Hot Deals

2017 Winter Tire Rebates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1049 posts
77 upvotes
I booked online appointment with my order number, I am in SK, where we deal more snow and icy road conditions.
CelusC wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:59 pm
Are you sure your tires will arrive in time? and btw which Costco was this?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
1642 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto & north …
Spacedan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:04 pm
I've also heard Nokian's can be difficult to balance. I haven't had balancing issues with Nokians on a new install, just after a rotation. I had Nokian WRG2's that Kaltire on a few occasions had to re-balance after a rotation, it was always one tire that was off. One location in Winnipeg had to try a couple of times until it was right.

I had Nokian R2's installed a couple of weeks ago and haven't had balancing issues. It could be down to the technician and how they are at dealing with picky Nokian's for balancing.
Got my 205/55R16 set of R2 Hakkapeliittas onto the car today and now happy to report no balancing complaints at all from me. In fact very happy with the smooth and quiet ride.

The low rolling resistance touted also seems to be true; speeds crept up on the highway portion of my inaugural test.

Bring on the blizzards!

Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2135 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
NotMoneyGuy wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:55 pm
Got my 205/55R16 set of R2 Hakkapeliittas onto the car today and now happy to report no balancing complaints at all from me. In fact very happy with the smooth and quiet ride.

The low rolling resistance touted also seems to be true; speeds crept up on the highway portion of my inaugural test.

Bring on the blizzards!

did you paint your lugs?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1728 posts
79 upvotes
York
tetris wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:20 pm
I booked online appointment with my order number, I am in SK, where we deal more snow and icy road conditions.
Can customers only book appointments if they bought the tires from Costco? I signed up for an account but it's asking for the order number. I assume not but I was able to input a random order number in order to select a time slot.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Jan 24, 2007
751 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
got the bridgestone dm-v2 installed on my rav4 last weekend. these are my first winter tires and wow do these make a difference. the car feels so much better to handle, really feels glued to the road even while making turns at a decent speed. now waiting to see how they work in an actual snow.
Dec 3, 2009
107 posts
5 upvotes
Burlington
firetree wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:45 pm
Anyone here bought from greenleaftire.ca?? Prices are pretty good. I was going to get mine from active green but I may change my mind!
prices are very competitive if you can install yourself..
Dec 3, 2009
107 posts
5 upvotes
Burlington
mech9t5 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:46 am
I got 15" winter tires with steels through the group buy with simplytire on RFD. It was $741 out the door but Yokohama has $70 rebate. So all in was ~$670
probably should mention that deals not available now Simply tire Allen closed off new orders quite
some time ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2710 posts
694 upvotes
rugman100 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:19 am
probably should mention that deals not available now Simply tire Allen closed off new orders quite
some time ago.
that was only the $50 discount no? His store is still open and you can still buy tires there. I believe the only discount for RFD group buy was $50.
I went to the website and for my tires, it would be $724.62 all in after rebates. Still an ok price for yokohama and roughly the same as costo prices.

cheapest at costco for my car are BFGoodrich - Winter T/A KSI $413.96 after rebate. + $15 per tire + $13.20 tire levy = $487.16 + tax = $550.49
That does not include steels which are roughly $50 per wheel so another $226 after tax. Total is $776.49
Dec 3, 2009
107 posts
5 upvotes
Burlington
mech9t5 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:39 am
that was only the $50 discount no? His store is still open and you can still buy tires there. I believe the only discount for RFD group buy was $50.
I went to the website and for my tires, it would be $724.62 all in after rebates. Still an ok price for yokohama and roughly the same as costo prices.

cheapest at costco for my car are BFGoodrich - Winter T/A KSI $413.96 after rebate. + $15 per tire + $13.20 tire levy = $487.16 + tax = $550.49
That does not include steels which are roughly $50 per wheel so another $226 after tax. Total is $776.49
Oh OK didn't get that from the OP post in group buy thread.. very good pricing and service according to many RFD members ... i too missed it some 300 + order emails ( yet to be processed) and he stopped taking new orders to best of my knowledge. I will be quicker on the early bird deal next time i need tires.
With respect to the organizer of the group, Simply tire I personally wouldn't show up at his shop and try jump the line, doing a deal of that size is a lot of work and thumbs up to him for doing that. He clearly stated that he was fully committed in terms of install appointments.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2710 posts
694 upvotes
rugman100 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:10 pm
Oh OK didn't get that from the OP post in group buy thread.. very good pricing and service according to many RFD members ... i too missed it some 300 + order emails ( yet to be processed) and he stopped taking new orders to best of my knowledge. I will be quicker on the early bird deal next time i need tires.
With respect to the organizer of the group, Simply tire I personally wouldn't show up at his shop and try jump the line, doing a deal of that size is a lot of work and thumbs up to him for doing that. He clearly stated that he was fully committed in terms of install appointments.
You're not really jumping the line because you would just be a regular joe off the street. When I was there on Saturday morning I saw at least 20 people in the store asking about tires and setting up appointments. I was only there for 45 mins. I'm sure he didn't tell them "too bad, I am not selling tires anymore because RFD effect."

My understanding is that he had closed off the group buy but hasn't closed off orders from his store. Having said that, he was telling people that they were booked solid until dec 5. But, if you wanted to buy the tires and rims and install yourself, I'm sure he will sell it to you. I think it was a $30 discount for pick up as well because the prices above include installation.
Jan 22, 2008
641 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa
The Ottawa (Merivale) Costco location is currently booking installations about 11 days out. Just got an appointment for November 26th to install new Blizzaks DM-V2 on my 07 Rav4 and will get rebated the $70 discount when it kicks in December 4th.

My last set of Blizzaks (V1's) lasted me 10 winters and I just hit the wear bar at the end of last winter. Not too bad but I guess I don't drive much in winter. I don't think I'll have my Rav long enough to see another 10 years though.
May 24, 2013
564 posts
98 upvotes
Looking to get winter tires for my 2017 elantra GL. Any advice? I live at the windsor-detroit border so USA or Canada would work
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
1642 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto & north …
rugman100 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:24 pm
Do those fit on hubcentric steelies ? please
The bolt pattern is 5x112 and I use them on my genuine VW steelies that are now entering their 7th winter season. Here is what they snap onto and notice that the wheel cap even accommodates the circular lock nut. They are probably only going to work with VW style wheel bolts. I think they are meant for Tiguans but they work elsewhere.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

howardl