• Aug 15th, 2018 12:41 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3313 posts
688 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Pete_Coach wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 8:27 am
Could have been several factors including engine type in the vehicle and could easily be tire brand and/or size. There are different brands of tires on the vehicles, even on the same model. My Touring came with Hankook but there was a touring in the showroom that had Continentals.
This most likely.

If testing 2017/2018 models then same engine in all [unless tested in USA where base LX had 2.4 engine]
Dec 1, 2014
52 posts
20 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Agreed - I was thinking tire brand and inflation. If I didn't do a 2nd test drive, I may not have ended up with a CR-V.
georvu wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 10:42 am
This most likely.

If testing 2017/2018 models then same engine in all [unless tested in USA where base LX had 2.4 engine]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3313 posts
688 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
FilaGuy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:08 am
Agreed - I was thinking tire brand and inflation. If I didn't do a 2nd test drive, I may not have ended up with a CR-V.
FWD LX or AWD LX?

2017 or 2018?

Price competitive if 2018?
Dec 1, 2014
52 posts
20 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Not sure what you're asking but I'll bite :)

I test drove only 2017 models but purchased a 2018 model (LX 2WD). I think I got a good price and overall happy with purchase.
georvu wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:14 am
FWD LX or AWD LX?

2017 or 2018?

Price competitive if 2018?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3313 posts
688 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
FilaGuy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:35 pm
Not sure what you're asking but I'll bite :)

I test drove only 2017 models but purchased a 2018 model (LX 2WD). I think I got a good price and overall happy with purchase.
Thanks.
Just wanted to find out if dealerships are discounting 2018 models and for trim most folks seem to want AWD but I think 2WD with winter tires is a good buy as well.
Nov 4, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
boldventure wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 8:40 am
I got Maxiliner from Amazon, better cover on the sides
How do you like the Maxliner mats so far?
I think I will buy either Maxliner or Findway mats.
Nov 18, 2017
50 posts
8 upvotes
I used to overinflate my 2005 Prius' tires, which is recommended for hybrids to save fuel. It definitely made the ride harsher and a bit noisier.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1771 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto, ON
struki wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:21 pm
How do you like the Maxliner mats so far?
I think I will buy either Maxliner or Findway mats.
so far great, it covers the sides better which means less or no dirt on the carpet
Mar 14, 2006
799 posts
68 upvotes
Coquitlam
georvu wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:41 pm
Thanks.
Just wanted to find out if dealerships are discounting 2018 models and for trim most folks seem to want AWD but I think 2WD with winter tires is a good buy as well.
I am looking for a 2018 Honda CRV Touring here in Vancouver for a family member and I was just quoted from one Vancouver dealer $1,400 off MSRP of a 2018 CRV Touring with a $299 documentation fee with no other fees except the mandatory $125 air conditioner levy and the tire levy.
Dec 1, 2014
52 posts
20 upvotes
Burlington, ON
$299 doc fee sounds bogus to me unless required in Vancouver. In reality, dealer is giving you $1,101 off msrp by factoring in doc fee.

Stay focused on OTD for pricing...
Mar 14, 2006
799 posts
68 upvotes
Coquitlam
FilaGuy wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 12:17 pm
$299 doc fee sounds bogus to me unless required in Vancouver. In reality, dealer is giving you $1,101 off msrp by factoring in doc fee.

Stay focused on OTD for pricing...
How much off MSRP did you get off your 2018 LX 2 wheel drive excluding all mandatory government fees? That must be a very rare model you have I would imagine less than 5% of the CRV's sold in Canada are 2 wheel drive........
Dec 1, 2014
52 posts
20 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I was about $1,290 below MSRP or when looking at it from a different angle, $600 over invoice. There are others who have achieved $500 above Invoice and maybe better. The deals are out there...actually these aren't even deals... just a little bit of negotiation should net you around $750 over invoice without really trying.

I don't know about the rarity of a 2WD model (I'm sure it's not as common) but I just couldn't justify the $2,800 premium to get AWD and Honda Sensing Technologies.

I do see plenty of Touring models on the road and can't imagine spending that much money on a depreciating asset. More importantly, the Canadian LX is WAY better than the US spec LX. Here's why:

1. Canada LX gets 1.5L turbo (US gets old 2.4L)
2. Canada LX gets digital dash (US get a standard dash found in most other cars)
3. Canada LX gets upgraded stereo (US gets a noticeably dated looking and crappier stereo with big knobs)
4. Canada LX gets painted mirrors and door handles (US gets black.... makes it look cheap!)
5. There's a few more but can't think of them... heated mirrors maybe..

I kinda derailed my reply with a rant on the LX :) It's all about the dollar and cents these days and I'm on a F.I.R.E. journey.. just not too hardcore!
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:00 pm
How much off MSRP did you get off your 2018 LX 2 wheel drive excluding all mandatory government fees? That must be a very rare model you have I would imagine less than 5% of the CRV's sold in Canada are 2 wheel drive........
Mar 14, 2006
799 posts
68 upvotes
Coquitlam
FilaGuy wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:51 pm
I was about $1,290 below MSRP or when looking at it from a different angle, $600 over invoice. There are others who have achieved $500 above Invoice and maybe better. The deals are out there...actually these aren't even deals... just a little bit of negotiation should net you around $750 over invoice without really trying.

I don't know about the rarity of a 2WD model (I'm sure it's not as common) but I just couldn't justify the $2,800 premium to get AWD and Honda Sensing Technologies.

I do see plenty of Touring models on the road and can't imagine spending that much money on a depreciating asset. More importantly, the Canadian LX is WAY better than the US spec LX. Here's why:

1. Canada LX gets 1.5L turbo (US gets old 2.4L)
2. Canada LX gets digital dash (US get a standard dash found in most other cars)
3. Canada LX gets upgraded stereo (US gets a noticeably dated looking and crappier stereo with big knobs)
4. Canada LX gets painted mirrors and door handles (US gets black.... makes it look cheap!)
5. There's a few more but can't think of them... heated mirrors maybe..

I kinda derailed my reply with a rant on the LX :) It's all about the dollar and cents these days and I'm on a F.I.R.E. journey.. just not too hardcore!
I guess everyone has a different perspective on value for the dollar especially when it comes to safety. I didn't realize the 2 wheel drive CRV didn't come with the Honda Sensing safety package and for $2,800 for Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning and Collision Mitigation Braking System and all wheel drive I think it is a bargain. It is a shame Honda Canada didn't have the Honda Sensing safety package standard for all CRV's. I think that is much more important for a mainstream family hauler than painted mirrors and painted door handles......
Mar 28, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
I am planning to purchase 2018 Honda CR-V touring. I went to the dealership today and they priced it $43,272.61(include tax)in vancouver BC. it is finance. is it lower price?

Could you share your best offer for the same model?

and another dealer give me new offer "You can also buy RDX at that price." ?

how about RDX?
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
31628 posts
8039 upvotes
GTHA
ga5060 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:15 am
and another dealer give me new offer "You can also buy RDX at that price." ?

how about RDX?
The current RDX model is in its last year. Best thing to do read the other RDX threads and go check it out in person.

The Acura RDX continues into 2018 unchanged, and that has pretty much been the case since the rework in 2012. In many instances this could be considered a negative, but in this case that is not — it continues to offer a well-crafted cabin with all the right equipment, especially in the range-topping Elite. Just about everything Acura offers is standard — all the desirable power equipment along with eight-way power and heated/cooled leather-wrapped front seats, heated outboard rear seats, a 410-watt sound system with 10 speakers, navigation and AcuraLink connectivity. With the rear seats upright, the RDX accommodates two adults comfortably with 739 litres of cargo space left behind. Fold the 60/40-split seat down and the capacity grows to 2,178L.
from http://driving.ca/acura/rdx/auto-news/n ... t-for-less