• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2017 4:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow Oilers were robbed!! :o When I first saw the replay it didn't look all that bad in that it didn't seem like Kesler interfered with Talbot's pad all that much, but then seeing more replays its pretty damn clear that Kesler was doing just that and was hooking the top of Talbot's pad blatantly. Don't know why the refs didn't look at the replays longer before making their decision and it sucks for the Oilers that they were screwed over. :(

Yeah the Oilers collapsed giving up the the other two goals, but the tying goal shouldn't have counted at all considering other goals in the past have been disallowed for much less contact with the goalie. Just really sucks that they got screwed like this.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7552 posts
1171 upvotes
Ontario
So if you're initially pushed into the crease, that means you can stay there as long as you want and interfere with the goalie in any way you want?

I've seen a lot less called back. He actively had his hand in between his pad and leg. This is Kesler. He knew what he was doing.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4407 posts
2753 upvotes
Montreal
onlineharvest wrote:
May 6th, 2017 3:08 am
So if you're initially pushed into the crease, that means you can stay there as long as you want and interfere with the goalie in any way you want?

I've seen a lot less called back. He actively had his hand in between his pad and leg. This is Kesler. He knew what he was doing.
Um no you have to be making an effort to come out, which Kesler clearly did not do. The league saying Nurse pushed him in is mental, the actual push was 5 seconds before the goal, Kesler could have left the crease but he was too busy sprawling, holding down Talbot's pad and leg with his hand on purpose. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this is the 2nd game in a row where calls are being blown even with the benefit of replays. IMO Talbot needs to be a little more emotional on these plays, like get up and go after the ref and plead your case.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7552 posts
1171 upvotes
Ontario
ottofly wrote:
May 6th, 2017 4:18 am
Um no you have to be making an effort to come out, which Kesler clearly did not do. The league saying Nurse pushed him in is mental, the actual push was 5 seconds before the goal, Kesler could have left the crease but he was too busy sprawling, holding down Talbot's pad and leg with his hand on purpose. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this is the 2nd game in a row where calls are being blown even with the benefit of replays. IMO Talbot needs to be a little more emotional on these plays, like get up and go after the ref and plead your case.
Yeah, I was aware, just sarcastically asking those questions since that can be the only rationale for not disallowing the goal. Ok, you get pushed, can you keep "falling into" the goalie like Austin Powers "falling into" Vanessa Kensington? ;)
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16623 posts
1038 upvotes
Niagara Falls
tranquility922 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 11:47 pm
I don't get you ppl. Are you guys really Canadians? I root for any Cdn team vs any Yankee one.

Also, what's w the Edm hate? Then you should hate Pitt also, they hit the lottery many times arguably more.

MrDisco, you're probably my fave mod, but, man, talk about totally opposite picks. Maybe save for Wash, just cuz I feel sorry for them lol.
I do hate Pittsburgh and for the same reason. Can you imagine being a fan and seeing g your team have Mario and Jagr and then getting Crosby and Malkin.

Share the damn love.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5679 posts
154 upvotes
I can't believe the Oilers blew it yesterday but agreed that last goal in regulation looked like interference.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16623 posts
1038 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Really sucks for the Oilers. They had a chance to clear the puck but fanned on the clearing attempt. It sucks, that two games in a row there were questionable calls against them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6967 posts
1027 upvotes
Ajax
Ironic isn't it, the Leafs 3 goal collapse of 2013. Carlyle was the coach of the Leafs and Cherialli was the GM of Boston.
Banned
Mar 12, 2017
108 posts
47 upvotes
Calgary
I'm neither an Oilers fan nor one of those "you must cheer for Canadian teams" people, but if you wonder why I don't watch the NHL anymore, this kind of crap is one of the reasons.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3185 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Go Pens!
Sid is game time decision and has apparently been cleared by doctors.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16623 posts
1038 upvotes
Niagara Falls
So this is the first Press game I've managed to watched. I love their crowd.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16623 posts
1038 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Speaking of WWE chants at hockey games, the Preds were playing Bobby Roode's "glorious" theme after their victory. They were already my favourite in the West, now they really are. Love it.

Also, hot damn, 5 goals in the first for Edmonton, another one 45 seconds into the second.