• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 8:23 am
Mar 17, 2015
87 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
parisprincess1 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:18 am
Ok thank you - its been early two hours now and still nothing. I am getting worried! There is no way for me to call back since there was no caller ID. :(
Mondays are probably busier, because they are probably calling people who all won on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Jun 14, 2016
70 posts
158 upvotes
Thank you so much ethansmith and habs635! :) I feel better now -- I'll just wait it out and hope they come soon. I am checking my email like a madwoman lol
Nov 4, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
I got the confirmation email! Eff, yeah! The only thing that worries me is that it says it'll be couriered in 8-10 weeks. I think someone here said that it doesn't take anywhere near that long. so hopefully I get it by the end of next week or the week after. I just hope I don't actually have to wait 8 weeks lol

Parisprincess, I got an email about a half hour after the call, but the lady who called me told me not to worry if I don't get an email right away and that it could take about 48 hours tops. Given that you confirmed your email with them, I'm sure you'll get it soon enough.

On a side note; I'm very surprised that it's the same answer for the math test, and possibly the same question? I've never had any experience with winning prizes, but I would imagine that they at least would have 10 different questions lined up, each with their own answer.

Edit: I'll post when I receive my Xbox One X, or maybe someone else will. That way, anyone who won can get an idea of how long it takes.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14702 posts
18311 upvotes
ONTARIO
josh924 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:54 am

On a side note; I'm very surprised that it's the same answer for the math test, and possibly the same question? I've never had any experience with winning prizes, but I would imagine that they at least would have 10 different questions lined up, each with their own answer.
Nope.
The STQ is to fulfill a legal obligation. They don't need to go out of their way setting up multiple questions.
That's not to say that a contest would never do it, but it's really unlikely.

A lot of contest sponsors even keep the same STQ over all of their contests.
Like EB Games, the STQ answer is always 150. Cineplex always 195. Rockstar Energy always 4, ePrize always 1000, etc., etc.
Nov 4, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:02 pm
A lot of contest sponsors even keep the same STQ over all of their contests.
Like EB Games, the STQ answer is always 150. Cineplex always 195. Rockstar Energy always 4, ePrize always 1000, etc., etc.
That's interesting, but I guess it makes sense.

I'll post this tidbit on how I won, in case anyone was curious or wanted any tips; basically, I stored up about 8 pairs of 1 drink/1 bag of chips. That gave me a total of 40 entries, plus I had an unused entry from before. The wording in the rules got me paranoid (specifically the line about "code is valid for hour of entry only"), so I entered them all at the same time. I think the most important part was that I entered them for the first draw of the day, which as you know is 12pm (11am in my time zone, mountain time) and I used up all 41 of my entries at the same time. I stopped entering codes until I had at least enough drinks/chips for 30 entries, so I'm sure that that draw is what did it for me. The other thing that I think really helped was that I used my entries on a weekday (last Tuesday or Wednesday), which is a work day/school day for most people.

To boil it down, my advice for winning is to get at least 30 entries (preferrably from pairs of 1 drink/1 Doritos bag) and enter them all at the same time as early as possible on a weekday, not the weekend. Alternatively, I suggest using at least 5 entries as early as possible. Good luck to anyone who hasn't won yet!
Jan 30, 2016
225 posts
421 upvotes
Halifax, NS
So you entered last Tuesday/Wednesday, and when did you get the call? Wondering if the calls are behind...
Jun 14, 2016
70 posts
158 upvotes
josh924 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:54 am
I got the confirmation email! Eff, yeah! The only thing that worries me is that it says it'll be couriered in 8-10 weeks. I think someone here said that it doesn't take anywhere near that long. so hopefully I get it by the end of next week or the week after. I just hope I don't actually have to wait 8 weeks lol

Parisprincess, I got an email about a half hour after the call, but the lady who called me told me not to worry if I don't get an email right away and that it could take about 48 hours tops. Given that you confirmed your email with them, I'm sure you'll get it soon enough.

Edit: I'll post when I receive my Xbox One X, or maybe someone else will. That way, anyone who won can get an idea of how long it takes.
I got my forms! :) Took about 3 hours from the time I got the call - already signed and got my witness to sign and sent them back!
Jun 14, 2016
70 posts
158 upvotes
I still have 8 codes to use up - can someone else in my home enter the contest or is it one per household?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2649 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
Question... so When the winners are picked for the weekend draws... are they phoning on Mondays or will it normally take a day or so.

That is the only thing I don't like about this contest right now. Not that it doesn't matter, but the winners have no clue what draw time slot they actually won for...
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 4
80's Toy Collector.. have old GI Joes / Transformers you're interested in selling? Msg me!
Nov 30, 2005
728 posts
113 upvotes
Leduc
freakx2001 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:41 pm
Question... so When the winners are picked for the weekend draws... are they phoning on Mondays or will it normally take a day or so.

That is the only thing I don't like about this contest right now. Not that it doesn't matter, but the winners have no clue what draw time slot they actually won for...
according to the rules they will call you within two business days if you win. so if you enter on Friday, Saturday or Sunday but don't get a call on Monday or Tuesday its a safe to assume you didn't win.
Nov 4, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
I'm having trouble figuring out how to quote more than one person.

Anyways, to answer your question ImagineCH; I got the call this past Friday. I don't remember the exact time, but I think it was around 10:30am.

Parisprincess, that's a good question. My brother would also like to try winning an Xbox One X, but it'd be pointless to try if it's only one prize per household.

Edit: I think it'd be cool if Pepsico was kind enough to pay for release day shipping, though I'm pretty sure I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I seriously expected that lol. I'm still hoping that I don't have to wait 8 weeks, at least.
May 13, 2015
4 posts
Montreal, QC
I only received my 2-3 hrs after the call. I filled out and emailed the release right away, and was contacted first thing the next morning at 9am declaring I was now selected as a winner. So fingers crossed i'll be receiving it soon. It would be insane if they were preorder project Scorpio ones, but as they quote 8-10 weeks, I assume they'll be the standard ones. I'm still super excited to get one.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2649 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
josh924 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:29 pm

Edit: I think it'd be cool if Pepsico was kind enough to pay for release day shipping, though I'm pretty sure I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I seriously expected that lol. I'm still hoping that I don't have to wait 8 weeks, at least.
As a past winner of both a Xbox 360 (360 was a bit different, as it was "First to Play" so you got it before release day) & Xbox One... I'm pretty sure they just list the 8 weeks to cover themselves. While I don't believe you'll get it today (launch day), I would think you'd have it by December.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 4
80's Toy Collector.. have old GI Joes / Transformers you're interested in selling? Msg me!
Jul 19, 2006
24 posts
66 upvotes
Surrey
I won today & when they called they DID leave a message so I was able to call back to claim my prize :)
Jul 19, 2006
24 posts
66 upvotes
Surrey
josh924 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:29 pm

Parisprincess, that's a good question. My brother would also like to try winning an Xbox One X, but it'd be pointless to try if it's only one prize per household.
I didn't see anything in the rules about 1 prize per household - just 1 prize per person.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

eyeballTickler