• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 11:48 am
Sep 17, 2011
19 posts
1 upvote
THORNHILL
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 5:17 pm
Just had my car rustproofed with Corrosion Free at SK Automotive in Oakville. I picked them because of high google reviews and when I talked to the guy on the phone he said they take their time doing it to have it done right.

Super great guys...I only went with the underbody treatment (basic package) and it took them a solid 1.5 hours. They removed all of the underbody shielding to make sure the rustproofing got to critical parts where you really need it.

Bonus: They have quite a few '60s muscle cars they are working on ;)
Did they drill any holes?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41518 posts
10203 upvotes
Sorry for this OT,

but how are people like the ACC with LSF?

It seems the 2016 Civics have some issue where the ACC will decelerate quickly from say 45 to 35 when a car cuts in front of you.

People mentioned that previous gen Honda Sensing (ACC with no LSF) on the 16/17 Accord as not as good.
Dec 22, 2008
759 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
syder wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 6:19 pm
My CRV is only around 1450km and I’m getting lots of sensor and system error. All the orange icon you see in the picture is the error I’m getting in the screen when it scroll. Have anyone else getting this issue?
If you go into settings and do a TPS recalibration does the TPS sign go away?
Sep 13, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
edmonton
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 4:30 pm
If you go into settings and do a TPS recalibration does the TPS sign go away?
Technician tried to clear all codes and performed factory battery reset but error will not clear. They had to call Honda engineer to figure it out. SRS control unit had to be replaced.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2447 posts
554 upvotes
Got my winter tires changed at kal tire today. When I picked up my vehicle I noticed the tech at kaltire turned on the ACC + LKRS for me. I have not yet used these features. Why do they do that? They also turned on the radio which I don't mind.
Dec 22, 2008
759 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
braveblade wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 3:20 pm
Got my winter tires changed at kal tire today. When I picked up my vehicle I noticed the tech at kaltire turned on the ACC + LKRS for me. I have not yet used these features. Why do they do that? They also turned on the radio which I don't mind.
maybe he was just looking at the features and testing the radio. Or he might have assumed you turned off those features and radio when bringing your car in. Or when you change tires the Tire pressure warning will go off and he was hitting buttons trying to clear it and eventually found it in the dock screen settings.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2447 posts
554 upvotes
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 3:47 pm
maybe he was just looking at the features and testing the radio. Or he might have assumed you turned off those features and radio when bringing your car in. Or when you change tires the Tire pressure warning will go off and he was hitting buttons trying to clear it and eventually found it in the dock screen settings.
Thanks! Also there are some dirty footprints at the door panels. I had to wipe them off. They don't seem to care your brand new car like the tech at dealer's place do.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3789 posts
460 upvotes
Montreal
How do you guys like the CRV's suspension ? Is it soft enough to handle the potholes in Montréal? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2213 posts
428 upvotes
Kingston
cn_habs wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 7:46 pm
How do you guys like the CRV's suspension ? Is it soft enough to handle the potholes in Montréal? Thanks.
It's not a magic carpet but it's not a boneshaker either.
Dec 1, 2014
41 posts
18 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Agree - if you are coming from a luxury car (lexus, acura, etc...), ride is maybe not as smooth or quiet but this new gen CR-V is leaps and bounds better than previous iterations. The CR-V does have a nice overall ride and I wouldn't consider the Montreal roads a factor in the buying process.

The quality of the tires also plays into overall ride quality. I'm likely going to swap to Micheline LTX in the spring and sell the OEM tires on kijiji.
JC69 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 7:54 pm
It's not a magic carpet but it's not a boneshaker either.
Dec 1, 2014
41 posts
18 upvotes
Burlington, ON
No holes.

[/quote]Did they drill any holes?[/quote]
Dec 22, 2008
759 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 7:59 pm
Agree - if you are coming from a luxury car (lexus, acura, etc...), ride is maybe not as smooth or quiet but this new gen CR-V is leaps and bounds better than previous iterations. The CR-V does have a nice overall ride and I wouldn't consider the Montreal roads a factor in the buying process.

The quality of the tires also plays into overall ride quality. I'm likely going to swap to Micheline LTX in the spring and sell the OEM tires on kijiji.
Even on my 17" lauffen winter tires, The ride is smooth imho.

better than most SUVs. And agreed you cant compare to acuras or lexus. You have to compare to Rav4s, Rogues, etc
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5427 posts
289 upvotes
TO
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 5:47 pm
Even on my 17" lauffen winter tires, The ride is smooth imho.

better than most SUVs. And agreed you cant compare to acuras or lexus. You have to compare to Rav4s, Rogues, etc
Just curious how did you and others here found the ride of 2017/18 Rogue? I will be checking it out this weekend but my heart is set on CRV for now. My cousin recently leased the touring 17 edition and i loved the ride along with inside space.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Dec 22, 2008
759 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 5:56 pm
Just curious how did you and others here found the ride of 2017/18 Rogue? I will be checking it out this weekend but my heart is set on CRV for now. My cousin recently leased the touring 17 edition and i loved the ride along with inside space.
Never test drove the 2017 Rogue myself. I drove 2016 Rogue and wasnt impressed. Same ride comfort as my 2006 altima at times.

Before settling on a CRV i drove a 2017 Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain, VW Tiguain.

I liked the CRV interior and ride comfort the most.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

phoenix4819