• Nov 18th, 2017 1:06 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1467 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
Tiberius wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:20 pm
I have the exact same downsize option (235/65/17 to 225/65/17). What I'm wondering is if that changes the steel rims required - the Costco fit guide would be assuming you are getting the same tire size?
No it won't, the thinner tire will fit fine, just don't downsize to 16 inch that's when you'll have an issue.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Apr 13, 2017
447 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Just came back from Costco, next available earliest date is Dec. 23rd, i guess merry Christmas to me.

Btw its Oshawa Costco.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2273 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
Freddie44 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 1:39 pm
Need to replace winter tires on my 2011 Ford Edge. Stock size of winter tires were 18" and originally I downsized to 17", specifically 235/65/17. Would like to go with either Hikka R2 SUV or Michelin XI3. It appears that Michelin does not make the XI3 in the 235/65/17. Can I go with a different size that they do make? Any size suggestions?

thanks,
Latitude Xice2 is the latest model 235/65/R17. This is the tire size of my Rav4. Ordered on Nov 6, Shipped on Nov 8, Approximate arrival at warehouse Nov 14.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
1638 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto & north …
tetris wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:11 pm
Current Online price showing $136.47 each, should I assume on December 04, price will go up $149.99 each -$70 instant rebate?
Only if you think that Costco would engage in what would basically amount to a deceptive marketing practice. Keep checking for the $136.47 price as the rebate period approaches, maybe screenshots or whatever, and if the regular price jumps just before the rebates kick in, the matter may be of interest to the Competition Bureau. http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
CelusC wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:11 pm
About $180, definitely not bad Face With Tears Of Joy
You have that exact tire size? Each size has a different price.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
some1not wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 6:16 pm
No it won't, the thinner tire will fit fine, just don't downsize to 16 inch that's when you'll have an issue.
Cool. Now I just have to decide if saving $65 is worth it to have a tire that it a bit thinner, but 2% smaller (an extra 1k on the odometer after 50k of winter driving over the life of the tires, and a slightly less accurate speedometer).
Apr 13, 2017
447 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Tiberius wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:32 pm
You have that exact tire size? Each size has a different price.
Yes my original plan was getting P215/55R16 XI3 with X99144N, now P205/65R15 with X40922
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5495 posts
133 upvotes
Tiberius wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 4:56 pm
Trying to understand the Costco process... if I order the tires online, they ship to the store. How do I know they will have the right steel rims to match the tires? When you try to buy steel rims on the Costco website, they only ship to your HOME.

Do you bring the steel rims with you and they mount the tires on those rims? I could see an issue with them not having the steel rims in stock (or because rims are more generic than tires perhaps this isn't an issue and they are well stocked?)

The other item is the comments on the shipping delay + appointment delay... it sounds like waiting for the Bridgestone rebate on Dec 4 would result in not having the tires installed until late December at best?
You buy the steel rims that is for your car. Each one has a model number. Follow the guide and it will tell you which one is for your car. It will ship to your house. Tires will ship to costco. You make an appointment online and it will ask for your order number. I would be more concerned about getting an appointment this year, rather than your tires or rims arriving on time. I would book an appointment ASAP. I did it last week and earliest was Nov 30. Now I checked and nothing is avaialable, even in December
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
champ91 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:19 pm
You buy the steel rims that is for your car. Each one has a model number. Follow the guide and it will tell you which one is for your car. It will ship to your house. Tires will ship to costco. You make an appointment online and it will ask for your order number. I would be more concerned about getting an appointment this year, rather than your tires or rims arriving on time. I would book an appointment ASAP. I did it last week and earliest was Nov 30. Now I checked and nothing is avaialable, even in December
I hear ya... probably going to have to get them mounted elsewhere... but that at least allows me to buy the tires sooner from Canadian Tire... prices are good on the ones I'm considering.
Dec 3, 2009
107 posts
5 upvotes
Burlington
I have almost decided to get Continental winter contact si on sale at canadian tire ..i have a set of rims steel rims from my sons mazda 3 which are a direct hubcentric match for our 2107 Kia Niro hybrid. Am i allowed to use regular rubber valve? or are required to use TPMS valves. .
I don't like canadian tire however there hazard warranty is excellent my daughters got some Michelins and they all failed ( bad batch i assume) they replace all of them over a year.
Anyone have rough idea on TPMS valves there?

Can i benefit from the Shoppers drug-mart gift card promo in some way ?

Also welcome to other places to purchase or install ??? , I am in Burlington .
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
rugman100 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:37 pm
I have almost decided to get Continental winter contact si on sale at canadian tire ..i have a set of rims steel rims from my sons mazda 3 which are a direct hubcentric match for our 2107 Kia Niro hybrid. Am i allowed to use regular rubber valve? or are required to use TPMS valves. .
I don't like canadian tire however there hazard warranty is excellent my daughters got some Michelins and they all failed ( bad batch i assume) they replace all of them over a year.
Anyone have rough idea on TPMS valves there?

Can i benefit from the Shoppers drug-mart gift card promo in some way ?

Also welcome to other places to purchase or install ??? , I am in Burlington .
The SDM gift card promo is over (as of the 10th). I used it on the 10th to get the Continental Winter Contact SI's for my Sonata (price was 103.xx after sale and rebate!). My steel wheels are ordered from Costco and then I have to find a place to get them mounted, etc.

I'm still deciding on tires for a Santa Fe Sport... Bridgestone WS80 and DM-V2 are options in standard and downsize, as well as the Continental SI. CT pricing seems good so I'll probably pull the trigger on those tires soon and wait for the steel wheels to arrive.

Definitely open to hearing suggestions for places to get the tires mounted in Halton Hills or Mississauga area. I guess I can always go to CT to get them mounted but would prefer not too...
Sep 6, 2017
107 posts
62 upvotes
NotMoneyGuy wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:22 pm
Only if you think that Costco would engage in what would basically amount to a deceptive marketing practice. Keep checking for the $136.47 price as the rebate period approaches, maybe screenshots or whatever, and if the regular price jumps just before the rebates kick in, the matter may be of interest to the Competition Bureau. http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca
I can bet my life that the price is going to jump december 16 and onwards.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1049 posts
77 upvotes
That's my feeling that price will jump around rebate time. I think retailers are free to set their own prices.
Tiberius in his previous post had a good price on Continental tires from Canadian Tires that I would prefer: Tiberius, what size of tires you purchased?
cristianosham wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:03 pm
I can bet my life that the price is going to jump december 16 and onwards.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
tetris wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:03 pm
That's my feeling that price will jump around rebate time. I think retailers are free to set their own prices.
Tiberius in his previous post had a good price on Continental tires from Canadian Tires that I would prefer: Tiberius, what size of tires you purchased?
The Sonata takes 205/65/R16.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1411 posts
652 upvotes
Tiberius wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:35 pm
Cool. Now I just have to decide if saving $65 is worth it to have a tire that it a bit thinner, but 2% smaller (an extra 1k on the odometer after 50k of winter driving over the life of the tires, and a slightly less accurate speedometer).

Seriously?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)