cannot test drive. We also seem to not have any more units until Ford decides to give us more.

Kyle Pond
Sales & Leasing Consultant
Those are selling like hot cakes thanks to the government rebate. Is it true that waiting time is almost 6 months if buying now?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3237 posts
4475 upvotes
Toronto
Their system takes a while to update. Mine was listed as available for a few days, even thou my paper work was already approved.
Jun 12, 2016
715 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
Ford inventory system is very misleading. I've contacted several dealerships within GTA on their apparent "in-stock" showing of the FFE on Ford's inventory tool. A few sales employees are even surprised that it is showing as available on-line when they are firmly sold to customers. It is my belief that the inventory tool itself is to capture interest for potential customers to come and contact the dealership to drive traffic. For me, it was a big waste of time and really frustrating when you want to make a deal then being told that it is not available.
Mar 16, 2007
832 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
User505802 wrote: Got notified by Autotrader that Erinwood Ford in Mississauga has gold FFE in stock. http://erinwoodford.com/view/new-2017-f ... ic-136328/ It won't last long.
Avoid Erinwood Ford at Mississauga at all cost. Complete waste of time dealing with them. The worst quote I received for FFE by far. The difference was over $4K on total 3 year lease cost from the 2nd worst quote.
Feb 14, 2012
87 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa
Wondering what kind of chargers did you guys decide to purchase? Still thinking which one is the best, but not that expensive..
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
UPDATE for Elmec EVSE Group Buy, due to popularity, I have asked Elmec to increase the group limitation from 10 to 15.

1) UNDFTDss (myself)
2) neptune
3) Wrcfocus (code given)
4) Yugo
5) kijijis3lling
6) mwmsnow
7) notchy
8) dreaderus (Code given)
9) joshmxpx
10) LoveRFD
11) invinci
12) chew pick man (code given)
13) LauD14 (code given)
14) Poormanfletch
15) banban (code given)

Once again, let me know if you have changed your mind so I can give your spot to someone who wants the charger. And I'll PM you the code when it is closer to your pick-up date to minimize the risk of oversharing. Elmec has programmed the code so that it'll only work 15 times, so please do not share the code when I give it to you.
Last edited by UNDFTDss on Apr 25th, 2017 8:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Apr 23, 2017
171 posts
159 upvotes
Does anyone know of any dealerships with allotment remaining? Local dealers' are all spoken for. PM me. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)