2017 Pediatrician Recommendations in Markham/Richmond Hill

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2017 11:32 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2016
27 posts

2017 Pediatrician Recommendations in Markham/Richmond Hill

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a great Pediatrician in Markham or Richmond Hill who is still accepting patients??

Advice and help is GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers all.
12 replies
[OP]
Sep 3, 2016
27 posts
Bump!

Hoping to get some feed back from anyone who uses a pediatrician in these areas :)

Cheers!
Jan 8, 2009
626 posts
274 upvotes
GTA
We use Cathryn Tobin in Markham. She's amazing and her office staff is equally wonderful.

How old is the child in question? If they're not yet born, put them on the waiting list. If they're teeny tiny, mention it when you call. Pediatricians (most of whom are in high demand) prefer to take patients who are going to be with them the longest. We were lucky and our daughter was 9 months old at the time.
[OP]
Sep 3, 2016
27 posts
jrbb thank you.

I will look into her.

baby is just under 2 months old now :)
Jun 26, 2007
449 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
My kids are with Dr. Ho Yin Lau. He accepts newborns. May be possible to accept your 2mo.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7735 posts
254 upvotes
Any recommendation?

- I tried to call the clinic in McCowan and Hwy 7. They are taking new patient BUT the doctor taking it is not fully registered (so probably someone who didn't complete the exams).
- Cathryn Tobin, who is next door is not taking any new patience.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2450 posts
406 upvotes
elty wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 2:24 pm
Any recommendation?

- I tried to call the clinic in McCowan and Hwy 7. They are taking new patient BUT the doctor taking it is not fully registered (so probably someone who didn't complete the exams).
- Cathryn Tobin, who is next door is not taking any new patience.
Markham Pediatric Centre just opened up, Kennedy and Bur Oak. they opened last week so definitely accepting new patients.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1093 posts
297 upvotes
GTA
We have been with Dr Telch since my dd was born (she's now 10). He is a fantastic doctor. Like, really really REALLY fantastic. Great with kids. Older gentleman and extremely knowledgeable.

He is at the Bridle Trail plaza at Kennedy and 7.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10037 posts
2974 upvotes
Toronto, ON
loriblum wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:08 am
We have been with Dr Telch since my dd was born (she's now 10). He is a fantastic doctor. Like, really really REALLY fantastic. Great with kids. Older gentleman and extremely knowledgeable.

He is at the Bridle Trail plaza at Kennedy and 7.
We are with Dr. Telch too and he is an excellent pediatrician. But the last time I checked, he wasn't accepting new patients. But it doesn't hurt to call and ask.
Feb 2, 2008
5 posts
1 upvote
Terrace
My son sees Dr. Jisha Thomas at the new Markham Pediatric Clinic. She's been great and I'd recommend her.

There's two physicians at the clinic. You can google their website to see which physician is accepting new patients.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3769 posts
448 upvotes
Aurora
Couldn't you ask your family doctor for a referral? I'd imagine it's easier to get in if you're sent by your GP.