Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

2017 Winter Tire Rebates

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2018 4:53 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: Is the Michelin $70 promo still on at Costco?
Does Costco charge for installation (putting tires in steel rims I mean)? Thx.
Everybody charges to put tires on steel rim. Why wouldnt Costco charge?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
cristianosham wrote: Everybody charges to put tires on steel rim. Why wouldnt Costco charge?
Somebody once told me it’s free if I buy tires and rims at Costco.

Is the Michelin promo still on at Costco? Don’t see it on the website.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Can I buy 4 tires separately at Canadian Tire today to get 4 x $50 Gift Card in store if spent $200? Anybody know?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: Can I buy 4 tires separately at Canadian Tire today to get 4 x $50 Gift Card in store if spent $200? Anybody know?
your tire must be 200 before taxes to get one 50 GC. So to get four GC you need four separate purchases of 200 a pop.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: Is the Michelin $70 promo still on at Costco?
Does Costco charge for installation (putting tires in steel rims I mean)? Thx.
They will charge for the tire installation the second you buy the tires online.
There is no separate charge because you bought steel rims if that's what you mean.
Jan 15, 2015
643 posts
410 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: Somebody once told me it’s free if I buy tires and rims at Costco.

Is the Michelin promo still on at Costco? Don’t see it on the website.
The mounting of new tire on rim and onto your vehicle is essentially "free". It's the cost of a new valve stem for the rim and re-balancing of the tire/wheel assembly that costs money. I believe it's $15 per wheel at Costco and (from memory) up to $40 per wheel at Canadian Tire.

Note that new valve stems must be installed to prevent leaks as no reputable garage would let you keep the old ones - plus it might void the tire warranty. Costco has a 5 year flat/road hazard warranty. I seem to recall Canadian Tire was around 3 years - ask and check.

New tires and rims will not be 100% "true" and will likely cause excess wheel vibration at high speeds if they are not dynamically balanced. It's a small price to pay for achieving maximum tire wear and not voiding your warranty.

Costco shows "Receive a $70 Costco Cash Card with the Purchase of 4 Michelin Tires Valid From December 09 to December 20, 2017" on their website as of today.
Jan 15, 2015
643 posts
410 upvotes
jan27299 wrote: Thanks, I guess i will be doing the swap.
Make sure you mark all 4 existing wheels with LF LR RF RR to distinguish between left/right and front/rear before removing. Do the same for snow tires before removing in spring (or preferably at installation so you don't forget).

Tire shops will mark them in crayon when wheels are removed, but the letters may come off with usage. I used to scratch the letters on the inside of steel rims or mag wheels (as long as same tires stay with rims) with a metal scribing tool to make permanent markings.

Remember to never swap left and right tires as the wrong direction of rotation will damage a radial tire. But change tires between front and rear every season as you replace summer with winter and vice versa.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
2472 posts
93 upvotes
Surrey
SAM3674 wrote: Make sure you mark all 4 existing wheels with LF LR RF RR to distinguish between left/right and front/rear before removing. Do the same for snow tires before removing in spring (or preferably at installation so you don't forget).

Tire shops will mark them in crayon when wheels are removed, but the letters may come off with usage. I used to scratch the letters on the inside of steel rims or mag wheels (as long as same tires stay with rims) with a metal scribing tool to make permanent markings.

Remember to never swap left and right tires as the wrong direction of rotation will damage a radial tire. But change tires between front and rear every season as you replace summer with winter and vice versa.
Thanks, I actually have tire chalk.
I have been rotating tire on my older altima.
I actually put Passenger front or back (PF/PR) and Driver front or back (DF/DR).
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
SAM3674 wrote: The mounting of new tire on rim and onto your vehicle is essentially "free". It's the cost of a new valve stem for the rim and re-balancing of the tire/wheel assembly that costs money. I believe it's $15 per wheel at Costco and (from memory) up to $40 per wheel at Canadian Tire.

Note that new valve stems must be installed to prevent leaks as no reputable garage would let you keep the old ones - plus it might void the tire warranty. Costco has a 5 year flat/road hazard warranty. I seem to recall Canadian Tire was around 3 years - ask and check.

New tires and rims will not be 100% "true" and will likely cause excess wheel vibration at high speeds if they are not dynamically balanced. It's a small price to pay for achieving maximum tire wear and not voiding your warranty.

Costco shows "Receive a $70 Costco Cash Card with the Purchase of 4 Michelin Tires Valid From December 09 to December 20, 2017" on their website as of today.
Thank you very much for the detailed info. First time buying tires from Costco, hence my questions. :)
One more question: if I buy the tires and rims from Costco online, will both be shipped to my home or tonthd warehouse?
Jan 4, 2010
778 posts
463 upvotes
Waterloo
litebrite wrote: I think Costco charges $15 for the seasonal swap over when both sets of tires are mounted already.
do you have to make an appointment for that or it's first come first serve?
Jan 15, 2015
643 posts
410 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: Thank you very much for the detailed info. First time buying tires from Costco, hence my questions. :)
One more question: if I buy the tires and rims from Costco online, will both be shipped to my home or tonthd warehouse?
You're welcome. You can buy online and Costco will ship to the warehouse that you choose. I have never bought rims from Costco, but believe it's the same. Before you complete your order, you can designate the shipping address (warehouse) and add any Costco gift card amounts to reduce your total owing (I found a $150 gift card that had been tucked away since last year).

The tire rebate is subtracted from your online purchase. Don't forget that in addition to GST/PST/install, there is an environmental levy of $20 to cover disposal of present or future tires.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: Thank you very much for the detailed info. First time buying tires from Costco, hence my questions. :)
The tires are shipped to the warehouse and the rims will be shipped to your house. The tire Centre will email you when they receive the tires and tell you to make an appointment. But really, you should make the appointment as soon as you get your order number because the wait can be quite long.
Jul 19, 2007
324 posts
263 upvotes
Guelph
Hi, I am looking for steel wheels for my 2016 Honda Odyssey. Tire size is 235/65R/17 . Already purchased that size of winter tire, but can't find hubcentric rims for this van! Canadian Tire only has Universal, Costco doesn't carry them (only has 18" option), and even TireRack doesn't have steel wheels for this (only alloy, which are too expensive). Any suggestions on where else to look? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
Ben311 wrote: Hi, I am looking for steel wheels for my 2016 Honda Odyssey. Tire size is 235/65R/17 . Already purchased that size of winter tire, but can't find hubcentric rims for this van! Canadian Tire only has Universal, Costco doesn't carry them (only has 18" option), and even TireRack doesn't have steel wheels for this (only alloy, which are too expensive). Any suggestions on where else to look? Thanks!
check with simplytire.com - http://www.simplytire.com/winter/hondapdf.pdf . the pdf has the package deal but you can do some playing around on the site to see the cost of the rims only or simply call them or drop at their place if its closer to your area of commuting/residing.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
-----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1478 posts
521 upvotes
GTA
CoolDudeClan wrote: Why...? Pretty often the OEM wheels have a different design and the nuts don't seat properly against the steel wheel. Not safe and it allows water etc to get onto the bolt and rusts it out quickly. See it all the time.
Interesting, never knew this. Is there a reliable way to tell?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
-----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
CoolDudeClan wrote: Why...? Pretty often the OEM wheels have a different design and the nuts don't seat properly against the steel wheel. Not safe and it allows water etc to get onto the bolt and rusts it out quickly. See it all the time.
When you "see it all the time" do you work for a tire company or the like? Its not pretty often at all; Its a handful of vehicle models at most. 5 mins online would tell you this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)