• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 6:41 pm
Jan 29, 2010
163 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
yanksingh wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:50 pm
Are you talking about Civic or CRV? That can't be CRV price but I see Civic LX listed as 24,500 on honda website.
Civic cvt transmission- website is listing 25,598 currently.
Oct 27, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
go_habs wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 6:53 pm
OK took the plunge today, white ex financed total all in $36337.17. I think it was a great deal, as I left a Friend of mine was looking for a AWD LX the guy gave me a price of $32750. My buddy came in and signed the deal today too. Thanks Number 7 Honda! Glad its done!
I was able to get Honda Downtown in Toronto to price-match this deal -- it compared favourably to my paid unhaggle search. While I was open to going into November since the promos can only get better on 2017s, my guess is that the selection is probably thinning a bit.
Jan 22, 2009
183 posts
9 upvotes
Jeffrey, so you financed the $36337.17 amount ?
Can i ask at what rate and for how long?
I was planning on paying cash, but maybe this works out better? Congrats on your ride
Oct 27, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
tokinup wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 9:24 am
Jeffrey, so you financed the $36337.17 amount ?
Can i ask at what rate and for how long?
I was planning on paying cash, but maybe this works out better? Congrats on your ride
Yes, I financed at the promo rate for 60 months @2.99%, which was a smidge lower than what my secure line of credit is at. Given that the cost of borrowing is still incredibly low (I think their 24 month is @0.99%), I'd consider parking the cash in either a high-interest savings account or in a reasonably stable investment -- there are tons of ETFs where you're pretty much assured a better return.
Oct 27, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
kevboy67 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 12:19 pm
Would I be able to get the breakdown of your guys deals on the EX that you got, so I have all my ducks in a row when I go into the dealer?

Vehicle Price:
Freight PDI
Fees
Anything else?
I don't think you need that -- freight & PDI is standard. Fees too. Tax is relative to the vehicle price you arrive at -- so that does make a difference.
I was prepared to go in with this approach but didn't need to negotiate because I had a hard, all-in number and sent it to the sales guy in advance of my visit, saying that I would like something in that ballpark. He assured me in email that he could do something for me but was vague. When I got there, he said that I didn't need to negotiate because he'd already cleared the price-match with the manager. I really appreciated that -- though I knew that the conditions were in my favour (initiated contact at the end of the month; came to the dealership on the 31st; they are already marketing 2018 and need to clear inventories; prepared to be flexible on colour & financing). I was also prepared move on to other Greater Toronto Area dealers if this fell through. But thankfully, I didn't have to play that ridiculous game. In fact, the sales guy was thankful to me for coming back to him (I'd done a test drive earlier). And I had a great customer experience.
Dec 27, 2006
196 posts
Toronto
I'm looking into getting a 2018 CRV Touring model. Can anyone recommend a strategy going into the dealer? I'm probably looking to finance the vehicle.

Is it worth bringing carcost/unhaggle into the discussion during negotiations? or is their "invoice price" not accurate? What are some deals people have been able to get on Touring models?

Thanks
Apr 26, 2003
888 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
caoyh1 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 5:12 pm
still negotiating CRV EXL with dealers in metro Vancouver, a bit frustrated, only get invoice + 9xx so far, it looks like Ontario offers much better price than BC... anyone knows what kind of offer from Honda in Nov?
not the worst considering how many people just buy MSRP. Try and get some accessories thrown in to make yourself feel better. Make sure you are getting both the cargo mat and the front mat if you ask for free mats.
Jun 20, 2005
101 posts
8 upvotes
AnimeEd wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:14 pm
not the worst considering how many people just buy MSRP. Try and get some accessories thrown in to make yourself feel better. Make sure you are getting both the cargo mat and the front mat if you ask for free mats.
Thanks, will go to dealers tomorrow to see if I can get anything better.
Nov 2, 2017
1 posts
3 upvotes
Just got a 2017 Touring for $37985 all in (freight, PDI, etc) before tax, trade and $750 rebate. Financed at 2.49 over 48. Basically CCC invoice +$550. There's someone on this forum who was offered CCC/Unhaggle invoice +$300 which I think is the best one so far, but I was happy with this deal.
Feb 3, 2009
324 posts
47 upvotes
Fergus, ON
Was offered a 2017 EX-L for $300 over invoice, final OTR price of $38,990.95 in Ontario.
Apr 26, 2003
888 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
i know you might not be able to afford it but by turning down 0.99% 24 months financing, you are losing out a free discount. The difference is $1600
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1110 posts
539 upvotes
Pallet Town
pattypatpatster wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:47 pm
Was offered a 2017 EX-L for $300 over invoice, final OTR price of $38,990.95 in Ontario.
Can you please PM me the details? Which dealer?
Mar 4, 2008
213 posts
20 upvotes
BC
Pete_Coach wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 8:07 am
I do not recommend seat covers but, if you do want them, make sure they are specific to your car so that there will be no chance of them ever impeding the function of the airbags. Seat covers can slide around and cover the airbag.
Hey Pete! I was skeptical about seat covers too because of the airbags. However, I came across these ones: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073F7 ... UTF8&psc=1

Those were posted by someone else in a Honda forum I came across. Not fully wrapping around. I get them on Monday, so will give them a whirl and will report back on how they go.

I have looked into the stock tires of the Honda CRV - Bridgestone Ecopia - I notice they aren't the best rated for rain & snow (according to some review websites). Living on the west coast (Vancouver Island)....I am debating whether to get proper snow tires or not. Normally we don't face a whole lot of snow, but last year and apparently this year we will have more of a winter than usual (possible of having some good snow falls). It is even snowing as I type this and I just went out to test the CRV out in this wet snow that I am getting (about 2-3 inches of wet snow). The CRV performed well, it slipped a bit going down a big hill, going up hill was no problemo... Although it didn't face huge issues, but going downhill made me think whether I should get proper snow tires... WITH THAT BEING SAID, now that winter is arriving, did anyone switch to winter tires?? What kind? and how much did they cost?

I was hoping to get by this winter, but the following winter (when my finances are looking a bit better) I was planning on getting winter tires on their own set of rims. Or maybe I should just step up to the plate this winter and get them snow tires.

I have 11,000kms on the current stock tires.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28250 posts
4217 upvotes
Ottawa
I hope they work. Personally, I never used seat covers. If the interior is kept clean it has always lasted for me.
I know Vancouver Island well. Lived there for a dozen years. Spent quite some time there last Winter too. Got stuck in Vancouver because all flights were cancelled. You had a bad winter out there. You must live up island if it is snowing.
I am in Ottawa and I just bought winter tires from Canadian Tire. Continental Winter SI. Were on sale for $159. (flyer was 179 but the guy charged me 159...didn't mention the mistake to him :)
BTW, my stick tires were Hankook.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2199 posts
397 upvotes
Kingston
You can often get good deals for winter tires with decent life left from kijijii. Keep an eye out.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

JimboD, Dota