Expired Contests

[Other] 2018/07/29 - Cheetos Museum [Photo Req - Judged for Weekly & Grand Prize] [CAN] [Starts 05/07/2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2018 1:39 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 30, 2007
250 posts
1890 upvotes
Toronto

2018/07/29 - Cheetos Museum [Photo Req - Judged for Weekly & Grand Prize] [CAN] [Starts 05/07/2018]

Fun one! Happy Cheetos hunting and good luck!

https://www.cheetosmuseum.ca/

No official rules and regs posted yet only summary below.

† No purchase necessary. Open to Canadian residents, 13+.
Entry Period: May 7, 2018 @ 12:00 pm (noon) ET to July 1, 2018 @ 11:59:59 pm ET.
Voting Period: July 16, 2018 @ 12:00 pm (noon) ET to July 29, 2018 @ 11:59:59 pm ET.
Daily prizes: 112 available/2 per day (ARV $100 ea), odds depend on eligible entries received.
Weekly prizes: 8 available (ARV $2,000 ea), odds depend on judging panel. Four (4) finalists to be selected by judges from weekly winners for Grand Prize: 1 prize of $25,000 cash, odds depend on results of judging panel and public vote. Entrants must save shape submitted to be eligible for Grand Prize. Prizes diminish as awarded. Mathematical skill-testing question required.
20 replies
Sep 11, 2017
41 posts
145 upvotes
so weird "Entrants must save shape submitted to be eligible for Grand Prize." So you have to save the cheeto... you cannot eat itFace With Tears Of Joy

Edited to add: How can it be no purchase necessary?
Jun 16, 2012
140 posts
641 upvotes
CALGARY
katrinabadina wrote:
May 6th, 2018 11:35 pm
So you have to save the cheeto... you cannot eat itFace With Tears Of Joy
Indeed! I had a really good chuckle after reading the posted summary.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2007
250 posts
1890 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure - I just copied whatever summary of rules were on the page - I assume the full rules should be on now.
May 15, 2010
201 posts
2484 upvotes
So I'm still trying to figure out No Purchase Entry. Rules state "NO PURCHASE ENTRY: To participate without making a purchase, visit the Contest Website, choose any CHEETOS CRUNCHY® snack and follow the online instructions to submit an Entry (as provided above). Standard message and data rates may apply for participants accessing the Contest Website on their mobile device." - still sounds like you have to buy a bag!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery.
Dec 11, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
I emailed to inquire about the No Purchase Entry, this was the reply. “Thank you for contacting PepsiCo Foods Canada concerning the Cheetos Museum Promotion. Even if you do not purchase the product in order to participate you need to upload a picture in order to enter the contest. To participate without making a purchase, visit the Contest Website at cheetosmuseum.ca , choose any CHEETOS CRUNCHY® snack and follow the online instructions to submit an Entry (as provided above). Standard message and data rates may apply for participants accessing the Contest Website on their mobile device. If you have any additional questions please call us at 1800-376-2257.” Sounds like there is NO - No Purchase Entry to me???
[OP]
Jul 30, 2007
250 posts
1890 upvotes
Toronto
Try taking a picture of the generic cheetos they have on the site and entering? Maybe that's what they meant?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5717 posts
3281 upvotes
Victoria
panzz wrote:
May 8th, 2018 5:25 pm
Try taking a picture of the generic cheetos they have on the site and entering? Maybe that's what they meant?
edit:
Here's the NPN link https://www.cheetosmuseum.ca/alternate-entry

I guess you save it to your computer then upload it as your pic entry.
Oct 10, 2006
756 posts
1662 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
rchong wrote:
May 9th, 2018 12:55 pm
edit:
Here's the NPN link https://www.cheetosmuseum.ca/alternate-entry

I guess you save it to your computer then upload it as your pic entry, and how it satifies the "keep entry Cheeto for verification" rule.
Your guess is as good as mine. I wonder how the "judges" will judge these entries.
PART VII 206 (1) Every one is guilty...who (f) disposes of any goods, wares or merchandise by any game of chance or any game of mixed chance and skill in which the contestant or competitor pays money or other valuable consideration; Criminal Code
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
4034 posts
27265 upvotes
My NPN entry was rejected as per rule 6.

I attached a photo of one of their own cheetos, which I uploaded from their site.

Still do not know why it’s rejected, was I suppose to alter the photo to make it my own?
Nov 24, 2009
416 posts
612 upvotes
^ My entries are being rejected as well. I used their picture in the NPN link.