[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19082 posts
2662 upvotes
Poormond Hill

2017 Honda CR-V

2017 Honda CR-V Gets 190HP 1.5L Turbo Four
Last year’s 2.4-liter naturally-aspirated four-cylinder engine returns producing 184 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque, but for the first time, the CR-V will be offered with a turbocharged gasoline engine, based on the 1.5-liter force-fed unit found in the Civic, massaged to deliver 190 horsepower and 179 lb-ft of torque in the SUV. Both units will be mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) with Honda G-Shift control logic, driving the front, or optionally, all-four wheels.
Last edited by sandikosh on Oct 13th, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
1528 replies
Nov 6, 2006
150 posts
39 upvotes
Coquitlam
Ugly and the power options make no sense. Honda sucks.
Nov 28, 2011
676 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
Finally I can say that I like the look for the CRV. Was not a huge fan of the previous few (didn't like the hump back). This is much nicer
Feb 26, 2016
450 posts
73 upvotes
i like the back a lot more. looks a bit sportier. the rear of previous model was too flat. still not a big fan of the shifter being elevated like that though.
May 21, 2008
524 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
Front looks like Outlander and back is meh. Love the dashboard though.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1890 posts
364 upvotes
wondering if they will ever fix the road noise issues....
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1041 posts
358 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
I guess Honda opened the boxy look from the old designed and found a much better designed
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2892 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto
That is one big pile of yuck. Interior looks decent and I like the integration of the big screen, but the exterior is a mess. Almost as ugly as the Rav4.
Dec 23, 2007
243 posts
28 upvotes
Hamilton
I wish they would put that 1.5L turbo motor in the Fit and call it a Fit Si and get it over with already. Stiffer suspension, bigger brakes and a 6sp manual and I'd be all over that.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16331 posts
1081 upvotes
Woodbridge
Not surprised that it now looks like a smaller version of the new Pilot. Even going with the Turbo isn't shocking.

I wish companies would stop doing this. I get they want to establish a face, the front design wise but the even the interior as well?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26289 posts
6099 upvotes
GTHA
Little Tim wrote:
Oct 13th, 2016 2:15 pm
That is one big pile of yuck. Interior looks decent and I like the integration of the big screen, but the exterior is a mess. Almost as ugly as the Rav4.
Crossover buyers don't care much about styling.
Honda did bring back the stereo volume knob!

"Inside, new goodies abound, including the return of — wait for it — the stereo volume knob! It’s safe to assume existing owners demanded it. Heavier use of soft-touch materials and upgraded stitching lends some class to the interior, while two new touchscreens should no doubt delight those who didn’t demand the return of the radio knob. A new navigation system by Garmin joins the content bucket for 2017, as does dual-zone climate control, rear USB charging ports and an electronic parking brake."
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/10/2017-hon/
May 5, 2016
335 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Looks pretty good. The interior looks better than the RDX. Confused about the engine choices though. Wouldn't both of them have around the same fuel economy? The only difference I would see is the turbo would have better mid-range punch.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11842 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
Have they fixed the idle issues on the CRV? I test drove the redesigned one and at a light, the idle was as bad as my first car (89 Dodge Spirit) and it didn't cost anywhere near what this does :)