2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2017 4:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7541 posts
1169 upvotes
Ontario
One thing that is funny to see during these playoffs are the interviews with Christine Simpson. I have not seen one where the player is rude, and most are more engaged and offer better answers and commentary with her. Lol. It's like they're speaking with a mom so they feel obliged to be even more respectful. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4220 posts
389 upvotes
Really miss Bob Cole
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

Fantasy Baseball players, I have 2 openings in a 30 team Dynasty league - contact me for details.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7161 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto
onlineharvest wrote:
May 10th, 2017 8:40 pm
One thing that is funny to see during these playoffs are the interviews with Christine Simpson. I have not seen one where the player is rude, and most are more engaged and offer better answers and commentary with her. Lol. It's like they're speaking with Stifler's mom so they feel obliged to be even more respectful. :)
fify lol

Go Pens, due to 'dirty' hit on 87, wanted Caps b4, but too bad.

Go Oil, cuz Canuck.

:D
Sep 30, 2001
26268 posts
5366 upvotes
MaximDude wrote:
May 10th, 2017 7:26 pm
Whoever of the Caps or Pens wins tonight, they need to CRUSH the Sens. Can't stand the thought of them being in the finals twice in a decade while the Leafs haven't been there in 50 years. :(
Looks like the Pens will have to take that task on. I hope they steam roll the Senators
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6874 posts
1399 upvotes
great game by fleury. even mr game 7, j williams, wasn't able to save the caps (7-0 in game 7's coming into this game).

hopefully karlsson's foot injury and crosby's head issues don't hamper them in their upcoming match-up. would be great to see another long hard fought series.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4192 posts
425 upvotes
Mississauga
i think the preds will win cup over the pens.... the preds look like the 2012 kings cup team...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7541 posts
1169 upvotes
Ontario
onlineharvest wrote:
May 10th, 2017 7:34 pm
Caps win 4-2
Close enough...

Some early saves, game would have been different if any of them went in. A lot of good pressure. But as I heard today, the team with the better goalie will win.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7541 posts
1169 upvotes
Ontario
Different team (Anaheim) fans chanting USA! USA!?

SMH

Half their team is Canadian, and their top players are Canadian. Lol
Sep 30, 2001
26268 posts
5366 upvotes
Woo my Ducks made it! It was dicey in the first period but they came back and held on strong.

Next round I'm going for Preds and Pens.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7541 posts
1169 upvotes
Ontario
Ok, lets see, I'll be cheering for Sens and Preds
Oct 14, 2009
458 posts
118 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
Pittsburgh weathered the store early, scored on an opportunistic chance in the second and really just shut down the Caps in the third. The Caps were beyond frustrated in the third.

The save Fleury made on Ovechkin was ridiculous. Cross ice one timer, Ovechkin got all of it and hit the net. His hands were halfway in the air.

i think it will come out that Ovechkin was hurt from that Kadri hit. He really didn't have much in the series. He produced, but he didn't drive the play all that much. Seemed like he was floating around just waiting for one-timers. Kuznetsov was the guy who carried the play for the Caps most of the series. And Malkin shut him down tonight. Malkin is actually a pretty under-rated defensive player.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16482 posts
961 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ugly wrote:
May 11th, 2017 1:30 am
Pittsburgh weathered the store early, scored on an opportunistic chance in the second and really just shut down the Caps in the third. The Caps were beyond frustrated in the third.

The save Fleury made on Ovechkin was ridiculous. Cross ice one timer, Ovechkin got all of it and hit the net. His hands were halfway in the air.

i think it will come out that Ovechkin was hurt from that Kadri hit. He really didn't have much in the series. He produced, but he didn't drive the play all that much. Seemed like he was floating around just waiting for one-timers. Kuznetsov was the guy who carried the play for the Caps most of the series. And Malkin shut him down tonight. Malkin is actually a pretty under-rated defensive player.
That save was silly. He had not right making it. Malkin is a beast.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10233 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I think Malkin learned a lot from playing under Crosby and not being the #1 guy. I don't think Ovie has ever had someone to mentor him in the NHL.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)