Hot Deals

2017 Winter Tire Rebates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 1:06 pm
May 17, 2005
209 posts
10 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If I order tires but can't get an appointment with the Costco tire center to install my tires, will they rebate me the $80 installation fee?? Also, I don't know if I should order the Blizzaks now or wait till Dec 4th.
Apr 13, 2003
418 posts
162 upvotes
Scarborough
Magoomba wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:12 pm
I purchased my car used from Craigslist. The rims are wheel locked and the seller never gave me the key.
Can Costco or other places take off the tire or do I have to go back to Honda to get them removed?
Check around where the spare tire is stashed. Sometimes it's there.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1856 posts
91 upvotes
izzybear wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:06 pm
If I order tires but can't get an appointment with the Costco tire center to install my tires, will they rebate me the $80 installation fee?? Also, I don't know if I should order the Blizzaks now or wait till Dec 4th.
You can wait...but if you want them earlier, you can order online now and when the rebate comes back on dec 4, contact costco online customer service (not warehouse) and they can do a price adjustment for you if it's within 30 days. If you do the purchase though your local warehouse directly, some locations may or may not do the price adjustment for you.
Dec 27, 2012
902 posts
296 upvotes
Burnaby
izzybear wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:06 pm
It says right on the purchase page before you hit checkout that you will refunded the installation costs if you choose not to have Costco install the tires
Nov 21, 2009
20 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Ok, so i went ahead and got the Nokian Hakka R2 SUV tires but my local Kal tire place could not install until Dec 1st. So I got the tires anyways now I need to have them installed. The guy at Kal tire said that there were special installation instructions for these tires. Anyone know if that is true or not? If true, anyone know where I can find these instructions? I've looked all over the internet. Haven't heard back from Nokian yet.
Jun 27, 2017
51 posts
11 upvotes
Well, it looks like the price for the Michelin ones at Canadian Tire already include the rebate. I got tires last week from there and was told I could get it online but now it looks like Costco and Canadian Tire are excluded.
May 4, 2014
68 posts
24 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
BS. These are snow tires, not Veyron tires.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2217 posts
211 upvotes
The worst part of buying tires this year is that the lower end has become completely filled with PowerTrac and Sailun tires. A few years ago you could grab Toyo or Yokohama winter tires for $450 installed.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3465 posts
167 upvotes
Georgetown
d4diesel wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:32 am
I got the DM-V2 225/65r17 back in oct when they have had the rebate. it was 149.99 each and then 70 taken out from the total. right now (outside of the rebate timeframe) it is still 149.99. so, i have to disagree with you.
How do you like the DM-V2? I'm deciding between it and a Continental Winter SI in the exact same size you purchased. Did you put the tires on an SUV?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1324 posts
227 upvotes
Freddie44 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:00 pm
Ok, so i went ahead and got the Nokian Hakka R2 SUV tires but my local Kal tire place could not install until Dec 1st. So I got the tires anyways now I need to have them installed. The guy at Kal tire said that there were special installation instructions for these tires. Anyone know if that is true or not? If true, anyone know where I can find these instructions? I've looked all over the internet. Haven't heard back from Nokian yet.
Someone else on here said the Nokians were difficult to install, but given that Kal Tire did a shit job balancing mine (and I'm taking them back to be re-balanced), I can't say that this carries a whole lot of weight.
Jul 11, 2011
46 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
HaZaRd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:36 pm
Someone else on here said the Nokians were difficult to install, but given that Kal Tire did a shit job balancing mine (and I'm taking them back to be re-balanced), I can't say that this carries a whole lot of weight.
I've also heard Nokian's can be difficult to balance. I haven't had balancing issues with Nokians on a new install, just after a rotation. I had Nokian WRG2's that Kaltire on a few occasions had to re-balance after a rotation, it was always one tire that was off. One location in Winnipeg had to try a couple of times until it was right.

I had Nokian R2's installed a couple of weeks ago and haven't had balancing issues. It could be down to the technician and how they are at dealing with picky Nokian's for balancing.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
1638 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto & north …
HaZaRd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:36 pm

Spacedan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:04 pm

I've also heard Nokian's can be difficult to balance. I haven't had balancing issues with Nokians on a new install, just after a rotation. I had Nokian WRG2's that Kaltire on a few occasions had to re-balance after a rotation, it was always one tire that was off. One location in Winnipeg had to try a couple of times until it was right.

I had Nokian R2's installed a couple of weeks ago and haven't had balancing issues. It could be down to the technician and how they are at dealing with picky Nokian's for balancing.
Hmmm...now a bit worried about how my 205/55R16 R2 tires on steelies are going to feel once I get them onto the GTI later this week. Mounted and balanced five weeks ago by Kal Tire on what I think is a "Coats 1250 Laser" machine as per the pic. Not a nice Hunter set up as at an another garage I know of. Hopefully the Kal techs knew what they were doing and that the machine did not limit them. I assume that the equipment matters.

Last edited by NotMoneyGuy on Nov 13th, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 21, 2009
20 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Install and balancing difficult....wish I knew this earlier. Would have went with the Michelin Ice2 instead.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1324 posts
227 upvotes
NotMoneyGuy wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 4:21 pm
Hmmm...now a bit worried about how my 205/55R16 R2 tires on steelies are going to feel once I get them onto the GTI later this week. Mounted and balanced five weeks ago by Kal Tire on what I think is a "Laser 1250" machine as per the pic. Not a nice Hunter set up as at an another garage I know of. Hopefully the Kal techs knew what they were doing and that the machine did not limit them. I assume that the equipment matters.

Yeah, if they don't get it right this time I'll be going to Tires23, getting it Hunter balanced, and then sending Kal Tire the bill.

Hell, even my local Canadian Tire has a Hunter alignment setup.

Could also have saved myself nearly $40 if I'd just had Tires23 to do the installation and balancing from the get-go.
Dec 3, 2009
107 posts
5 upvotes
Burlington
cristianosham wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:09 pm
can you have CT price match costco?
I really would have liked to get at Costco ( because of warranty) but they don't carry Continental to my knowledge. Plus I was very aware that they were booked solid for 4...6 weeks on installs so I am still looking where to buy.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)