Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

2017 Winter Tire Rebates

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2018 4:53 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1800 posts
182 upvotes

2017 Winter Tire Rebates

BFGoodrich
www.bfgoodrichpromo.ca
Oct.13 - Dec.15
$70.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Winter T/A KSI, Advantage T/A Sport LT
$50.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 BFGoodrich tires - all other products

Bridgestone
www.bridgestonerewards.com
Oct.15 - Dec.15
$70.00 VISA Prepaid Card on a set of 4 eligable Blizzak tires:
DM-V1, DM-V2, DM-Z3, LM-001, LM-25 RFT & 4x4, LM-32 & RFT, LM-50 RFT, LM-60 & RFT, LM-80 RFT & EVO, LM-500, MZ-03 RFT, W965, WS60 (185/65/R14, 205/60/R15, 225/55/R16), WS70 (195/60/R15), WS80

Continental
www.continentaltirepromotions.ca
Oct.15 - Dec.15
$65.00 Prepaid Continental Tire Mastercard on any set of 4 Continental Tires. Excluding TrueContact purchases.

Firestone
www.firestonerewards.com
Oct.01 - Oct.31
$40.00 VISA Prepaid Card with purchase of 4 eligable tires:
Winterforce 2, Winterforce UV2

General Tire
www.generaltirepromotions.ca
Oct.15 - Dec.15
$35.00 Prepaid General Tire Mastercard on any set of 4 General Tires. Excluding Evertrek and Grabber STX purchases.

Gislaved
www.gislavedtirepromotions.ca
Oct.15 - Dec.15
$35.00 Prepaid Gislaved Tire Mastercard on any set of 4 Gislaved Tires.

Goodyear/Dunlop
www.goodyeartirerebates.com/ca
Oct.01 - Dec.31
$100.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Ultra Grip 8 Performace & ROF, Ultra Grip+ SUV 4x4, Ultra Grip SUV ROF, Assurance WeatherReady
$80.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Assurance ComforTred Touring, Assurance TripleTred All-Season, Assurance CS Tripletred All-Season, SP Winter Sport 4d, ROF & NST, Ultra Grip Ice WRT & LT, Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar
$60.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Winter Maxx & ROF, Winter Maxx 2, Winter Maxx SJ8
$50.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Eagle Sport All-Season
$40.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Assurance All-Season, Assurance Fuel Max, Assurance CX Fuel Max, Ultra Grip Winter, Wrangler Fortitude HT, Wrangler Trailrunner

Hankook
www.hankooktirerebates.ca
Oct.15 - Dec.31
$100.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Winter i*cept evo2 (W320)
$60.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Winter i*cept iZ2 (W616), Winter i*Pike RS (W419), Winter i*Pike (W409), i*Pike RW11
$50.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Winter i*Pike LT (RW09), Dynapro AT-m (RF10)
$40.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Kinergy 4S (H740)

Kumho
www.kumhotirerebates.com
Oct.01 - Dec.29
$40.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 eligable tires:
Wintercraft WP71, Wintercraft WP51, Wintercraft Ice Wi31, Wintercraft SUV Ws31, I'zen RV KC15, I'zen KW31, Solus HA31, Road Venture AT51, Crugen HT51 (with 3PMSF symbol), Power Grip KC11

Laufenn
www.laufenntirerebates.ca
Oct.15 - Dec.31
$40.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 I Fit Ice (LW71), X Fit AT (LC01)

Michelin
www.michelinpromo.ca
Oct.13 - Dec.15
$70.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Michelin tires - all products

Nokian Tires (This offer is for retail sales in the Maritime provinces and Quebec only.)
https://www.nokiantiresrebates.ca/Publi ... gPage.aspx
Sep.18 - Dec.15
$70.00 mail in rebate on a set of HKPL 8/9/R2/LT2, HKPL 8/9/R2 SUV, Rotiva AT/AT+, WRA3, WRG3 and WRG3 SUV
$50.00 mail in rebate on a set of Nordman 7 and 7 SUV, Nordman 5 and 5 SUV, HKPL C3, WRC3, CR3
Originally posted by dealseaker101

Pirelli
www.pirellipromo.com
Oct.01 - Dec.15
$100.00 mail in rebate on a set of 4 Winter 270 Sottozero Serie II
$70.00 mail in rebate on a set of 4 Winter Sottozero Family (except Winter 270 Sottozero Serie II), Winter SnowControl Family, Winter SnowSport Family, Winter Scorpion Family
$50.00 mail in rebate on a set of 4 Ice Zero FR / Ice Zero, Winter Cinturato

Toyo Tires
www.toyorebate.com
Sep.16 - Dec.15
$70.00 mail in rebate on a set of OBserve GSi5, Observe Garit KX, Enscribe CSi-1, Open Country WLT1, Celsius, Celsius CUV, Open Country C/T, Open Country Q/T, Open Country A/T II, Open Country A/T II Xtreme, Open Country H/T & TD, Open Country R/T, Open Country M/T
$60.00 mail in rebate on a set of Extensa HP, Versado Noir, Versado ECO, Versado CUV, Proxes 4 plus, Proxes 4, Proxes ST II
$50.00 mail in rebate on a set of Observe G#-ICE, Extensa A/S, Eclipse

Uniroyal
www.promo.uniroyal.ca
Oct.13 - Dec.15
$40.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 Uniroyal tires - all products

Yokohama
www.yokohamarebate.ca
Sep.15 - Dec.15
$70.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 iceGuard iG51, iceGuard iG52c, BluEarth Winter V905, W.Drive WY01, Geolandar A/T G015, Geolandar G055, Geolander H/T G056, Avid Ascend, Avid ENVigor
$50.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 AVID Touring-S
Last edited by Flyer on Sep 8th, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car; oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall; torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Thread Summary
Costco Michelin Deal is $70 off a set starting Oct 10
1143 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Would these work on top of Costco's rebates?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Dec 15, 2009
287 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: Would these work on top of Costco's rebates?
Don't think so. These are manufacturers' rebate that Costco already incorporates as applicable
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
Thanks OP. Any news of group buy from simplytire this year?
May 23, 2004
435 posts
42 upvotes
Winnipeg
engineered wrote: Would these work on top of Costco's rebates?
Seen a few with this in the conditions:

Retail purchases only. Offer excludes Costco.
Jan 24, 2007
940 posts
401 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I am going to be installing new winter tires this season on the new RAV4. never had winter tire on the older sedan which I owned previously. Being new to it, can anyone give me a recommended brand to go with. or maybe the top3 from the above list.
Mar 7, 2002
225 posts
40 upvotes
d4diesel wrote: I am going to be installing new winter tires this season on the new RAV4. never had winter tire on the older sedan which I owned previously. Being new to it, can anyone give me a recommended brand to go with. or maybe the top3 from the above list.
I've had the Blizzak DM-V1 on my older Rav and they've been fantastic. I have Michelin X-ICE Xi3 on my other vehicle and they don't work well at all in snow or ice.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Blizzak and Winterforce are the only ones I'm considering for my huge rear wheel drive sedan. They come highly recommended by many Ford Crown Victoria owners in very snowy areas.
In your pants!
Aug 12, 2008
66 posts
26 upvotes
Desalex wrote: I've had the Blizzak DM-V1 on my older Rav and they've been fantastic. I have Michelin X-ICE Xi3 on my other vehicle and they don't work well at all in snow or ice.
I have to agree. I've had 2 sets of blizzak's and they have been really good! There are different grades and models so I suggest googling them and seeing what other people think.
I had a set of x-ice and I was so disappointed in them. It's a big common brand name and model but to me they were so horrible, almost like they were all season tires. Some people swear by them, but I would never purchase them again.

I've also used the Pierelli FR Ice Zero and Toyo Observe Gsi5 and both have been great performing winter tires. Both of these models I found were more budget friendly.

Good luck. Thanks op for posting!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
I put new Michelin X-Ice 3 tires on my Audi A4 last winter and they worked great. City, Hwy and Rural driving conditions. Maybe they work better on sedans? The car is 4 wheel drive so maybe that helped?

I was debating between the XI3 and Blizzaks but after reading many reviews went with the XI3.
Jun 3, 2006
962 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Looking for new snow tires for my Mazda 3 sport hatch as well. Many Mazda owner forums like X-Ice and also recommend Pirellis but these tend to be pricier even at Costco ($250-270/tire). I'll be considering these two and Blizzaks from comments here so far.

On the specs side, can anyone comment on what we should be looking for in a good performing winter tire other than fit?
BerryPride :D
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
Any of you that own blizzaks drive long commutes to work? I have been reading some reviews and most are saying xice has better fuel efficiency.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
dk87 wrote: Any of you that own blizzaks drive long commutes to work? I have been reading some reviews and most are saying xice has better fuel efficiency.
You are correct. I've have the blizzaks And the x ice. Michelin feel more like an all season tire in overall drive while Bridgestone is a more grippy winter tire. If you live in the city where roads get plowed quick, get the x ice since they'll be quieter and ice is a bigger concern in the city. If you live in a rural area get the bridgestones as they will help you "plow" through the snow better, but again, you get the noise and feeling that your driving a winter tire
Feb 16, 2014
845 posts
797 upvotes
d4diesel wrote: I am going to be installing new winter tires this season on the new RAV4. never had winter tire on the older sedan which I owned previously. Being new to it, can anyone give me a recommended brand to go with. or maybe the top3 from the above list.
I recommend Continental.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2087 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
It's kinda nice not having to navigate these threads any more. Bought new blizzaks for both cars last year. Summer tires though, hmmm, maybe next year.
May 25, 2016
179 posts
50 upvotes
Looking to buy winter tires for my CRV this winter as well (amazingly survived a brutal winter in Calgary last year without winter tires, granted that I don't drive to work or anything). Any recommendation would be good!

Also, where do the best winter tire deals mostly occur? Costco or Canadain Tire?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
2037 posts
462 upvotes
I would recommend continental winter contact si as #1 then Pirelli Ice Zero.

Blizzak ws80 are mostly rated higher than the above 2 but ws80 tread life is not that good compared to the conti and pirelli. So make your pick s to what you want.

I would stay away from x ice. For me they were just not good and felt like all season..
Last edited by fq007 on Sep 9th, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Pretty much any major brand will serve you well. It's not like you're looking for lap times or something.
Value wise, it's hard to beat the General Altimax Arctic tires. Very good in the winter and one of the lowest cost. Make in USA or Germany.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... 17QR6AMAXA
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
Looking to get winter tires for a new Mazda SUV and a new WRX.

It seems like the best deal is from Costco for the Blizzak WS80s. Thinking of getting it for both vehicles due to price although just want to confirm if this is a good choice for those vehicles. I'm mainly concerned about grip in icy conditions and steep snowfalls. So I don't need a performance tire that can turn better, has higher speed ratings, better fuel economy or better handling in lesser conditions. Just a pure winter tire is what I'm trying to say.
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨