Expired Contests

[Other] 2018/03/08 Fisherman’s Friend, Friend of the Community Contest, random [no QC]

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2018 10:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3581 posts
20641 upvotes
North York

2018/03/08 Fisherman’s Friend, Friend of the Community Contest, random [no QC]

The Prize

There are three (3) prizes to be won in the Friends of the Community promotion. The Prize consists of:

 one (1) GoPro Hero (retail value $649.99 CAD);

 one (1) $500 CAD Visa Gift Cards (retail value $500 CAD); and

 one (1) Fisherman’s Friend Product (retail value $100 CAD)

Total approximate value of the prize is $1,250 CAD

How to Enter

To enter, the participant must complete and submit the contest entry form provided on the Fishermen’s Friend: Friend of the Community website through cccentral.ca and enter the following details: full name, email address and phone number. By checking the opt-in box on the entry form, you give consent to receiving marketing correspondence from TFB & Associates and Fisherman’s Friend Canada via email. If you do not want to receive this you can unsubscribe after receiving the first email message. Entrants can also receive extra entries as follows (for a possible maximum five (5) entries per person):

Extra entries must contain new and original information and not be a complete duplication of the first entry form submitted. Eligibility for extra entries will be at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.

Rules: http://ccentral.ca/friend-of-the-community-rules/
Enter: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PW98N2T
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
2109 posts
1046 upvotes
thanks op!
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :-0
Apr 22, 2013
191 posts
1513 upvotes
Woodbridge
Did anyone else get an email about being shortlisted? I can’t recall what I wrote exactly because I didn’t save it elsewhere, but after reading the email it said something about “active retail partners like you who are involved in the community”. I don’t ever lie in these things and I entered only once. When I just reread the entry page and the rules I didn’t see anything about being a retail partner. Did I miss something? Is this only for business owners and I never realized?

Edit: ARGH I just saw the words ‘retailers’ on the entry page :( does this mean I would be ineligible? Now I really wonder what I wrote....
May 25, 2015
119 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Gaesh7 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 1:33 am
Did anyone else get an email about being shortlisted? I can’t recall what I wrote exactly because I didn’t save it elsewhere, but after reading the email it said something about “active retail partners like you who are involved in the community”. I don’t ever lie in these things and I entered only once. When I just reread the entry page and the rules I didn’t see anything about being a retail partner. Did I miss something? Is this only for business owners and I never realized?

Edit: ARGH I just saw the words ‘retailers’ on the entry page :( does this mean I would be ineligible? Now I really wonder what I wrote....
Received that email this morning as well. Found it odd it was from a gmail account.

Eligibility in the rules doesn't mention anything about "retailers", so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3843 posts
1437 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I also received the email, weird, just filled it out saying how and why I help out in the community
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3843 posts
1437 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I received another email from this contest asking where I work. Something doesn't seem right here. I replied asking why they were still contacting me so long after the contest ended.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3581 posts
20641 upvotes
North York
Melkor wrote:
May 15th, 2018 7:53 am
I received another email from this contest asking where I work. Something doesn't seem right here. I replied asking why they were still contacting me so long after the contest ended.
hmmm...interesting...do keep us updated
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3843 posts
1437 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Rosibal wrote:
May 15th, 2018 12:22 pm
hmmm...interesting...do keep us updated
I received a reply saying the needed the info for narrowing down the winners. I'm not giving them that information. No one has sent an email with a name. It's always from and signed from Fishermans Friend. Sketchy.
Nov 18, 2012
108 posts
136 upvotes
British Columbia
I have also received emails from them about narrowing it down. Anyone have any updates? The winner is supposed to be announced today.