2018/2019 Honda CR-V

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2023 11:05 am
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
I could also and come out and say I got $4000 off. Yeah. If anyone wants this kind of "one off" deal which cannot be applied to anyone else in the entire country, then that's my point. If anyone wants to know all the details (dealer, contact, etc) , hey ... sorry. I cannot say, that's a big secret.
Lovable wrote: Because it’s possible? This is technically the best deal you can get on a CRV based on everyone’s input in this thread. What is the point of your post?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4760 posts
383 upvotes
So the point is, it isn’t a one off. You need to find the right dealer.

Are you not understanding even if I mention the dealership they may not have stock?

Aren’t all deals on these Caracas YMMV? You don’t just walk in and demand something and expect to get it.

Still failing to see your point here.
Sep 12, 2003
683 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t understand why it’s so secretive. If they don’t have it, they could always transfer from a different location but that might cost a bit more. Shouldn’t people just post which store and contact info? So others could also get a similar deal? Isn’t that the objective of this forum?
Heatware: TheOneBarton
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
Do you suppose the dealer will sue you for posting the details here ? Do you think the dealer even know who you are in this forum ? If there are rfders who would like to know more details and yet I guess they cannot even pm you for it, given that you sound like you will not share the info at all. Lastly, of course I know everyone has to negotiate their own deals and finding their own cars, but if you can help others, then you have done your part in this forum. That's my added point.

Lovable wrote: So the point is, it isn’t a one off. You need to find the right dealer.

Are you not understanding even if I mention the dealership they may not have stock?

Aren’t all deals on these Caracas YMMV? You don’t just walk in and demand something and expect to get it.

Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
Question here: I picked up my cr-v last Friday. The oil change meter was at 50%. Now I have driven it for 6 days, and the oil change meter already dropped around 10%-15% (more closer to the "C" sign). Is it normal or I need to take it to the dealer to do a check up?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
new car ? you should take to dealer and have them check it out.
Nov 13, 2013
571 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Lovable wrote: So the point is, it isn’t a one off. You need to find the right dealer.

If you share dealer details where you got your deal, you will be helping the dealer make more sales and can even ask your dealer for some free oil changes. In other words, you have nothing to loose if you share dealer details here rather you will only gain. At least you will gain fellow RDF'ers respect for helping them find better deal. Thats why we all are here on this thread.

But off-course it all depends if you really got such a good deal and were not making up things as @booblehead mentioned.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
booblehead wrote: new car ? you should take to dealer and have them check it out.
Sorry I'm a noob. I just checked the oil life in the settings menu and it says oil life is 100%. But the meter reading at the left of front panel display shows around 40% to the `C ` sign. Is that oil life reading as well or its not?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
braveblade wrote: Sorry I'm a noob. I just checked the oil life in the settings menu and it says oil life is 100%. But the meter reading at the left of front panel display shows around 40% to the `C ` sign. Is that oil life reading as well or its not?
Have you read the owners manual?

This is the engine coolant temperature reading.
Last edited by tk1000 on Oct 4th, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: Have you read the owners manual?

This is the engine temperature reading.
Thanks!!!! You can clearly see I didn't read the manual... Stupid me!
And I assumed c means change and h means healthy...
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
braveblade wrote: Thanks!!!! You can clearly see I didn't read the manual... Stupid me!
And I assumed c means change and h means healthy...
No, 'C' means 'Celsius' and H means 'high'

From page 117 of owners manual

"Driving with the temperature gauge pointer in the
upper zone can cause serious engine damage. Pull
safely to the side of the road and allow engine
temperature to return to normal"

from page 440 of owner manual

Driving in Hilly Terrain
• Monitor your temperature gauge. If it nears the white (H) mark, turn off the
climate control system and reduce speed. Pull to the side of the road safely to cool
down the engine if necessary
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
I thought 'C' means clear to take off. 'H' Hyper speed launch is on standby mode. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

sorry. jk.
Feb 8, 2017
459 posts
261 upvotes
booblehead wrote: I thought 'C' means clear to take off. 'H' Hyper speed launch is on standby mode. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

sorry. jk.
that only applies to beige corollas
Sep 24, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
Friends,

For CR-V Touring model, I get Unhaggle invoice price + $550 (Dealer's margin) + Air tax ($100) + Freight ($1725) + HST in Ontario. Do you really think this a good bargain? Or I should try with more dealers far away from my home. Your input will be helpful.

Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
rbHondaCRV wrote: Friends,

For CR-V Touring model, I get Unhaggle invoice price + $550 (Dealer's margin) + Air tax ($100) + Freight ($1725) + HST in Ontario. Do you really think this a good bargain? Or I should try with more dealers far away from my home. Your input will be helpful.

Thank you.
Without $750 financial incentive?
Sep 24, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
$750 is standard from Honda. So yes, that I will get for Finance option.
Nov 13, 2013
571 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
rbHondaCRV wrote: $750 is standard from Honda. So yes, that I will get for Finance option.
If I am not mistaken this $750 incentive(for finance) is after taxes, right? I am still in the buying process, so wont comment if its a good deal or not..... but based on other RFD'ers posts on this thread, $500 over invoice is the best deal (in GTA at least). I was offered $500 over invoice and winter mats(after some negotiations) for EXL.
Sep 24, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
ClarkMan wrote: If I am not mistaken this $750 incentive(for finance) is after taxes, right? I am still in the buying process, so wont comment if its a good deal or not..... but based on other RFD'ers posts on this thread, $500 over invoice is the best deal (in GTA at least). I was offered $500 over invoice and winter mats(after some negotiations) for EXL.
Yes $750 is after taxes. My deal is not final yet so I will try for winter mat. (who doesn't like free stuff Smiling Face With Open Mouth).

Thank you so much for input.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
rbHondaCRV wrote: Yes $750 is after taxes. My deal is not final yet so I will try for winter mat. (who doesn't like free stuff Smiling Face With Open Mouth).

Thank you so much for input.
Do not forget to ask for the truck tray as well. I thought truck tray is part of the mat set but when I picked my vehicle up the tray was not there, and sale said tray is not part of the deal. I had to spend extra to get the tray.
Nov 13, 2013
571 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
braveblade wrote: Do not forget to ask for the truck tray as well. I thought truck tray is part of the mat set but when I picked my vehicle up the tray was not there, and sale said tray is not part of the deal. I had to spend extra to get the tray.
How much did you pay for the trunk tray?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)