• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 8:22 am
Mar 31, 2012
31 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
Deal check: 2017 LX AWD - 48 month lease with 20K/year. $187 tax in bi-weekly. One payment due on delivery.
Banned
Jan 10, 2016
175 posts
82 upvotes
Newmarket
rebel_rfd wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 5:24 pm
The Modern Steel looks pretty flat in comparison to the Gunmetal.

I liked the Gunmetal cause it was darker, meshed well with the plastic trim pieces on the exterior and would cast a different shade depending on the amount and type of light.

It looks very different in person!

So I took a look at gunmetal beside modern steel metallic and lunar silver metallic today. To me the gunmetal is the one that looks flat. The dirt also really shows on it. The silver looks a bit too flashy and bright for my tastes but the modern steel looks really refined. Interesting how we view all view things differently. I think modern steel it is.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1443 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
JKrioo wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 4:16 pm
So I took a look at gunmetal beside modern steel metallic and lunar silver metallic today. To me the gunmetal is the one that looks flat. The dirt also really shows on it. The silver looks a bit too flashy and bright for my tastes but the modern steel looks really refined. Interesting how we view all view things differently. I think modern steel it is.
Where did you see the Gunmetal? And under what conditions? I've been getting nonstop compliments on the Gunmetal since its arrived.

If you want a deal on a Touring Modern Steel get it from Midtown Honda. They have one in the showroom with the front aero, rear aero and running boards. That's is if you want those accessories they will likely give you a break on it since its not common for many customers to orde it fully outfitted like that.
Banned
Jan 10, 2016
175 posts
82 upvotes
Newmarket
rebel_rfd wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 4:34 pm
Where did you see the Gunmetal? And under what conditions? I've been getting nonstop compliments on the Gunmetal since its arrived.

If you want a deal on a Touring Modern Steel get it from Midtown Honda. They have one in the showroom with the front aero, rear aero and running boards. That's is if you want those accessories they will likely give you a break on it since its not common for many customers to orde it fully outfitted like that.
Saw it outdoor at Sisley alongside the other ones. A customer was picking it up. Brought a friend along and he didn't like it either. Each to his/her own. Maybe people are just being nice to you ;) I saw the modern steel metallic one at Midtown last week. I wouldn't even want the running boards for free. The aero's don't interest me at all but I could live with them if I had to. Given that I wouldn't pay any extra for them I would want a discount off the dealer invoice price (which has already been offered to me by another dealer) without those accessories. I highly doubt they would go for that even if I was interested. They might also want to keep it on the floor longer before letting it go.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1443 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
LoL, I've seen the Modern Steel for many years since it's a staple Honda color. I think it looks quite boring and liked the Gunmetal a lot due to its cooler tone. The different tones the Gunmetal would show based on the light appealed to me more than the generic Modern Steel color. I prefer the Toyota grey which is cooler than the Honda grey.

I suggested the aero packages only since I felt that it really polishes up the appeal of the Touring trim. After inclusion, you only have a few bare black plastic trim pieces. It does an amazing job in the rear as it really defines the exhaust area. This will be a 5+ year vehicle for me so I decided to get the most out of it, plus adding these parts later becomes an issue if you color has faded a bit due to improper paint protection.

If anyone is interested in getting their CR-V tinted, I can get is a mutli vehicle discount.

I'm taking mine into Auto Links in Scarborough to get the front tinted so it matches the rear and trunk windows.

Thanks
Dec 16, 2013
401 posts
45 upvotes
Vaughan
Hey guy got a quote for 30k all in for crv LX fWD.

Apparently this is a great price, any opinions?
Apr 15, 2012
75 posts
59 upvotes
AnthonyL140 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 11:58 am

Thats pretty good. i got my lx FWD for 30450 so 30k all in is a great deal! thats basically at the unhaggle dealer invoice price
Dec 16, 2013
401 posts
45 upvotes
Vaughan
Friend of mine knows someone at Honda, debating on crv or LX Civic 2017 for 24k or ex for 27k all in.

Civic has cheap lease rate vs crv 3.99 hmmm
Banned
Jan 10, 2016
175 posts
82 upvotes
Newmarket
rebel_rfd wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 10:47 am
LoL, I've seen the Modern Steel for many years since it's a staple Honda color. I think it looks quite boring and liked the Gunmetal a lot due to its cooler tone. The different tones the Gunmetal would show based on the light appealed to me more than the generic Modern Steel color. I prefer the Toyota grey which is cooler than the Honda grey.

I suggested the aero packages only since I felt that it really polishes up the appeal of the Touring trim. After inclusion, you only have a few bare black plastic trim pieces. It does an amazing job in the rear as it really defines the exhaust area. This will be a 5+ year vehicle for me so I decided to get the most out of it, plus adding these parts later becomes an issue if you color has faded a bit due to improper paint protection.

If anyone is interested in getting their CR-V tinted, I can get is a mutli vehicle discount.

I'm taking mine into Auto Links in Scarborough to get the front tinted so it matches the rear and trunk windows.

Thanks
And I think the gunmetal looks boring. It does nothing for me, nor do the aero packages. Thank God we all don't like the same thing. Diversity is wonderful.
Dec 16, 2014
712 posts
364 upvotes
AnthonyL140 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 11:58 am

that's a good price, the standard features are amazing

FWD is good enough for me, surprised not many people buying LX
Dec 16, 2013
401 posts
45 upvotes
Vaughan
Well it's for my parents, but yeah I think I got great prices for all 3 cars. Nice thing about the civic is they have .99 lease plus $750 rebates
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1443 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
karakoram wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:22 pm
that's a good price, the standard features are amazing

FWD is good enough for me, surprised not many people buying LX
Fine for lease, hard to resale if you buy out or finance. Folks prefer AWD in harsher Canadian cities that get snow here or there. And folks expect AWD when actively looking for a used CR-V.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

gskn4u