Hot Deals

2017 Winter Tire Rebates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 1:06 pm
Dec 3, 2009
107 posts
5 upvotes
Burlington
I tried to get Active Green and Ross to price match Canadian tire but they wouldn't saying non stock item. I have decided on the Winter contact Si because I believe it wont be as noisy as some of the more aggressive tread ... how is noise on Sonata?

forgot to quote lol #Tiberius
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
wildzero wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:51 pm
Seriously?
LOL

I wouldn't be considering it if people weren't saying the smaller tire was actually better for winter driving since it is narrower. I also get more choice for the type of tire.... otherwise, 65 isn't a big deal.

I'm curious which side you fall on? You would keep the original tire size? Or you would get the tire that is supposed to be better for winter driving since it's narrower?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
rugman100 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:57 pm
I tried to get Active Green and Ross to price match Canadian tire but they wouldn't saying non stock item. I have decided on the Winter contact Si because I believe it wont be as noisy as some of the more aggressive tread ... how is noise on Sonata?

Not installed yet. Reviews indicate the Continental SI should have longer tread life and less road noise than Bridgestone Ws80s or Dm-V2 tires.
Feb 17, 2015
68 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, AB
rugman100 wrote:

Extremely quiet on my Sonata. Bit the bullet and got winter tires this year. Went with Winter contact SI due to significant discounts (I'll post what I did later), tires were extremely quiet. WIth the (heater) fan on, I couldn't tell the difference between my previous all-seasons and wintercontact SI. If I switch fan off, there is a very slight increase in noise. I must say I'm happy with my purchase!

I'll still drive carefully in the winter but it won't be with the nerve-wracking grip on my steering wheel as I wonder if I could stop in time at junctions when the traffic light turns red.
Dec 3, 2009
107 posts
5 upvotes
Burlington
Ravenz wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 6:38 pm
Extremely quiet on my Sonata. Bit the bullet and got winter tires this year. Went with Winter contact SI due to significant discounts (I'll post what I did later), tires were extremely quiet. WIth the (heater) fan on, I couldn't tell the difference between my previous all-seasons and wintercontact SI. If I switch fan off, there is a very slight increase in noise. I must say I'm happy with my purchase!

I'll still drive carefully in the winter but it won't be with the nerve-wracking grip on my steering wheel as I wonder if I could stop in time at junctions when the traffic light turns red.
OK thanks that's exactly what i was hoping for from the continentals in terms of noise ... I also feel confident in the safety aspect and should suit our driving need, lots of highway 70 k round trip late evening so very little traffic .
Aug 24, 2011
241 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
CelusC wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 6:47 pm
Just came back from Costco, next available earliest date is Dec. 23rd, i guess merry Christmas to me.

Btw its Oshawa Costco.
What if walk in @ 8 am in the morning?
Apr 13, 2017
447 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
hallieliu wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 8:06 pm
What if walk in @ 8 am in the morning?
I will definitely try to line up for walk-in once my tires arrive, but the lady told me people line up 5AM... hopefully that is not true.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1411 posts
652 upvotes
Tiberius wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 5:15 pm
LOL

I wouldn't be considering it if people weren't saying the smaller tire was actually better for winter driving since it is narrower. I also get more choice for the type of tire.... otherwise, 65 isn't a big deal.

I'm curious which side you fall on? You would keep the original tire size? Or you would get the tire that is supposed to be better for winter driving since it's narrower?
Smaller - Its cheaper and better for winter driving. The downsides are negligible.
Sep 6, 2017
107 posts
62 upvotes
rugman100 wrote:

can you have CT price match costco?
Dec 27, 2012
902 posts
296 upvotes
Burnaby
dk87 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 8:34 am
Any of you that own blizzaks drive long commutes to work? I have been reading some reviews and most are saying xice has better fuel efficiency.
nayan97 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 9:26 am
You are correct. I've have the blizzaks And the x ice. Michelin feel more like an all season tire in overall drive while Bridgestone is a more grippy winter tire. If you live in the city where roads get plowed quick, get the x ice since they'll be quieter and ice is a bigger concern in the city. If you live in a rural area get the bridgestones as they will help you "plow" through the snow better, but again, you get the noise and feeling that your driving a winter tire
Consumer reports ranks the Xice superior to the Blizzak... take it for what it’s worth
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1246 posts
190 upvotes
cristianosham wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:09 pm
can you have CT price match costco?
I have been trying but they kept refusing, asking for a official printed quote from costco. Costco refuses to print me one, just a handwritten note of the price.
Condos are like condoms. People buy them only because they can't afford the real deal :(
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1981 posts
279 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
tetris wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:11 pm
Current Online price showing $136.47 each, should I assume on December 04, price will go up $149.99 each -$70 instant rebate?
Costco already did their rebate on Bridgestone back in September/beginning of October
Jan 24, 2007
751 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
cristianosham wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:03 pm
I can bet my life that the price is going to jump december 16 and onwards.
tetris wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:03 pm
That's my feeling that price will jump around rebate time. I think retailers are free to set their own prices.
Tiberius in his previous post had a good price on Continental tires from Canadian Tires that I would prefer: Tiberius, what size of tires you purchased?
I got the DM-V2 225/65r17 back in oct when they have had the rebate. it was 149.99 each and then 70 taken out from the total. right now (outside of the rebate timeframe) it is still 149.99. so, i have to disagree with you.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1411 posts
652 upvotes
I'm thinking about ordering the Yokohama IG51V from Active, Green and Ross. Although I wanted a set of the WS80 from Costco come Dec 4, I'm pretty deflated about the inability to book appointments and imagine trying to get an install done there is going to be a nightmare.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1049 posts
77 upvotes
Bridgestone rebate is over at Costco but other retailers offering rebate, Costco will bring back BS rebate on Dec.4, Not in all cases prices remains same before or after rebate period. WS80 (205/55R16) had a price of $149.99 in Sept., now its $136.47, just the price lowered to compete with other retailers who are offering $70 rebate.
d4diesel wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:32 am
I got the DM-V2 225/65r17 back in oct when they have had the rebate. it was 149.99 each and then 70 taken out from the total. right now (outside of the rebate timeframe) it is still 149.99. so, i have to disagree with you.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)