Hot Deals

2017 Spring Tire Rebates

Nov 25, 2007
111 posts
13 upvotes
anas38 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 10:12 am
Are we able to double dip? Get the Costco instant rebate and then the mail in rebate?
In certain cases "no" so better read the fine print. For instance, Pirelli's rebate site specifically states that their rebates excludes Costco, Canadian Tire and online purchases.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1440 posts
233 upvotes
Ottawa
Oni-kun wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:02 am
How do you guys select new tires? I mean other than sizing, how would I know what is a good fit for my car? Is there some sort of buying guide or do we just randomly pick something from a well known manufacturer and hope for the best?
I saw Consumer Reports used to have a chart that tested a crap load of tires for different conditions. Alas, you need to pay to get access to it. I'm stuck trying to figure out what is a decent tire with good wear life, good on gas and low noise for the warmer months.
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
230 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Here's the list of rebate forms if anyone needs them

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28750 posts
917 upvotes
Fernando Po
My tires are 10 years old, should I be considering one of these deals?
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10662 posts
1221 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
hagbard wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:31 pm
Yes! 10 year old tires are way too old. Like HOLY even cheap China tires are probably safer.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43984 posts
3198 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:31 pm
Yes, i just got a car that came with almost 10 year old winter tires.. It had cracks left and right. Not safe at all, i'm pretty sure yours are the same.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28750 posts
917 upvotes
Fernando Po
Guess they don't look that closely at tires during a safety inspection. Just got the car last month.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
1792 posts
264 upvotes
Scarborough
Just read the Pirelli PDF, cannot be used if purchased from Costco or Crappy Tire.
Nov 27, 2004
627 posts
45 upvotes
Oni-kun wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:02 am
How do you guys select new tires? I mean other than sizing, how would I know what is a good fit for my car? Is there some sort of buying guide or do we just randomly pick something from a well known manufacturer and hope for the best?
Tire Rack is where I have formed my decisions on tire purchases for the last 10 years

www.tirerack.com
May 8, 2016
66 posts
31 upvotes
Barrie
OrangeBerry wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:12 pm
Just read the Pirelli PDF, cannot be used if purchased from Costco or Crappy Tire.
Most manufacturer rebates exclude Costco, and sometimes Crappy (or at least Crappy Tire exclusive models like the General Evertrek or Conti TruContact).
Because Costco is given their own run of instant rebates through the manufacturers they don't often run concurrent with everyday retail consumer promotions.
May 8, 2016
66 posts
31 upvotes
Barrie
Haven't seen mentioned in the thread:

Kumho rebate March 15-May 31 up to $100 Prepaid Visa by mail.
www.kumhotirerebates.com

Nexen rebate March 1 to May 31 $40 Prepaid Visa by mail on 4 CP672. (through Nexen authorized dealers, not Walmart)
May 8, 2016
66 posts
31 upvotes
Barrie
eugene188 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 11:12 pm
I saw Consumer Reports used to have a chart that tested a crap load of tires for different conditions. Alas, you need to pay to get access to it. I'm stuck trying to figure out what is a decent tire with good wear life, good on gas and low noise for the warmer months.
What's the application? Are you in-town/hwy/rural road driver mostly? Commuter? Do you run winter tires?
Mar 9, 2011
156 posts
74 upvotes
I am looking for summer tires. I currently drive a 2012 honda civic EX (4 doors). Can anyone help in recommending a good set of summer tires? Looking for a good price and performance.
Feb 10, 2004
832 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I've been shopping around in anticipation of this rebate period for a new set of summer tires. i've had my heart set on the michelin pilot super sports... best 3 prices i've seen are Simply Tire, Costco and Joy City. This is for the GTA. I went with Allen's team at Simply, since he's an RFD sponsor and has great client service.
Last edited by stutterboi on Mar 21st, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I had only one superstition. I made sure to touch all the bases when I hit a home run."
- Babe Ruth
Aug 27, 2006
127 posts
10 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Nice. Will be buying some BF All-Terrain KO2's soon. No sense not saving 50$ on them :p
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel