• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2018 11:50 am
Mar 17, 2015
146 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
justineh wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 1:44 pm
I was hoping the bag of Doritos that I had in my stocking was going to be my lucky winner from the 25th. Would have been a Christmas miracle! Assuming they are calling for the 27th already?
They were calling people on the 28th for the 23rd. I doubt that they are past the 25th.
May 15, 2006
1 posts
Those who has an Xbox One X, do you see any difference in performances/graphic in comparison with Xbox One S??? The S is at $230 and Forza 7 is $80 ($50 on BoxingDay). I think it's better to spend $310+tax than to gain the extra weight or searching for those products in stores.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2761 posts
167 upvotes
Ottawa
Ok.. so last big push. Any tips on finding Doritos for cheap?
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
No Xbox X win.... not a good way to start 2018 :(
Nov 30, 2005
806 posts
148 upvotes
Leduc
mochaguy22 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 10:21 pm
Those who has an Xbox One X, do you see any difference in performances/graphic in comparison with Xbox One S??? The S is at $230 and Forza 7 is $80 ($50 on BoxingDay). I think it's better to spend $310+tax than to gain the extra weight or searching for those products in stores.
I setup the X I won a few days ago and was comparing some games with my S. I only have a 1080p tv that does not support HDR. In my experience so far with my setup the biggest improvements are; frame rates are better and usually stable in games that struggled before and anisotropic filtering is much improved. Battlefield 1 for example now runs 1080/60 instead of dynamic res with unstable frame rate. It runs better than the pro version and this is without an X patch.
I don't think resolution makes that much of an impact though, for example killer instinct goes from 900p to 4k but it looks almost identical. Sure a little bit of shimmer is gone and the slight jaggies are reduced but its hard to tell much difference in motion especially if a game has decent AA like KI does. If you have a 4K tv then yes the higher resolution will be more beneficial.

The S is a good value and would have no problem recommending it. If you have money to burn and need the best the X is for you. Winning one is great but spending tons of money trying to do so would be better spent simply buying it from a store.
freakx2001 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 6:32 am
Ok.. so last big push. Any tips on finding Doritos for cheap?
stores in my area that sell chips cheap have little to no stock. stores that have high prices $4-$5/bag still have some. the macs here still has some small bags for $1.50 while other convenience stores are cleared out so maybe try there if you have one in your area and don't want to drain the wallet.
Nov 15, 2011
97 posts
38 upvotes
Quiet day here... how many are left that haven't won?
Jan 12, 2003
475 posts
116 upvotes
Ive pretty much baked out of this, good luck to those who keep hammering away.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Nov 15, 2011
97 posts
38 upvotes
Thanks slade! With how hard it was to find any chips with codes (no drinks left anywhere), I'm practically in the same boat as you here. Will need a lot of luck to win with the handful of codes I have left.

Still crossing my fingers they are really back logged and one of the codes I entered during Xmas break is a winner.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2761 posts
167 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm heading out at lunch to find chip bags to buy to match up with my last few Dew codes. I'm in until the end!
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
No Xbox X win.... not a good way to start 2018 :(
Nov 6, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
I just got the call. Just need to wait for the email/forms now.
And I forgot to ask when I won, was a bit nervous - almost buggered up the skill testing question (still the same as earlier in the thread).
(╯ ͡° ▽ ͡°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nov 15, 2011
97 posts
38 upvotes
Curious, did anyone that win Sign in to the wineveryhour.ca page through facebook or did you register an email?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15590 posts
3829 upvotes
justineh wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 10:12 am
Curious, did anyone that win Sign in to the wineveryhour.ca page through facebook or did you register an email?
I don't have FB so it's always with email...
Nov 6, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Registered through email. I did get the original 20 (didn't help). Had lots of problems signing up in the beginning.

Also, I had been worried about being accidentally disqualified for a few reasons, like one hour typing a code incorrectly lots and being blocked for the rest of the hour.
I'm guessing you do have to do something bad, like stealing codes from bags, to be taken out of play.
Nov 15, 2011
97 posts
38 upvotes
Congrats eyeball! Have you been doing 1 code per hour or some big dumps? Glad to see more on RFD are getting the call.
Nov 6, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks. I've mostly been doing 1 an hour, but have done 2-5 randomly more in the beginning.
I slowed down a lot in the middle, picked up a bit more recently when I realized the end was nearing.
Probably entered 37 code pairs (74) total. Good luck to those remaining.
Mar 17, 2015
146 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The last couple of days I have been seeking out random cans and bags around the city. I have 30 codes left. Trying to decide the best way to use them at this point Thinking Face