• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 11:00 am
Dec 1, 2014
41 posts
18 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Some of you asked for pics of the Husky mats and Findway cargo liner. Here you go...

I think the Maxliners posted by @boldventure has better coverage in the front but rears looks the same. I'm going to keep my Huskys. I was going to get the TuxMats but didn't like the fact you had to secure all around with metal clips

The Findway cargo liner is great.

Next step - Corrosion Free this week!
WP_20171119_15_09_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20171119_15_09_46_Pro.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2017 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
JC69 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 12:24 am
I got the OEM winter mats. They seem fine to me and the dealer discounted them a bit. I have no clue why these things cost so much....they're just mats.
Same here, walked into the parts counter at a dealer and they gave me a discount. If memory serves correctly think it was 15% off.
Yes agree pricey, but at least the oems have CRV stamped into them! Lol
Nov 4, 2017
4 posts
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 3:04 pm
I got mine for $600 over invoice with a fair trade-in value of old car. I had another dealer ready to do $500 over invoice but trade-in wasn't as good.

He said even without trade-in, we would do about $500 over invoice so i think those deals are out there. Personally, a difference of $100 between a dealership close to me vs one on the other end of Toronto is not worth the commute and headaches... that's just me :)
Thanks FilaGuy!
Would you mind sharing the location of the dealership and name of the salesperson? (Could you pls pm me?)
I live in London Ontario, the lowest price I got was invoice + 900
I guess GTA dealerships have lower prices compared to my tiny city lol
Dec 1, 2014
41 posts
18 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I sent you a PM!
struki wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:47 pm
Thanks FilaGuy!
Would you mind sharing the location of the dealership and name of the salesperson? (Could you pls pm me?)
I live in London Ontario, the lowest price I got was invoice + 900
I guess GTA dealerships have lower prices compared to my tiny city lol
Jul 22, 2015
299 posts
58 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 8:44 am
I sent you a PM!
Can I get that info too please and thank you!
Dec 14, 2007
29 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Biff88 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:29 pm
Same here, walked into the parts counter at a dealer and they gave me a discount. If memory serves correctly think it was 15% off.
Yes agree pricey, but at least the oems have CRV stamped into them! Lol
I ordered a set of 3D MAXpiderMat front and rear from Costco, they are really sharp looking mats. The fit and coverage is excellent compared to the OEM Honda mats I purchased from dealer. They should provide much better protection over the coming winter months. If I new about the 3D MAXpider mats I wouldn’t have purchased the Honda mats they cost me a lot more, but provides less coverage, but to be fair Honda also provided me with nice rear tray.

The material and texture of the 3D MAXpiderMat mats seem to be a kind of a in between solution, not as rugged looking as Husky or WeatherTech mats and not soft as OEM carpet mats.

The 3D Maxpider mats seems to combines good looks, durability with excellent functionality. Well we will have to see how they hold up to are Canadian winters. One more thing I like is they provide some plastic caps to keep any water out of the driver side mat hold down clips. BTW they come with a 3 year warranty.

The Honda OEM mats texture is more rubbery pretty good quality and has the CRV logo, but doesn't really provide good coverage. I think snow, salt and water would get into the carpet especially around the gas peddle. I plan on using them during summer months they should do the job. Check out the photo.

My son ordered me a set for a gift and now I have extra set, still sealed in a box. If anyone wants a set of the 3D MAXpiderMats front and rear for 2017 or 2018 Honda CRV. Send me message. Otherwise I will just return them for a refund, from what understand seems these mats are sold out at this time. I will hang on to the mats for a couple of weeks, just in case someone needs them, before returning them.

If you would like them my only request other for paying for the mats, is you will have to pay for shipping or pick them up.

3D MAXpiderMat™ Floor Liner Item #393507 $189.99 plus tax. Total $214.69
Images
  • DSC08205.JPG
  • DSC08210.JPG
Dec 1, 2014
41 posts
18 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Just had my car rustproofed with Corrosion Free at SK Automotive in Oakville. I picked them because of high google reviews and when I talked to the guy on the phone he said they take their time doing it to have it done right.

Super great guys...I only went with the underbody treatment (basic package) and it took them a solid 1.5 hours. They removed all of the underbody shielding to make sure the rustproofing got to critical parts where you really need it.

Bonus: They have quite a few '60s muscle cars they are working on ;)
Jul 25, 2009
28 posts
6 upvotes
I am planning to purchase 2018 Honda CR-V (the base model). I went to the dealership today and they priced it around 31500 including the taxes if I pay cash. Is this price fair? Could you share your best offer for the same model?
Sep 13, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
edmonton
My CRV is only around 1450km and I’m getting lots of sensor and system error. All the orange icon you see in the picture is the error I’m getting in the screen when it scroll. Have anyone else getting this issue?
Images
  • 92370EF6-5EEA-4BF9-9304-B2BECB3681D8.jpeg
Nov 19, 2011
2 posts
Toronto
braveblade wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:57 pm
It's 34K all in for ex-trim. I'm in AB so only 5% tax. And the dealer is no longer willing to beat my price. Guess 2017 CRV sells out quick now.

The difference I mentioned is before the rebates. So final price is invoice - 300.
Before 750 rebate, I got 300 over invoice price. 1800 for 4 years extended warranty. 44000 on the road for touring.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2631 posts
474 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
syder wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 6:19 pm
My CRV is only around 1450km and I’m getting lots of sensor and system error. All the orange icon you see in the picture is the error I’m getting in the screen when it scroll. Have anyone else getting this issue?
Is this 2017 or 2018?

Read several similar complaints on 2017 models so wondering if fixed for 2018.

Some suggested to disconnect battery for few mins BUT would that not be a potential electronics damage issue? Before trying that perhaps see what dealer does.
Sep 13, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
edmonton
georvu wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:11 pm
Is this 2017 or 2018?

Read several similar complaints on 2017 models so wondering if fixed for 2018.

Some suggested to disconnect battery for few mins BUT would that not be a potential electronics damage issue? Before trying that perhaps see what dealer does.
It's the 2017 model, I don't think there's a fix for this issue yet. Will bring my CRV to dealer tomorrow
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2631 posts
474 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
syder wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:56 pm
It's the 2017 model, I don't think there's a fix for this issue yet. Will bring my CRV to dealer tomorrow
This was posted in a crv forum:

A loose or disconnected battery can do that. I bet a low voltage condition could do it too.

Is your 2017 in the VIN range for the 'Dead Battery' software update?

I had this happen once and disconnecting the negative battery post reset everything. I now have 12000 miles and haven't had anymore problems.

Search here: http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137 ... etc-gen-5/

Good luck.
May 23, 2007
335 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know if there's any 2017s left in Ottawa?