• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 9:01 pm
Apr 23, 2008
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Does anyone have up-to-date experience with wait times? ie how long from order to delivery?
[OP]
Jan 24, 2009
18 posts
Mississauga
What is everyone's opinion on getting rust protection and undercoat protection from the dealer. I am being quoted a ridiculous price of $638+tax. If it doesn't make sense to get it from the dealer then what do you think about krown who drill holes while doing rust protection?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2002
2764 posts
235 upvotes
addie2121 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 9:50 pm
What is everyone's opinion on getting rust protection and undercoat protection from the dealer. I am being quoted a ridiculous price of $638+tax. If it doesn't make sense to get it from the dealer then what do you think about krown who drill holes while doing rust protection?
Forget it, you don't need it
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15742 posts
4654 upvotes
Ottawa
addie2121 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 9:50 pm
You can either go with krown or corrosion free, at more than half the price of the dealership.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1989 posts
92 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 6:03 am
You can either go with krown or corrosion free, at more than half the price of the dealership.
isn't dealership lifetime and krown is like $99 each year?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15742 posts
4654 upvotes
Ottawa
zzricezz wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 12:38 pm
isn't dealership lifetime and krown is like $99 each year?
That's what the stealership wants you to believe. Lol
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1989 posts
92 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 12:59 pm
That's what the stealership wants you to believe. Lol
I checked krown website and they only have price per application. Are you saying they also offer lifetime rust protection for a fix price and is cheaper from the stealership?

I would be interested if that is true.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15742 posts
4654 upvotes
Ottawa
zzricezz wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 1:58 pm
I checked krown website and they only have price per application. Are you saying they also offer lifetime rust protection for a fix price and is cheaper from the stealership?

I would be interested if that is true.
All are BS (dealership and independent providers).
The lifetime guarantee is only for perforation (must be a hole that rusts through); otherwise surface corrosion is not covered.
Krown requires yearly treatment, whereas the dealers stuff and corrosion free are good for 5yrs at a time; before requiring re-application.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1989 posts
92 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 2:57 pm
All are BS (dealership and independent providers).
The lifetime guarantee is only for perforation (must be a hole that rusts through); otherwise surface corrosion is not covered.
Krown requires yearly treatment, whereas the dealers stuff and corrosion free are good for 5yrs at a time; before requiring re-application.
For my wife acura csx 2006, we bring it to the stealership every two years and they take care of it. From that standpoint it was worth it. For my prelude the rust protection was for 10 years and rust started just after that.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15742 posts
4654 upvotes
Ottawa
zzricezz wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 3:30 pm
For my wife acura csx 2006, we bring it to the stealership every two years and they take care of it. From that standpoint it was worth it. For my prelude the rust protection was for 10 years and rust started just after that.
I just recently switched both my daily drivers, to every 2nd year Krown treatment.
Since each vehicle goes through a touchless wash weekly (joined a car wash season pass with coworkers); it's working well.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27744 posts
786 upvotes
Dildo, NL
vkizzle wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 8:03 pm
every 2nd year Krown treatment.
Since each vehicle goes through a touchless wash weekly (joined a car wash season pass with coworkers); it's working well.
Hey, which company & how much?

Krown, I've noticed that my liftgate has some water/moisture sloshing around when open. I've never had this. I'm not sure if it's just their 'drip-less' spray that's now a liquid, or what exactly. I really should go in and have them look at it. I hope it is oil & not water. They drilled the holes and last spring/summer the oil was draining for quite a few weeks before it was empty (REALLY ANNOYING).
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15742 posts
4654 upvotes
Ottawa
bubble.tea wrote:
May 10th, 2017 9:18 am
Hey, which company & how much?

Krown, I've noticed that my liftgate has some water/moisture sloshing around when open. I've never had this. I'm not sure if it's just their 'drip-less' spray that's now a liquid, or what exactly. I really should go in and have them look at it. I hope it is oil & not water. They drilled the holes and last spring/summer the oil was draining for quite a few weeks before it was empty (REALLY ANNOYING).
I'm honestly debating on whether or not to completely stop Krown treatment, as the weekly car washes is practically removing all of the oil spray from the undercarriage.
With the warm weather the oil will become more thin, but shouldn't be pooling to the point of sloshing around inside the panels.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27744 posts
786 upvotes
Dildo, NL
vkizzle wrote:
May 10th, 2017 9:46 am
I'm honestly debating on whether or not to completely stop Krown treatment, as the weekly car washes is practically removing all of the oil spray from the undercarriage.
With the warm weather the oil will become more thin, but shouldn't be pooling to the point of sloshing around inside the panels.
ikr., When it gets sweltering, I have drizzles of oil down both edges of the bumper, just below where the drilled holes are, going down to the bottom of the bumper., so annoying.

I should inspect the liquid next time I hear it splatter out. The last two times (yesterday & a couple days prior) it just happened, I heard the sound and was like WTF is that, how the Eff...but didn't immediately inspect exactly what was coming out.

I actually take our car into the mud quite a lot so I am always spraying the under carriage intentionally. It's quite clean under there. It's funny, I look at other vehicles who've been treated a lot (but never power sprayed underneath) and it is COATED THICK under there. I couldn't sleep well at night if I had that much oil caked on all year round.

Car washes aren't the best for your paint & clear coat BTW. Pressure is way too high isn't it?
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15742 posts
4654 upvotes
Ottawa
bubble.tea wrote:
May 10th, 2017 9:56 am
ikr., When it gets sweltering, I have drizzles of oil down both edges of the bumper, just below where the drilled holes are, going down to the bottom of the bumper., so annoying.

I should inspect the liquid next time I hear it splatter out. The last two times (yesterday & a couple days prior) it just happened, I heard the sound and was like WTF is that, how the Eff...but didn't immediately inspect exactly what was coming out.

I actually take our car into the mud quite a lot so I am always spraying the under carriage intentionally. It's quite clean under there. It's funny, I look at other vehicles who've been treated a lot (but never power sprayed underneath) and it is COATED THICK under there. I couldn't sleep well at night if I had that much oil caked on all year round.

Car washes aren't the best for your paint & clear coat BTW. Pressure is way too high isn't it?
Agreed and hopefully the opti-coat treatment I had applied on the vehicles will mitigate that.