• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 11:48 am
Mar 14, 2006
779 posts
49 upvotes
Coquitlam
FilaGuy wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:51 pm
I was about $1,290 below MSRP or when looking at it from a different angle, $600 over invoice. There are others who have achieved $500 above Invoice and maybe better. The deals are out there...actually these aren't even deals... just a little bit of negotiation should net you around $750 over invoice without really trying.

I don't know about the rarity of a 2WD model (I'm sure it's not as common) but I just couldn't justify the $2,800 premium to get AWD and Honda Sensing Technologies.

I do see plenty of Touring models on the road and can't imagine spending that much money on a depreciating asset. More importantly, the Canadian LX is WAY better than the US spec LX. Here's why:

1. Canada LX gets 1.5L turbo (US gets old 2.4L)
2. Canada LX gets digital dash (US get a standard dash found in most other cars)
3. Canada LX gets upgraded stereo (US gets a noticeably dated looking and crappier stereo with big knobs)
4. Canada LX gets painted mirrors and door handles (US gets black.... makes it look cheap!)
5. There's a few more but can't think of them... heated mirrors maybe..

I kinda derailed my reply with a rant on the LX :) It's all about the dollar and cents these days and I'm on a F.I.R.E. journey.. just not too hardcore!
I guess everyone has a different perspective on value for the dollar especially when it comes to safety. I didn't realize the 2 wheel drive CRV didn't come with the Honda Sensing safety package and for $2,800 for Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning and Collision Mitigation Braking System and all wheel drive I think it is a bargain. It is a shame Honda Canada didn't have the Honda Sensing safety package standard for all CRV's. I think that is much more important for a mainstream family hauler than painted mirrors and painted door handles......
Mar 28, 2017
2 posts
I am planning to purchase 2018 Honda CR-V touring. I went to the dealership today and they priced it $43,272.61(include tax)in vancouver BC. it is finance. is it lower price?

Could you share your best offer for the same model?

and another dealer give me new offer "You can also buy RDX at that price." ?

how about RDX?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26953 posts
6407 upvotes
GTHA
ga5060 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:15 am

how about RDX?
The current RDX model is in its last year. Best thing to do read the other RDX threads and go check it out in person.

The Acura RDX continues into 2018 unchanged, and that has pretty much been the case since the rework in 2012. In many instances this could be considered a negative, but in this case that is not — it continues to offer a well-crafted cabin with all the right equipment, especially in the range-topping Elite. Just about everything Acura offers is standard — all the desirable power equipment along with eight-way power and heated/cooled leather-wrapped front seats, heated outboard rear seats, a 410-watt sound system with 10 speakers, navigation and AcuraLink connectivity. With the rear seats upright, the RDX accommodates two adults comfortably with 739 litres of cargo space left behind. Fold the 60/40-split seat down and the capacity grows to 2,178L.
from http://driving.ca/acura/rdx/auto-news/n ... t-for-less
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41566 posts
10225 upvotes
I like the way the RDX looks. Too bad Honda removed SH-AWD from it and too bad one CUV (RAV4H) in my household is one too plenty. :)
Mar 14, 2006
779 posts
49 upvotes
Coquitlam
ga5060 wrote:
I am planning to purchase 2018 Honda CR-V touring. I went to the dealership today and they priced it $43,272.61(include tax)in vancouver BC. it is finance. is it lower price?

how about RDX?
$43;272 is that the on the road price after all fees and taxes for a 2018 Touring CRV? If yes, that seems like a good price because I was quoted $43,900 on the road by another dealer in Vancouver for a 2018 Touring CRV. Would you mind please sending me a PM of the salesperson’s name and the dealership.
Mar 14, 2006
779 posts
49 upvotes
Coquitlam
ga5060 wrote:

how about RDX?
Here is my perspective keeping in mind I have not driven the 2018 CRV and my wife has a 2017 RDX which she loves....from what I have seen from the reviews of the CRV I like that it is based on a newer platform, has I believe a more updated Honda Sensing safety package with better adaptive cruise control, has Apple play and android auto and gets better gas mileage using regular unleaded gas. What I like more about the RDX is it has a 6 cylinder engine instead of 4 cylinder turbo (with gas mileage penalty) and a 6 speed auto transmisssion which some people like more than the CVT in the CRV. I believe there is a $5000 December incentive on the Acura RDX which may as you heard equalize the price between the 2 so if the price were equal I would lean towards the Honda CRV.
May 3, 2011
95 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
I understand the windshield heater feature is on the Canadian version. Is this on all trim levels?
Mar 14, 2006
779 posts
49 upvotes
Coquitlam
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:26 am
$43;272 is that the on the road price after all fees and taxes for a 2018 Touring CRV? If yes, that seems like a good price because I was quoted $43,900 on the road by another dealer in Vancouver for a 2018 Touring CRV. Would you mind please sending me a PM of the salesperson’s name and the dealership.
Just an update as of December 5,2017. I never got a PM from qa5060 in regards to confirming if his $43,272 price was an on the road price for a 2018 CRV Touring and which Vancouver dealer gave him that quote. I heard back from the Vancouver dealer that gave me the original quote last week and he has revised his on the road price down from $43,900 to $43,600 which is $1,170 over invoice or $1,400 off MSRP. I will be in contact with the dealer again to see if he can reduce the price by a few hundred more dollars......
May 5, 2006
194 posts
6 upvotes
Ajax
For those in the West GTA, I just did a deal for a family member on a 2017 Lunar Silver CRV EX at Cambridge Honda. It was a demo model with only 1,200 kms, so it's essentially brand new. We initially got a $1000 discount, and another $1000 discount because of the 1,200 kms. In addition, the 2017 has some pretty good incentives - it's a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than the 2018, has a $750 rebate, and 1% cheaper finance rates (2.49% over 48 months versus 3.49%).

Cambridge Honda has 1 more CRV EX demo in Obsidian Blue Pearl. If that colour works for you, I would jump on this deal and also ask for a $2000 discount.

The dealership also has a brand new CRV EX in Crystal Black Pearl. However, this is not a demo, so you will only get a $1000 discount.

If you are trading in a vehicle, then I would definitely go to Cambridge Honda. They gave us the best trade in value when I traded in an Accord Coupe for a Civic Touring Coupe earlier this year, and when my brother-in-law traded in his Tribute for the CRV EX. We both live in Durham Region, but did the deal at Cambridge Honda, because they gave us both a good discount and generous trade in.

With some other dealerships, they may give you a good discount upfront, but low ball you on the trade in. Or, they may give you a good price on your trade in, but very little discount from MSRP. It's a shell game. Not so at Cambridge Honda. They're a bit out of the way for people in the GTA, so they're very competitive. I personally think it's worth the drive there if you can save a lot of money. In my case, they offered me $750 more on my Accord Coupe trade in than a Toronto-based Honda dealership that I normally do business with.

Just call Cambridge Honda and ask for Kevin Mackenzie.
May 28, 2007
244 posts
52 upvotes
Peterborough
Mid November I was able to get a 2017 touring for $42,700 OTR. If I had more time I am sure I could have shaved a couple more hundred off. Happy with the deal though. To sign papers and pick up, I was at the dealer for a total of about 1 hour. Wife loves the vehicle! Purchased in East TO
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1215 posts
96 upvotes
Curioprop wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:14 pm
Mid November I was able to get a 2017 touring for $42,700 OTR. If I had more time I am sure I could have shaved a couple more hundred off. Happy with the deal though. To sign papers and pick up, I was at the dealer for a total of about 1 hour. Wife loves the vehicle! Purchased in East TO
for that price u couldahve move to a honda pilot or toyota highalnder?
May 28, 2007
244 posts
52 upvotes
Peterborough
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:27 am
So $300 over invoice is not a good price? Pilot and highlander are different class/size. Would that include all the bells and whistles of the touring? Are they as good on gas? Where should I have shopped? What about a fully loaded Rav4? Same price? What did you buy?? Enlighten us please.
Dec 4, 2017
1 posts
Hi, I'm also interested in the ex. Do you mind PM'ing me who at 7 Honda you spoke to please.

Thank You
May 26, 2005
110 posts
56 upvotes
Ontario
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:27 am
No, he couldn't have. I'm sure you weren't comparing the price of a CR-V Touring to the Pilot or Highlander base models. At equivalent trim level, invoice price on a Pilot Touring is $12K more than CR-V Touring, and Highlander Limited is $10K more than CR-V Touring. So even at invoice price, both of those would run you into the $53K range (including the $2500 rebate for the 2017 Pilot).
May 26, 2005
110 posts
56 upvotes
Ontario
Curioprop wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:51 pm
So $300 over invoice is not a good price? Pilot and highlander are different class/size. Would that include all the bells and whistles of the touring? Are they as good on gas? Where should I have shopped? What about a fully loaded Rav4? Same price? What did you buy?? Enlighten us please.
You got a pretty good deal, but unless my math is way off, you paid more than $300 over invoice. Using Honda.ca's listed mandatory fees and replacing MSRP with Invoice price, it looks like you paid over $900 above invoice (to get $42,700 OTR). The only thing not factored in below is the licencing fee as I don't know if you got new plates or transferred you plates over from your previous vehicle.

Dealer Invoice $35,610.00
Markup $944.00
Freight & PDl $1,725.00
Federal Alr Conditioner Fee $100.00
Tire Duty $16.50
OMVIC $10.00
Registering Agent fee $5.00
PPSA Registration fee $40.00
Environmental fee $1.00
Net Vehicle Price $38,451.50
13% HST $4,998.70
Honda Manufacturer Rebate -$750.00