Automotive

2018/2019 Honda CR-V

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2023 11:05 am
Jun 5, 2017
3 posts
I bought CRV LX @ 34,900 + financed @ 1.99 for 3 years....

Block heater+all weather mats+tires warranty for 3 years+ oil changes included in this price...

bought in winnipeg, i was wondering if it was a good deal....
Last edited by Panks1986 on Jun 23rd, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 6, 2006
115 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Panks1986 wrote: I bought CRV LX @ 54,900 + financed @ 1.99 for 3 years....

Block heater+all weather mats+tires warranty for 3 years+ oil changes included in this price...

bought in winnipeg, i was wondering if it was a good deal....
I hope $54,900 is a typing mistake.
May 21, 2002
425 posts
124 upvotes
If for whatever reason someone is interested in their trade-in value of their '17 CRV Touring, I've been offered $32500 + taxes at a few dealerships (my buy price was $36000 + usual freight / tax)

Yep, I may be shopping my 2 month old CRV.. Nothing wrong with the car, its great and does everything well, just have a different need
Mar 4, 2008
796 posts
332 upvotes
BC
Has anyone got any deals on the $1,788 7year 130,000km extended warranty? Have heard of some folks being able to get $200 off...would like to add the extended warranty and want to know what to offer or try to bargain it down to.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
JimboD wrote: Has anyone got any deals on the $1,788 7year 130,000km extended warranty? Have heard of some folks being able to get $200 off...would like to add the extended warranty and want to know what to offer or try to bargain it down to.
If you have more than one dealer in your drivable area, request the $200 off after you made the deal on the price (before you sign anything) and if they do not give, be prepared to walk away. Remember that you are in command, you have the money and they want it.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Mar 4, 2008
796 posts
332 upvotes
BC
Pete_Coach wrote: If you have more than one dealer in your drivable area, request the $200 off after you made the deal on the price (before you sign anything) and if they do not give, be prepared to walk away. Remember that you are in command, you have the money and they want it.
Hey Pete, I bought my CRV just over a month ago and I was debating whether I wanted the extended warranty or not. Finally decided I do want it, just wondering what I should be offering for the 7 years, 130,000kms. Wondering if any others got any dealios.
May 21, 2008
921 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
Hope we did al-right on the deal. Signed 48 month lease for touring. We offered $38570 before tax (Includes freight and lease guard) and with our 2008 CRV trade-in, it came out $410/mo taxes-in.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1125 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
owner of CRV 2017 - How is your experience with the car? any rust issues?

For some reason consumer report they gave average rating for Honda CRV predictable reliability. But from what i know Honda is pretty reliable!!! anyone can comment on reliability of Honda.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
gskn4u wrote: owner of CRV 2017 - How is your experience with the car? any rust issues?

For some reason consumer report they gave average rating for Honda CRV predictable reliability. But from what i know Honda is pretty reliable!!! anyone can comment on reliability of Honda.
It's a 2017 so, probably no rust problems yet.
Honda is traditionally very reliable so "average" for Honda should be pretty good, but really, it is only a predictive rating for a 2017 model year.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1125 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: It's a 2017 so, probably no rust problems yet.
Honda is traditionally very reliable so "average" for Honda should be pretty good, but really, it is only a predictive rating for a 2017 model year.
thank you.

But I saw few posts in other forum that there was rust issue for new CRV's.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
gskn4u wrote: thank you.

But I saw few posts in other forum that there was rust issue for new CRV's.
Could have been rail dust they were speaking of. Could have been rust on the rotors too? Either one is quite common and not a problem that either a good wash or good braking will fix.
Dec 16, 2014
932 posts
519 upvotes
Easter Island
gskn4u wrote: For some reason consumer report they gave average rating for Honda CRV predictable reliability. But from what i know Honda is pretty reliable!!! anyone can comment on reliability of Honda.
being a brand new refresh, it will most definitely have problems. time will tell
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2583 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
gskn4u wrote: owner of CRV 2017 - How is your experience with the car? any rust issues?

I may be wrong, but I had thought that Consumer Reports gives any redesigned model an average rating until more historical reliability data becomes available for it.
Jul 19, 2007
194 posts
8 upvotes
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a Touring edition. Did anyone get a good deal in the Montreal area (i.e. close to dealer invoice)? If you can't share the info on the forum, I would appreciate a PM.

This thread has been really very helpful for my research. A big thank you to all who contributed.

Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
2576 posts
22 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: It's a 2017 so, probably no rust problems yet.

Definitely underbody rust. It's been discussed briefly in this thread I believe. Some pictures have also been posted.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
chinaman21 wrote: Definitely underbody rust. It's been discussed briefly in this thread I believe. Some pictures have also been posted.
What was discussed is a specific part rusting because it is made of uncoated steel, not underbody rust. Not a problem.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
chinaman21 wrote: Definitely underbody rust. It's been discussed briefly in this thread I believe. Some pictures have also been posted.
Suggest if overly concerned then go to a local dealership and check some of the CRVs there for similar.

The underbody rust was a door hinge or similar? Sounds familiar but can't remember what part it was.

Personally have seen rotors rust on many vehicles on dealer lot. Looks awful but once drive and brake... will be shiny again.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2003
1181 posts
247 upvotes
I want to get a white CRV EX or EX-L really soon. My car just written off by insurance. Wondering on how much you guys purchased either lease or finance. I am located in Surrey, BC

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)