• Nov 18th, 2017 1:06 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1185 posts
119 upvotes
Logtown
blind56 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:32 pm
100% expect you to. Heck I went back three times before they got it right.
radeonboy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:48 pm

Wow that would be something I would expect from CDN Tire who hires highschoolers, but not from Costco as everyone raves about them. Does Costco hire the same inexperienced people too?
Normally their CS is great but with this huge influx of people all getting their winter tires done at once, their service has gone to complete shit. They've got customers literally camping there overnight because they can't wait weeks out to get their winter tires done for appt. Their employees are clearly stressed, I dealt with one in the tire centre who was picking fights with every customer and even the membership desk coworkers inside the warehouse.
champ91 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:43 am

I think you have to buy them first or make sure they are in stock. I thought I remember they said they only install tires you buy from them
We actually got our winter tires on the last day of Costco's prior instant rebates for Michelins, booked 3 weeks out for Nov 4th afternoon appt @ Heritage Costco in Calgary.

Nov 4th comes, place looks like an utter mess. Line out the door. Super stressed looking employees, tires everywhere in space usually I'd assume they want people viewing tires and waiting for service to be done. Due to the snowstorm that day we arrived 10 mins late. Tried to call them to let them know traffic was a disaster on Glenmore that day. Due to the huge line at the tire centre we didn't get up to the front until it was like 30-40 mins after. Upon getting up there we told them our appt time, they said you're like 30-40 mins late. I said yeah we tried to call you to tell you we'd be a couple mins late, but you didn't want to answer your phones (I showed all the times I tried calling), and your line took forever to move. She snidely tells us we have no appointment now. I ask when can we have it done? She says in 3-4 weeks. The one lady sitting on the bench, due to the room the line and tires were taking, had been waiting there since like 9am when they started doing work (an hour before warehouse opened) for a simple change. By this time it was like 3pm. The outlook even for people who had appointments was 3-7 hours. I'd have been glad to take an appt for a better time, but this option was not presented to us, the tech lady there just wanted to be a douche about it. When I ask her if all this time of them holding the tires would cause them to be sent back she said she didn't know. So I said what about just giving us the tires so we can install them elsewhere.. she said it would void the warranty. Why purchase 4 new tires with no warranty? The warranty was one of the big selling points to these Michelin tires. So we went to cancel the purchase, talked to a store manager, he set us up with an appointment a few days later first thing in the morning. Rather funny since the tire centre manager who ignored us, leaving us at the behest of the idiot CSR, gladly stated with the manager present they keep open appointment slots just for situations like this.

Ironically, the same lady who was an ass to me saw the warehouse manager come in, someone with the same exact problem I had came up (I found out they had been turning a lot of people away who were late due to how long they were standing in line accusing them of not showing up on time), was even later than I was when getting to the front, and she gladly helped him right after noticing the manager.

I came in a few days later first thing in the morning, swapping all-seasons to winter tires, 9am.. didn't get done until like 3:30pm. A lady who had an appointment who had been driving with a nail in her tires was in before me and they hadn't even begun to fix it. Like me she took the day off work to get the tires done, missing out on a lot of money. She was stressed as hell, and had to just take her car back.

tl;dr, horrific customer service. Can guarantee when swapping back to all seasons for our hybrid SUV will be doing it elsewhere.

When I was there for the rescheduled appointment they were booking 3-5 weeks out. So for people in Calgary might want to either push the issue to get it done sooner (maybe getting in the face of someone or having buddies who work there might cut you in line) if you already bought and are trying to get in for an appt. I'd actually call around elsewhere first to see what their times are like.

And the lady with the nail in the tire.. they couldn't be arsed to fix it, which she had the appt for, but didn't mind upselling her to a whole new set of tires @ around $1,500 all-in, almost double what we paid for our set of 4 Xi's. Just shook my head.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8206 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
Is the Costco tire service by appointment only right now or is first come first serve available as well? My local warehouse's tire center never picks up.
Oct 22, 2017
2 posts
I have taken new mustang v6 this year under 3 yrs lease and from all sources I see that mustang performs bad during snow months.

I am looking for a set winter tires and rims, could anybody suggest some best buys in GTA, as I am in lease is don't want to spend a lot for 3 years. Leads ar highly appreciated.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
2957 posts
305 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lordnikon wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:54 pm
Did anyone apply for Continental winter tire rebate? Just wondering how long they took to process your application.
Takes about a week. I submitted it on October 23, and got shipping confirmation on November 1.
I'm guessing if the tire shops get more busy, the more submissions they get and it will just take longer.

I still haven't received anything from Yokohama though :(
Mar 28, 2016
37 posts
5 upvotes
Got my winter tires on today from Kal Tire. They did a really good job, they even had windows so you can watch your vehicle get serviced. I overheard the service reps talking to customers calling in and their next available appointment was Dec 4th. Glad I made my appointment last week.
Oct 5, 2014
99 posts
16 upvotes
Madden, AB
Is the tire price on Costco.ca same as in the warehouse or warehouse is cheaper?
Jan 15, 2008
167 posts
39 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:20 am
Is the Costco tire service by appointment only right now or is first come first serve available as well? My local warehouse's tire center never picks up.
Not sure if there is a first come first serve option (I think there is) but if you were looking to book an appointment you can do it online as well. You do require your order number though when you are book the appointment from my experience - https://www.costcotireappointments.ca/login
Sep 18, 2017
56 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
irislf wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:13 pm
Is the tire price on Costco.ca same as in the warehouse or warehouse is cheaper?
Yes
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1411 posts
652 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:20 am
That's pretty common. My house is between two locations, and trying to get in touch with either tire center is next to impossible.
Oct 13, 2017
9 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
Just FYI, Michelen are not ownering thier $70 rebate if you bought your tires from either Costco or (Canadian)Crappy Tire.

I bought my tires on October 25 and submitted the rebate form on the same day. I just got an email from them saying I don't qualify.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1020 posts
223 upvotes
Costco is a rip-off. Every time I've looked it has been quite a bit cheaper at local tire shops for identical tires.
Jun 26, 2013
444 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Costco warranty and installation is less than others
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5496 posts
133 upvotes
irislf wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:13 pm
The price is the same but in store might not have the tires you need in stock
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5496 posts
133 upvotes
SavvyShopperCa wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:36 pm
Just FYI, Michelen are not ownering thier $70 rebate if you bought your tires from either Costco or (Canadian)Crappy Tire.

I bought my tires on October 25 and submitted the rebate form on the same day. I just got an email from them saying I don't qualify.
Costco gives you the rebate instantly

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

wikkid_bigshot