• Nov 20th, 2017 9:47 pm
Dec 1, 2014
31 posts
11 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I did $600 over invoice. Good Luck!
marcopolo85 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:35 am
Would love to know also. Might be pulling the trigger tonight, dealer offered invoice +720 so would be good to know what others are getting.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7799 posts
1879 upvotes
Brampton
Pete_Coach wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:53 pm
Firstly...it's CUV...not a race car or even a sporty car.
Secondly, $695 USD
Thirdly, will void your warranty.
Lastly....all for one second....on a CR-V? :)
1. Yes that's right it's not a sporty car. It's a slush box really in stock guise. That's why being able to correct that would be solving the major short coming in an otherwise great car.
2. It's only $700. Which isn't nothing but in the world of car modding that's pretty good value if it delivers and this is a reputable tuner.
3. Warranty? Meh. Pay to play.

Lastly $700 for a whole second off is a hell of an improvement and bang for the buck, but that's not the point. It's about solving a shortcoming of the car which is that in stock form it's a slushbox.
Honda really should have used a detuned version of the 2.0T used in the Accord my point is they should have given it some gusto for when you load this sucker down for a family camping trip. They got the HR-V for the slush box compact commuter.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28241 posts
4208 upvotes
Ottawa
tebore wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:23 pm
1. Yes that's right it's not a sporty car. It's a slush box really in stock guise. That's why being able to correct that would be solving the major short coming in an otherwise great car.
2. It's only $700. Which isn't nothing but in the world of car modding that's pretty good value if it delivers and this is a reputable tuner.
3. Warranty? Meh. Pay to play.

Lastly $700 for a whole second off is a hell of an improvement and bang for the buck, but that's not the point. It's about solving a shortcoming of the car which is that in stock form it's a slushbox.
Honda really should have used a detuned version of the 2.0T used in the Accord my point is they should have given it some gusto for when you load this sucker down for a family camping trip. They got the HR-V for the slush box compact commuter.
Zero to sixty in 7 seconds instead of 8 in a soccer Mom's car. Hmmmm, why?
What shortcoming? Honda was quite aware that the CR-V was a grocery getter decaes ago when they developed it and, it did quite well with that.
The CR-V is not a tuner and never will be and in my mind, trying to make it faster will be a huge waste of money...really....$700 USD, about $885 CAD for one second....makes me laugh...but hey, it's not my money. :)
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2198 posts
397 upvotes
Kingston
georvu wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:14 pm
What year Forester and were you saying CRV sensing tech or CRV CVT better then Forester? Or both?

Thanks.
CVT was better than the Forester IMO.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2198 posts
397 upvotes
Kingston
georvu wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:14 pm
What year Forester and were you saying CRV sensing tech or CRV CVT better then Forester? Or both?

Thanks.
Sorry missed the other part...current Forester.
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8221 posts
2392 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pete_Coach wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:28 pm
Zero to sixty in 7 seconds instead of 8 in a soccer Mom's car. Hmmmm, why?
What shortcoming? Honda was quite aware that the CR-V was a grocery getter decaes ago when they developed it and, it did quite well with that.
The CR-V is not a tuner and never will be and in my mind, trying to make it faster will be a huge waste of money...really....$700 USD, about $885 CAD for one second....makes me laugh...but hey, it's not my money. :)
Don't shun something you don't understand. $900 to shave a second is great bang for the buck. Tebore isn't talking about tuning it into a race car, he's talking about making it how it should have been from the factory.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1071 posts
281 upvotes
Hindenburg1 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:02 am
How's the AWD on this new generation CRV? Is it adequate with good snow tires?

I've heard that the generation before had very weak AWD system but apparently they've improved.

I'm torn right now between CRV and Forester XT.

Forester is quicker and has much better AWD system but CRV is cheaper and ticks pretty much all the boxes for me.
You may find this comparison interesting.
Nov 19, 2011
1 posts
Toronto
braveblade wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 12:40 pm
The dealer who could not beat the price of invoice + 450 called me today. They can offer a better price this time. Too bad I bought the vehicle already. If anyone wants to buy 2017 CRV Touring or EX trim in Calgary, they can do invoice + less than $450 (how much less depending on your negotiation skill) due to stacking of honda canada and dealer specific promotions. Please pm if interested.
How much is the on the road price, please?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2198 posts
397 upvotes
Kingston
linzhang2010 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:09 pm
That's not amazing. Mine was around $130 over invoice AFTER rebates and very little haggling. Before invoice it was about $880 over.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2403 posts
530 upvotes
linzhang2010 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:09 pm

It's 34K all in for ex-trim. I'm in AB so only 5% tax. And the dealer is no longer willing to beat my price. Guess 2017 CRV sells out quick now.
JC69 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:35 pm
That's not amazing. Mine was around $130 over invoice AFTER rebates and very little haggling. Before invoice it was about $880 over.
The difference I mentioned is before the rebates. So final price is invoice - 300.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28241 posts
4208 upvotes
Ottawa
EP32k2 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:24 pm
Don't shun something you don't understand. $900 to shave a second is great bang for the buck. Tebore isn't talking about tuning it into a race car, he's talking about making it how it should have been from the factory.
Who is "shunning"? I very much understand the performance seekers money spending to squeeze out bits of speed. I used to charge them to do it. Great money to be made :)
I think, and it is my opinion and probably that of many others, that $900 to shave one second off 0 to 60 on a CR-V crossover utility vehicle grocery getter is a waste of money.
It may very well be that $900 to shave off 1 second is a good deal on a Ferrari or other type of go fast car but, a grocery getter? So, as i said, it is your money, not mine thankfully.
Lastly, it came out of the factory exactly as the OEM wanted it to be.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
2650 posts
73 upvotes
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:01 pm
I did $600 over invoice. Good Luck!
$600? nice! managed to get them to throw in some free stuff and $700 over invoice. Did you get the extended warranty $1500 for an extra 3 years? Seemed decently priced in comparison to other extended warranty's offered by other manufacturers. Main thing that concerned me was some of the sensors can cost $1000 to replace.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2198 posts
397 upvotes
Kingston
You can still purchase that extended warranty at 2y and 364 days!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2403 posts
530 upvotes
A bit disappointed at the quality of fabric on the back of the seat. There was some mud so I used a wet microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I used a little bit force while wiping cause the mud was stuck inside of the fabric. To my surprise the fabric in the area I wiped has some wear off already after drying. Not very obvious I need to get closer in certain angle to see it. My wife kept telling me it's not a big deal. But I'm OCD on my new car so it bugs me a bit. Is it repairable? I'm sure there will be more mud /dirt in the future so it will be nice if it can be repaired.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7799 posts
1879 upvotes
Brampton
braveblade wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:47 pm
A bit disappointed at the quality of fabric on the back of the seat. There was some mud so I used a wet microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I used a little bit force while wiping cause the mud was stuck inside of the fabric. To my surprise the fabric in the area I wiped has some wear off already after drying. Not very obvious I need to get closer in certain angle to see it. My wife kept telling me it's not a big deal. But I'm OCD on my new car so it bugs me a bit. Is it repairable? I'm sure there will be more mud /dirt in the future so it will be nice if it can be repaired.
Don't worry about repairing it. The rest of the seat will eventually wear to even it out. That's what tends to happen to fabric seats. The initial fabric pile is higher and more "delicate" after a bit of wear, the more easily removed fibers will come out and it'll even out.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

struki, nightfly