First time buyer for me as well but here is what i did. (2014 Ody)Magoomba wrote: ↑Nov 5th, 2017 1:01 pmFirst time buying winter tires, not sure if some of these questions have been answered (48 page is a long read!).
Car is a 2015 Honda Odyssey.
- What are good tires for Vancouver with a 2-3 trips up to Whistler?
- Should I buy one size smaller (cheaper)?
- Do most of you buy rims as well?
1. Bought 235/65R17 Blizzak WS80 104H. Heard WS80 is good for GVRD weather
2. Was thinking of buying one size smaller but the dealer recommended me to go with stock size (due to brake clearance, speedometer issue) I could be wrong any expert can chime in on this.
3. Rims are strongly recommended c/w tpms sensor. Unless you don't mind to see TMPS sensor light is on all the time. Costco don't carry 17" steel rims for 2014 ody. My dealer quoted me $110 per wheel and i decided not to use steel rim this winter and wait for the alloy wheel goes for sale for all season (also save money re-use tmps sensor) My all season tires are almost same price as steel wheels.